The Drift [CHARACTER SUBMISSION OPEN]

edited July 2016 in Forum Games

So here it is, my next addition to the forums. This is like many of the fanfictions here, in that you can submit your character, and make choices based on the parts, yet it is not a fanfiction. Everything that happens within the confines of "The Drift" will be original and new. And you can submit a character below if you want to be along for the ride.

The story will take the format of a TV show, with 16 Episodes in a season. The first season will premiere soon, and when it is up and running, there will be set release dates for each part. An episode will consist of around five parts with choices in between, and after it "airs" on Fridays, there will be a very tight schedule to read each part and vote on it, until the episode ends on Sunday. I'm not sure how well I will be able to keep up the schedule, but I am going to try to space them 2 weeks apart. For those reading my Hunger Games fanfiction, parts of that will still come out regularly during the rest of the month.

I don't want to spoil much of the plot, but I suppose you need to know vague details in order to create a character, so I will explain what you need to know. Every character that will be included in the plotline will be within a intersection in the tiny town in Texas when the "Incident" occurs. On one corner, there is a diner, on another, an auto shop. And on the other two, a small grocery store and a gas station. Why your character is there, that's for you to decide. The link to the character submission can be found below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1G_H-pv_WiTOKqj6gTfv_l8waboh1TaAOQ9Mg3jOG4g8/edit?usp=forms_home&ths=true

Characters introduced: Jonah, Wendy, Maria, Nick, Ruth, Eddie, Syrena, Emilia, Melanie, Alex, Belle, Alyssa, Robin, Lenny, Jared, Andre, Tye, Theo, Blake

Characters waiting to be introduced: Jeremy, Bruno, Zach, Amanda, Max, Rachel, Kody, Ana, Emma, Cletus, Benny, Julie

(Characters dead or presumed dead will be on the first page under a spoiler tag.)

Comments

• edited April 2016

Characters dead or presumed dead:

• I submitted the character called Theo. I'm not sure if I've written too much or too little but I hope you like the sound of him nonetheless.

• This is awesome! I can't wait for it :D I just submitted one character, Alyssa, and I hope you like her. If anything's wrong with her, let me know.

• edited April 2016

I'm going to try to put out the first episode before end of May. I have to write the episode in its entirety before I start to publish it, because once it starts, there's going to be two parts a day until the episode ends, so I won't have much time to write anything but tweaks to the parts based on the choices. I'll put up a trailer for the first season probably next week.

• Ah, another Theo! Great stuff. The amount you wrote was just fine. I've literally written characters from just a name and a one-sentence appearance before.

Shroomii posted: »

I submitted the character called Theo. I'm not sure if I've written too much or too little but I hope you like the sound of him nonetheless.

• Thanks for your submission Liquid! You never cease to amaze me at how many words you can cram into one post.

This is awesome! I can't wait for it I just submitted one character, Alyssa, and I hope you like her. If anything's wrong with her, let me know.

• I submitted a character named Zach. I'm intrigued.

• Ah, yup. I got your submission. Thanks for joining!

zachiscool3 posted: »

I submitted a character named Zach. I'm intrigued.

• Looks interesting, can't wait for the first part!

• Did you submit a character?

Mathea posted: »

Looks interesting, can't wait for the first part!

• Yes, Amanda. Spontaneous character made on spot. If you need more details, pm me :-)

Did you submit a character?

• Ah alrighty. I got her.

Mathea posted: »

Yes, Amanda. Spontaneous character made on spot. If you need more details, pm me :-)

• Hope she is not as flat as i think she appears

Ah alrighty. I got her.

• edited April 2016

Hey guys, don't be afraid to make more than one character. There will be quite a few.

And also, sorry about this guys, but I may have to make adjustments to the characters' ages. So far, the youngest one is 19 and the oldest is 31. It seems a bit too centered around people in their twenties.

• Hey, I just noticed this post. After I submitted two characters in their twenties. Sorry bout that, but, the way I see it, both of mine could be made younger. Or maybe older, I don't know?

Hey guys, don't be afraid to make more than one character. There will be quite a few. And also, sorry about this guys, but I may have to

• That's fine. To me at least, age is just a number. The character itself should remain the same.

mr.quality posted: »

Hey, I just noticed this post. After I submitted two characters in their twenties. Sorry bout that, but, the way I see it, both of mine could be made younger. Or maybe older, I don't know?

• Submitted two characters named Kody & Ana. Can't wait for the show!

• Alright, I got them!

StarKing789 posted: »

Submitted two characters named Kody & Ana. Can't wait for the show!

• I planned on submitting one character and ended up with three ( ._.) oops

I hope you like them!

• I submitted and oldbag.

Damn you, young chaps!

• Were yours Em, Andre and Maria?

I planned on submitting one character and ended up with three ( ._.) oops I hope you like them!

• Was yours Max?

TheLier posted: »

I submitted and oldbag. Damn you, young chaps!

• Hm, I don't know if I would be happy with that. However, I have an idea for a second character that would be a lot older, and I could submit him to balance it out again, if that would be okay.

