BvS spoiler free reviews

what a bitter dissapointment, You wont believe the excitement i had when i started watching it but by the end i cant tell you how dissapointed i felt while the movie ended.
Please give your spoiler free reveiws on this movie. The only plus point for me was Ben Affleck as Batman

Comments

• I just saw this movie. And I have to say, this movie have issues. Lots of issues. Normally, I would ignore these issues if the story and characters are interesting and engrossing enough. The narrative have lots of problems. It jumps quite often. The story doesn't feel like it have a strong driving force. I mean, the story doesn't feel that strong for me.

The worst part for me was Lex Luthor...I want to take this guy seriously, but I just couldn't. He didn't felt like a menacing villain. To be honest, he was really comical and not in a good way.

The things I like is Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Man.

And the one thing that I really really like was the setup to the Justice League. I knew it was coming, but I didn't realize that I would like it so much. To those who have seen the movie, you would know what scene I am talking about.

• Haha! I knew it'll suck.

• edited March 2016

While I didn't think the movie was bad, I didn't think the movie was good either. The plot was very convoluted and boring. There are things in the movie that definitely could have been taken out to save time. Yes, Lex Luthor is as terrible as people thought he would be although I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The shoehorning of other heroes wasn't particularly done well and I honestly thought that Wonder Woman shouldn't have been in the movie in the first place considering how little she is in the movie.

Ben Affleck was pretty good as Batman though, and the fight scenes are well done for the most part.

Overall I thought it was really mediocre.

• What other Batman actor would you compare Affleck with?

• I wrote one here: http://www.cultjer.com/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-2016-film-review spoiler free.
    But to sum it up... I loved it! It really improves on Man of Steel, the action is meaningful, the symbolism, themes, and drama are all engaging. It's very different, and while there are some issues with it, I can't honestly understand the criticism

• Depending on how strict you are with what your Superman/Batman/Lex is or represents will determine how much you (dis)like the movie. It has other issues as well. It was about 25-35 minutes too long.

• I'm seeing it now tomorrow night, but I'll admit I'm not looking forward to it now after seeing what the critics (and some friends of mine at work) have been saying. I'll see tomorrow, but I was already hugely skeptical of the film for many reasons. Biggest problem I had was how bad of a casting Jesse Eisenberg is as Lex Luthor. I'm just really irritated that they had this great villain to work with and he's just being made into this eccentric little bratty character. Such a waste of potential.

Anyway, I won't rant on about it yet, but Eisenberg's casting to me was one of the worst things about the movie, was dragging my anticipation down the whole time. And I'm annoyed that my fears of it are actually right.

• People who are defending his character, is saying that he is just Lex Luthor's son, but that only makes me wonder why he is in the movie if he is not the real Lex Luthor that we know.

CathalOHara posted: »

I'm seeing it now tomorrow night, but I'll admit I'm not looking forward to it now after seeing what the critics (and some friends of mine a

• edited March 2016

Fuck the haters and fuck the critics, this movie is epic and amazing!!! ben affleck is the best batman ever!!! i dont know what the hell is the problem with the haters, obviously.... this movie is too big for little minds.

• edited March 2016

I wasn't even going into this movie with high expectations, I really wasn't expecting it to live up to the hype, and I figured that it would probably make the experience for me a little better by doing so. Even by my somewhat low standards, this movie just outright sucked. The pacing felt off, the writing was weak, the story wasn't good, I never felt invested with what was going on, they made the same mistakes that Man of Steel did (too much destruction), and is just way too long. Ben Affleck was good, but honestly, that's the only positive thing I can say about this movie, it was just a bad film. If I had to grade it, I'd say it's a 3.5/10

• edited March 2016

You know there's a problem in a movie when you see the phrase "Directed by Zack Snyder" in the opening credits sequence

• Or (and this might be crazy, but hear me out) not everyone has to have the same opinion. Nah that's ridiculous, as everyone knows anyone who disagrees with your mighty and superior factual opinion is a "hater" and is inherently small-minded.

seriously. get over yourself.

Alex_L_P posted: »

Fuck the haters and fuck the critics, this movie is epic and amazing!!! ben affleck is the best batman ever!!! i dont know what the hell is the problem with the haters, obviously.... this movie is too big for little minds.

• This movie is enormously shit and that makes me really really sad. Every fight scene with Batman was really good though.

• Or (and this might be crazy, but hear me out) not everyone has to have the same opinion. Nah that's ridiculous, as everyone knows anyone who disagrees with your mighty and superior factual opinion is a "hater" and is inherently small-minded.

seriously. get over yourself.

