Episode downloaded, but not installed....

Ok, so I had to reinstall Tales from the Borderlands after installing Windows 10. When I fire up the game and click on the episodes button from the menu, I get a popup on the episodes screen telling me about a new episode available and that if I accept it I will be taken back to the main menu. This does indeed happen, but then nothing else happens. It just sits there and if I click on the episodes button again I get the same message. Now I can jump on the merry-go-round back to the title screen but as stated, nothing happens. If I click cancel rather than going back to the title, it displays the episodes as "Downloaded, but not installed". If I click on any of them I get the popup again with accept taking me back to the main screen or cancel dumping me back to the episode screen. I'm not really sure what to do here, episode 1 is there and playable, but I cant seem to get any of the others to work.

Comments

• Are you running steam? If so, try deleting the local content for Tales, then re-install.

Transitioning into Windows 10 does stuff like this. :(

• Thanks for the idea, but no, I got it from Telltale direct, not from Steam. Though I'm honestly beginning to wish I HAD gotten it through Steam, fixing my Steam stuff was as easy as directing it to where the games where on my external HDD

Are you running steam? If so, try deleting the local content for Tales, then re-install. Transitioning into Windows 10 does stuff like this.

• Ah, I'm afraid I can't help you then beyond suggesting that you uninstall them then reinstall.

Mandrake42 posted: »

Thanks for the idea, but no, I got it from Telltale direct, not from Steam. Though I'm honestly beginning to wish I HAD gotten it through Steam, fixing my Steam stuff was as easy as directing it to where the games where on my external HDD

• Yeah, just doing that now. I had imported my user files from the old install of Windows 7 into Windows 10. Tried deleting those and just starting everything clean. It means Ill need to start the game again, but I was going to do that anyway. If it works Ill post here in case anyone else has this problem.

Ah, I'm afraid I can't help you then beyond suggesting that you uninstall them then reinstall.

• Ok, deleting the user files and reinstalling fixed it, all the eps are downloading one at time now. I guess whatever was stored in with the save and config files was screwing things up as getting rid of them seemed to do the trick.

• That's windows 10 for you

Mandrake42 posted: »

Ok, deleting the user files and reinstalling fixed it, all the eps are downloading one at time now. I guess whatever was stored in with the save and config files was screwing things up as getting rid of them seemed to do the trick.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.