enter image description here

Tacit - Chapter 1:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11948080/1/Tacit

Characters: Clementine, Luke, Pete [others]

Genres: Friendship/Angst

Rating: T

Details: Thirteen years changed them both. The old world fell apart and never was it restored. Their old lives were long gone, and so were the people they used to be. Survive and get by for another day, it's all they did now. Walkers weren't so much the problem, the living were. It was foolish to be so trusting, for even the most generous of people still had skeletons in their closets.

An A/U [alternate universe] set thirteen years after the events of Season 1, where the figures on the hill were to be Pete and Luke who found Clementine that day outside Savannah. Chapter by chapter, the past gets pieced together revealing how these characters became who they are, with the future becoming more uncertain.

Themes: The Road OST - The Road [ ]

I've been working on this story for a very long time. I wanted to have a go at writing something different, something I hadn't seen many authors attempt. I got inspiration from a lot of things [even a few episodes from the TV show itself] and the more I thought of the concept, the more I was sure I could pull it off.

Fans have always drawn art of Clementine grown up, but what would she really be like? This was something I really wanted to take into account when aiming for a more serious approach than I've written before, and to portray Clementine as accurately as possible to how she may be as an adult who'd gone through the wars of surviving in a ZA for so long. One other thing I also realized I wanted to do, was that I wanted to bring in the theme of a conflict from Season 2 that never saw itself through to the end with, and have an outlet for characters I was unable to write larger roles for in my other stories. The character perspectives will be switching between the two leads every chapter as well, so you can guess who'll be taking over in Chapter 2.

A special thanks to the Sialark and Keepmoving who helped beta for me, and to BembiAnn for allowing me permission to use her artwork for this story.

This'll make sense soon enough.

Comments

• enter image description here

The Walking Dead - Tacit

Chapter 2:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11948080/2/Tacit

Characters: Clementine, Luke, Pete [others]

Genres: Friendship/Angst

Rating: T

Details: Thirteen years changed them both. The old world fell apart and never was it restored. Their old lives were long gone, and so were the people they used to be. Survive and get by for another day, it’s all they did now. Walkers weren’t so much the problem, the living were. It was foolish to be so trusting, for even the most generous of people still had skeletons in their closets.

Themes: Sparrow & You Are a Memory - Message To Bears

Sign in to comment in this discussion.