Oh, a Batman game

Maybe I´m just being dense but that trailer does not look like the game will be based on the Series from the 60´s. Please tell me I am wrong on this...
Lie to me if you have to.

Comments

• TTG has made their own story, not based on anything.

• Nope, it's much better.

• edited March 2016

They mentioned at the SXSW what they were looking at to take from the character. They do indeed intend to make it their own but one of them said that players may find subtle hints referring to the pre-existing versions of the character but by the end they will see it as something completely different.

I am not about to hate on Adam West's tremendous and campy caped crusader but if that were to be the main inspiration for this Telltale Game - I fail to see how people would even be remotely interested. They mentioned all the popular Batman movies/comics/shows however they didn't mention the 60's show thankfully - again not bad but for a game, well let's just leave it there...

"Holy alter ego Batman" - need I say more?

• I know that Robin and Nightwing are not gonna be in the game, but it would be cool to see a Easter egg such as a poster for sidekick auditions or Robins costume in the Bat cave.

• Maybe Earth-One Batman.

• I hope they make it its own thing, not based in any other incarnation of Batman.Kind of like the Arkham games.

• Luckily, it's not tied to any known universe or iteration of Batman. It's Telltales very own Batman.

I hope they make it its own thing, not based in any other incarnation of Batman.Kind of like the Arkham games.

• They already said that it's an original universe

I hope they make it its own thing, not based in any other incarnation of Batman.Kind of like the Arkham games.

• IMO, it doesn't matter from which specific source Telltale will draw their inspiration, as long as it's a good game, which it almost definitely will, I was never disappointed with any of their games.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.