What if I've never played any of the Borderlands games before?

I'm a new fan of Telltale games, having recently played TWD seasons 1 and 2, TWAU, and now I'm working on TWD Michonne. I was wondering if it was a good idea to play this game next even if I haven't played a any of the Borderlands games before. Will I be lost?

P.S. I have played Poker Night at the Inventory 2, so I know about Claptrap at least.

Comments

• You can play this game, you do not need to have any previous Borderlands knowledge in order to play it. You'll miss a couple little easter eggs or references to the main games, but that's it, you'll still be able to enjoy the main story of the game. Please get this game, I cannot stress it enough, it is Telltale's best game.

• Alright, I'm convinced. I'll buy/download/rent/borrow/steal this game as soon as I can. Thanks for the recommendation!

You can play this game, you do not need to have any previous Borderlands knowledge in order to play it. You'll miss a couple little easter e

• Yeah, what Metallica says. I'd never played any Borderlands before and I loved this game. It's a good introduction to the series.

Alright, I'm convinced. I'll buy/download/rent/borrow/steal this game as soon as I can. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Don't worry, you'll be fine. The first two minutes of the game will explain the premise of the universe, but beyond that, you don't need to know the story of the other games to enjoy this one. You'll encounter some character cameos from other games, but the story otherwise focuses on new characters/events/etc. Telltale designs most of their games to be accessible and friendly to newcomers of the source material (with a few exceptions like Game of Thrones).

• Even for me, as someone who knows very little about Game of Thrones and is not a fan of the TV series, it wasn't hard for me to get into the Telltale game. I was able to follow along with what was going on and enjoyed the game.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. The first two minutes of the game will explain the premise of the universe, but beyond that, you don't need to

• That was also the case for me, but Telltale said that they mainly catered the story towards older fans more so than they do for their other titles.

Even for me, as someone who knows very little about Game of Thrones and is not a fan of the TV series, it wasn't hard for me to get into the Telltale game. I was able to follow along with what was going on and enjoyed the game.

• this is similar to what i had with TWD i had never watched the tv series or read the comics before but it wasnt hard to get into the game now im on series 4 of the tv series as well

Even for me, as someone who knows very little about Game of Thrones and is not a fan of the TV series, it wasn't hard for me to get into the Telltale game. I was able to follow along with what was going on and enjoyed the game.

• You don't need to like or even know what borderlands is to enjoy the game.its a well written game that really anyone can have fun playing.

• You will not be lost, do not worry. I did not play the other Borderlands games and I did not get lost, we only miss some easter eggs, we can even still tell who the big characters from the main games are.

• like others have said you don't need to play the borderlands games to enjoy this. yes it is a sequel to two but like with walking dead it is a self contained original story with easter eggs and cameos thrown in for fans.

• It is not a sequel to borderlands 2, it is a spin off, borderlands 3 is the sequel to 2.

megamike15 posted: »

like others have said you don't need to play the borderlands games to enjoy this. yes it is a sequel to two but like with walking dead it is a self contained original story with easter eggs and cameos thrown in for fans.

• edited June 2016

what i should have said is it takes place after borderlands 2 but whatever.

It is not a sequel to borderlands 2, it is a spin off, borderlands 3 is the sequel to 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.