This.
    The film was a mess

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Or (and this might be crazy, but hear me out) not everyone has to have the same opinion. Nah that's ridiculous, as everyone knows anyone who

• pufff... people hate what they dont understand, its their problem

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Or (and this might be crazy, but hear me out) not everyone has to have the same opinion. Nah that's ridiculous, as everyone knows anyone who

• I'm conflicted one whether I should watch it...

Reasons to watch it - My friends that have seen it tell me it's actually really good and I see allot of people who are really into the Comics saying the movie was true to the Comics and praising it, plus it has Wonder Woman. Plus some who didn't love it said it was ok.

Reasons not to watch it - I keep watching/seeing Reviews, Articles and Comments saying that the movie was either terrible or just ok. My friend pretty much spoiled the entire plot of the movie for me and I'm puzzled about allot of things...

• Oh please, take the condescending attitude and leave it at the front door

Alex_L_P posted: »

pufff... people hate what they dont understand, its their problem

• [removed]

Oh please, take the condescending attitude and leave it at the front door

• Alright, guys, that's enough. Let's behave, please.

Oh please, take the condescending attitude and leave it at the front door

• if you're torn about it then wait for the DVD and rent it/buy it cheap. Then again it depends on how alike you are to your friends, if you usually enjoy the same movies, then go and see it. Worst-case scenario you're out $10

prink34320 posted: »

I'm conflicted one whether I should watch it... Reasons to watch it - My friends that have seen it tell me it's actually really good and

• There was way too much crammed into this movie, the editing was all over the place, there was no focus in the story, character motives were questionable at times, Lex Luthor didn't work. So those are the biggest minuses for me. The positives are that Ben Affleck nailed it as Batman, the movie is visually beautiful, it had some good and entertaining moments and great action.

Overall I'd rate it 6.5/10

• edited March 2016

I thought that was one of the worst scenes.

I just saw this movie. And I have to say, this movie have issues. Lots of issues. Normally, I would ignore these issues if the story and cha

• edited March 2016

Batman V Superman is the first film, in my entire life as a human being, I wanted to walk out on in the theater . This movie is a boring, nonsensical, unlikeable, dower, and miserable movie for me.

There's no real story here other than action set pieces along with fan service and long horribly written scenes that don't connect well at all with each other.

• I was pretty close to walk out as well, especially when it took so long that I almost didn't have time to have something to eat with my friend.

J-Master posted: »

Batman V Superman is the first film, in my entire life as a human being, I wanted to walk out on in the theater . This movie is a boring, no

• I enjoyed it. Going to go see it again tomorrow.

• edited March 2016

I just saw the film, and I think it was okay. I wasn't exactly fond of the fact that violence was the main thing in the movie. Personally, I like to have a movie where the main course is the story, with violence being a side dish.

Unfortunately, this movie seem to be all about violence, with the story as a side note. So from that perspective, I can understand why this movie is not doing so well.

• Ben Affleck seems so bland and boring. I miss Christian Bale, he gave a charming, charismatic touch to Bruce Wayne. Anyway it's more of a Superman movie and Batman has little screen time also I feel Wonder woman was thrown in last minute to give feminists something to be pleased about.

• A good movie plagued by some very bad editing choices. I still thoroughly enjoyed it but can certainly understand the complaints. Afleck was great, Gadot was better than expected, Cavill is a bit flat at times but I know that's the direction they're going with this Superman, and Eisenberg was annoying at first but grew on me as the film went along. I've gone to see it twice and am now waiting on that extended version. Hopefully that takes care of certain problems that I did have with the movie.

• I guess I am just a fan of the Flash and I thought it was cool to see him using his speed. I am actually interested to see how Erza Miller portray the Flash.

J-Master posted: »

I thought that was one of the worst scenes.

• Saw this movie with some friends who somehow missed the heavily spoiler-ridden trailers but even still, we all came out of the theater saying, wtf? I felt there was some real hope for building the DC universe of movies after Man of Steel but this movie shattered all of that. There wasn't one thing I could say was good about the movie; bad editing, poor choice of how to start it, and the action and a few outstanding characters (Luther) were awful. This movie desperately needed to go back to square one and rethink what it wanted to do with itself.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited March 2016

Well to me, it was both. A good and bad film. Sadly it was more bad. I'll make a quick rundown of the pros and cons of it for me.

