Will the Joker steal the show?

We all know that when there is a Batman game, there is the Joker.

What makes Batman so interesting to many is his dynamic with the Joker.

Heck, even in Arkham Knight where the Joker was dead was like the most presentful Joker yet in that series.

He even gets a relatively big roles in the shows that has no Batman at times.

So, if we don't see the Joker I would be extremely surprised. There has been no writer yet who has really managed to pull it off major way as many of the so called rogues are rather weak opponents to Batman. Nearly only other character that somewhat actively tries to hunt Bruce Wayne as Batman is the Riddler. Characters like the Penguin just try to run their business and deal with the Batman if he appears. Also the Joker sells.

Comments

• I really hope they don't have Joker, he's (as you said) always used. I would love to see a character Like Deathstroke, Raas, or The Riddler as the main antagonist.

• I love the joker

Will Jesse Eisenberg voice him?

jk

• Either the Joker shouldn't be in, or if he is, he shouldn't be the main villain. Consider doing a Hannibal Lector thing and have him just be intimidating with his words than anything else whilst he's locked up in Arkham. Though if they did it the latter way having an opening where you capture him would be cool. Just don't have the whole darn game be about him, stick with Hush or the Court of Owls.

• Exactly. I really hope we see the Riddler, he is the kind of character that will throw puzzles in Batman's way, and that would work perfect with a Telltale game

AdamGoodtme posted: »

I really hope they don't have Joker, he's (as you said) always used. I would love to see a character Like Deathstroke, Raas, or The Riddler as the main antagonist.

• edited April 2016

As much as i love the joker, i don't want him to be in the game or at least not be the center of attention for once

• I think so. Joker is a criminal. Has to steal something from time to time.

• Everyones saying that if the joker is in the game they want him to be a side character, but how the hell do you make the joker a side character? If he does something he does it big. Either he's the main villain or he's not present at all imo.

• Mistah j always steals the show, hell he's the only reason I have time for batman anymore. I would like to see more obscure villains maybe someone few people are aware of.

• I wouldn't like him as the main villain. Maybe have him appear in the opening of the game as we (Batman) catch him and put him away... Again... and then transition to main plot.

• If he's in it, I'm sure he will. Hell, Joker's my favorite villain and I kind of don't want him to be in the batman telltale game. I'm afraid that I'll get bored of him if he keeps being used in every damn game. He was my favorite part of all the Arkham Games but I felt like rocksteady was milking him out when I saw him in Arkham Knight.

• Adam Harrington for joker anyone?

• I think it will be hard to beat what Scott Snyder has done with Joker in his totalt 51 issue run, (and sounds like his allstar batman run with two face will be just as gamechanging where he's actually a real threat and not just a B list when it comes to threat level eventhough he is one of the mot famous villains) so I think what Telltale should do with this batman game considering that we will probably not see a season 2 if they have plans to make one for 3-4 years. Do a story kinda like Hush where you get to see most of his rouges gallery in one way or another but not have them be the main antagonist. The arkham games has already given us the villan tag teams up against batman so I don't think they should go that route either, but more in a way where he meets them organically and possibly use them kinda like bane and hush used his rouges gallery to tire batman but come up with some type of twist on the story. I'm also really curios to see if they will either adapt stories (not just that certain comic stories has already happened which I guess will be the case where most likely things like Death in the family and killing joke has probably already happened) or create a completely original story as if you where reading a current run. And do they try and create a new villan, and not like Rocksteady where they are excused because they have made the best batman games ever but I knew from the very first second I saw the Arkham Knight that it would be Jason.

• I'm going to go against the grain here and cast my vote for Jeff Bennett. I love how his Joker sounds like a deranged game show host. Seeing this incarnation of the character actually KILLING people would be sick and hilarious in equal measure.

• edited April 2016

tbh he always steals the show. I can see him easily doing it again in this game, if he's in it at all.

• I have been reading some very old comics, thanks to effort DC Comics has put to bring them into digital form.

It's kind of crazy how similar the Joker is to Mark Hamill's Joker even back then. There is no "morals" associated to that character that much either, even though comics back then tended to have a "message" in the end.

I don't mind him stealing the show but I still belief that the rogue gallery overall is quite weak, so we have not that many alternatives to play a big role. Plus Batman is not one of those characters that need a strong villain around him to work well. Kind of like how Sam works well due Max.

• I hope he doesn't. I think his role, if he has one, should be kept minimal. He had his time in the Arkham Games, stealing focus from Strange, Ra's, Two-Face, Black Mask, Scarecrow and the others (even from Harley, his own subordinate). Telltale should focus on the rest of the fantastic cast of villains that they have at their disposal rather than picking the obvious Batman vs Joker storyline.

• I'd rather not have Joker as the villain this time around.

That said he always steals the show in any Batman or DC story as he's the best character they've got (yes, even better than the Bat himself). So, if he's in this, I wouldn't be surprised if he steals the show yet again.

• he da joker wat u think :(

Sign in to comment in this discussion.