Hey guys, don't be afraid to make more than one character. There will be quite a few. And also, sorry about this guys, but I may have to

• Yeah- did you like them??

Were yours Em, Andre and Maria?

• Yeah they were great :)

Yeah- did you like them??

• Yeah that would be great

Hm, I don't know if I would be happy with that. However, I have an idea for a second character that would be a lot older, and I could submit him to balance it out again, if that would be okay.

• Thanks- I can't wait to see how the story comes together ^-^

Yeah they were great

• Yup, old man Max.

Was yours Max?

• Double: Sorry for the double, it is pretty generic char. Do whatever you wish with it.

Was yours Max?

• "Fate is not a solution. Destiny is not our endgame."

"Why are we still doing this?" Nick asked. Jonah could sense a hint of anger in his voice. It was anything but earned. He dropped his gloves on the ground and dusted off his hands. "Why do we come out here day after day and subject ourselves to this? It's useless."

Aly spotted the man across the wide street and ran over to him to greet him with her hug. It was a moment before he processed the situation and wrapped his arms back around her. The hug had never happened before, and she didn't even see it coming herself, but with everything going on around them, she couldn't help but feel the need for embraced. "I missed you." She whispered in his ear.

"I know..." He replied.

"You know what, Nick? I'm tired of this mentality of yours." Jonah threw his own gloves to the ground afterward. "We've got kids back there... Families... They need us here. You don't want to be here? Get in line!"

"What do they possibly need us to do?" Nick shot back, pointing his finger angrily back south. "It's easy for you to say. You don't got no one but yourself. I ain't seen my wife in three days, and you're holding me here like a damn inmate. Do the job yourself!"

"The future cannot be changed, but it can be decided."

The baby's skin was soft, like silk. He had never held something as valuable in his life. He hadn't ever been a father before, but he knew he would do right by the child. He owed it to the little boy to give him everything he could ever want. He was not the father of this child, but no one in the whole world was going to tell him the boy was not his son.

"This is more than just us, okay?" Jonah ranted at him. They stood there in the middle of the oaken forest and his their screams could have brought them out, but he didn't care. The world didn't. "Pry your head out of your ass for just a damn minute."

"Now, you hold on-"

"No, you. If you're going to be asking questions to which you already know the answer, then I better hammer them in for you. You think this world ever made any sense? It sure as shit doesn't for me."

"Fate is not our enemy, yet that does not mean it can be forgiven."

"I'm thinking of the others." Nick tried to interject. "We're no use to them out here."

"If that's what you think, you better take a good look around here. This is all for us. If you want to lay down your shovel, fine. Are you prepared for what happens next?"

"Damn right I am. Nothing's going to happen."

Jonah shook his head. "Are you prepared for what might happen to them?"

Then, before she could finish her thought, a loud sound issued from outside the diner. It was like nothing she'd ever heard before. It was deafening, yet very subtle at the same time. Aly peeked her head above the glass in the direction the sound came from, and found a crashed blue pickup truck in the center of the intersection, folded into itself and driven into the concrete. There were no other cars around... Only the one that had seemingly collided with nothing.

And that was not the sound of a car crash... She knew first hand.

"Fate is a fiery demon, waiting to be let of its leash and tear you limb from limb. Don't give it the satisfaction."

"Why are we still here in a godforsaken world that clearly ain't ever gonna want us here?" Jonah tossed the shovel in his weathered hands into the dirt beneath him.

"Because we have to be."

THE DRIFT

Coming soon

• Nice, can't wait to read the first part.

"Fate is not a solution. Destiny is not our endgame." "Why are we still doing this?" Nick asked. Jonah could sense a hint of anger in h

• edited April 2016

enter image description here

"Fate is not a solution. Destiny is not our endgame." "Why are we still doing this?" Nick asked. Jonah could sense a hint of anger in h

• Awesome! This is going to be good!!!

• Hello followers! Today I'm announcing that the first episode in Season 1, entitled "The Ring: Part 1" will be airing this coming Friday at 6:00 p.m. PST. Be there or be square. Due to the close-knit nature of the parts in this series, it might be difficult to read each part on time, so I'm offering a "subscription" which basically means I tag your name in each part as a reminder. Let me know if you would like me to do so.

• Add me to that list.

Looking forward to it.

JUST DO IT

Hello followers! Today I'm announcing that the first episode in Season 1, entitled "The Ring: Part 1" will be airing this coming Friday at 6

• Sign me up ;)

Looking forward to this!!

Hello followers! Today I'm announcing that the first episode in Season 1, entitled "The Ring: Part 1" will be airing this coming Friday at 6

• Alright I will!

TheLier posted: »

Add me to that list. Looking forward to it. JUST DO IT

• Gosh!

Alright I will!

• Well, I will be sleeping at this time, but will of course read with pleasure in the morning :-)

• edited May 2016

Yes please, I'd like to be tagged as well, that would help a lot! I'm greatly hyped for this story :)

By the way, I just remembered that I intended to submit an older character to balance the age out a bit after I originally submitted a young character. Apologies, I totally forgot to submit him. Do you still have use for him? If yes, then I'd try my best to submit him until Friday.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.