PROS

• Ben Affleck was spot-on as Bruce Wayne/Batman. I love this new Dark Knight, finally got one that's been at it awhile now.
    • Henry Cavill was still great as Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman. Even if they did make Clark a bit more bleak in this one.
    • Wonder Woman was surprisingly good for the screentime she had, I was a big no-go on Gal Gadot playing her initially but I think she was actually great.
    • Alfred was just pure brilliant, by far my favourite character in the film.
    • Even though Doomsday was poorly implemented, the fight against him was fantastic.
    • Pretty much all of the final act of this film was great.

CONS

• Okay, this will be the longest one, Lex Luthor is one of my favourite villians in comics. And Jesse Eisenberg was such a terrible casting I almost left the cinema with how horrible he was. He wasn't playing Lex, he was more like the Joker than Lex for that matter and he was just pathetically bad. I can't believe I almost left when he was on-screen, I was cringing so hard.
    • One con for Jesse is not enough, he's getting another.
    • This movie is FAR TOO LONG. Seriously, the movie starts of great the first 20 minutes, but it gets incredibly boring for 90 or so minutes. Plus, so many story threads were stupidly unnecessary. It was almost as if they WANTED this movie to be stupidly long for the sake of just being long. Half of it could've been cut.
    • The actual Batman vs. Superman fight wasn't that great at all really, was disappointed by it.
    • I know DC want to be all dark in contrast to the lighter tone Marvel does but man, this movie is too dark. Almost depressing for that matter.
    • Doomsday was in this movie, they already wasted so much potential shoving him in just the second movie. It's almost as if DC are desperate to catch up with Marvel.
    • Marvel does too actually (more subtle however) but shoving in OTHER Justice League characters the way they did was just flat-out advertising in a movie that we're already paying for.
    • The editing is all over the place at times, it wasn't as bad as Man of Steel's was but still pretty bad.

I'll give the the movie a 5/10. It should be so much more than this, I really hope Snyder finally steps down as director. That's what I want most of all now actually. Superman and Batman both deserve a better film than this, especially when BOTH of their names are in the title.

• Wonder Woman was thrown in because WB and DC wanted to speedup the formation of the Justice League in the DC universe so they can be caught up to the Marvel Avengers movies. That's why the movie had all those super hero cameos (Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg) and all those references to Darksied (Omega symbol, the Parademons, and Flash warning Bruce Wayne).

Clemenem posted: »

Ben Affleck seems so bland and boring. I miss Christian Bale, he gave a charming, charismatic touch to Bruce Wayne. Anyway it's more of a Su

• I feel like probably all criticism has being already expressed in here.

But yeah, bad edited, convoluted, to many plot lines, bad developed characters, no-sense dream sequences to try and stablish some form of cinematic universe... A bad constructed movie I think is the biggest and worst flaw a movie can have, because then it all falls down, and because of that, I think that Catwoman and Fant4tastic are the only superhero movies that are worst than this. Daredevil 2003, the 2 Ghost Rider movies, Elektra, Superman Returns...all of those movies were bad, but it least they told a story from begging to end.

I´m giving DC one more chance, if Suicide Squad is not acceptable I won´t go to the cinema for more DC movies of this new bach.

• edited April 2016

I liked this one. I'll admit, I didn't expect much from it(even though I was expecting it to be good) I though Ben Affleck is the best Batman in the big screen so far. He was great. I liked Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor too. One thing I didn't like was the ending and I though the movie was a little too long. I hope they tie everything together with the upcoming sequels/prequels.

I rate it 8.5/10

• Pretty awesome. Like a lot of comics United with some original adaptacions.

• edited April 2016

Pros:

Ben Affleck perfectly captured his role as batman, same with Henry Cavill and Superman

The ending was really emotional, especially for a person who grew up with superman.

Alfreds actor was perfect, possible my favorite character in the film

The intro was very emotional with Batmans parents.

Cons

Possibly the worst con was Lex Luthor. He was AWFUL in this movie. They made him into some funny comedy lord instead of the evil bald guy. I'm guessing Lex's actor thought he was playing the joker and fucked up his lines.

The title is a lie. Seriously. They fight for about 5 minutes then they team up.

Doomsday didn't kill superman in the comic, I wish they stuck to that

The fighting scenes were decent, they were a lot better in Man of Steel

Superman could have killed Lex right away.

Superman's mom was a plot device in this movie

Overall Score: 4/10

Not a movie I would want to see again.

• Ugh, I can't agree more with Lex Luthor's actor. It made me puke how cringey he was

Sign in to comment in this discussion.