Batman Arkham Asylum and City Remastered. Batman: Return to Akrham

So guys, it has been confirmed that Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City will get remastered for PS4 and Xbox One. Sadly, Arkham Origins is not included in the collection. Someone tell me why though? Excited about it? Who is going to play them before Telltale's Batman? I do.

enter link description here

Comments

• I'm not really excited about it. I already have Arkham Asylum and City on PS3. I'm more of an old-fashioned console kinda guy.

• Good for you. My PS3 got too old to work perfectly for my games. Gladly they remastered Asylum and City so I can play them before Telltale's Batman.

I'm not really excited about it. I already have Arkham Asylum and City on PS3. I'm more of an old-fashioned console kinda guy.

• R.I.P. Your PS3

AronDracula posted: »

Good for you. My PS3 got too old to work perfectly for my games. Gladly they remastered Asylum and City so I can play them before Telltale's Batman.

• I dont think those games have anything to do with telltales Batman besides beeing about Batman. But if they get a price drop on PS4 I may buy em.

• They don't. But I will play them because I wanna know more things about Batman before playing Batman TTG. I just finished Arkham Knight 2 months ago.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I dont think those games have anything to do with telltales Batman besides beeing about Batman. But if they get a price drop on PS4 I may buy em.

• I wanna know more things about Batman before playing Batman TTG.

If you get some time, watch Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises. Those movies are awesome.

They don't. But I will play them because I wanna know more things about Batman before playing Batman TTG. I just finished Arkham Knight 2 months ago.

• Probably when I finish my school.

I wanna know more things about Batman before playing Batman TTG. If you get some time, watch Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises. Those movies are awesome.

• A'ight.

Probably when I finish my school.

• Probably didn't include Arkham Origins because it was a different studio that developed it. Kinda like Borderlands: TPS was developed in Australia.

• I heard that it is not canon to the official Arkham story. True?

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Probably didn't include Arkham Origins because it was a different studio that developed it. Kinda like Borderlands: TPS was developed in Australia.

• My feelings were crushed when I found out it was just a remaster instead of a new game.

• This is a waste of time if rocksteady is going to do anything they need to make another game after Arkham Knight

• I believe it is. For example in Arkham Knight Batman mentions his encounter with Firefly on the bridge from Origins.

I heard that it is not canon to the official Arkham story. True?

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

It's a shame Arkham Origins wasn't included, I never played the DLC for it (Cold, Cold Heart). I probably would've gotten it if it was on it actually! Already played Asylum and City to death so I probably won't be getting this, wonder why they're all of the sudden doing it now though? Releasing it before Arkham Knight would've made more sense for people to catch up on the story for it. The Nathan Drake and Master Chief Collections done the same thing releasing before Uncharted 4 and Halo 5. Feel like this "Return to Arkham" should've come out over a year ago.

• I'll think about getting it when it hits the bargin bin. Not worth the price without Origins. No reason they couldn't of had it included.

• I noticed the release date is late July, maybe Telltale will release episode 1 of Batman around the same time to attract people to their story.

• And do all of those riddler trophies again, no thanks XD

Why do games get remastered so much they were only last gen

• edited May 2016

I won't be buying it because I don't own either console to do so and I have already played them not that long ago as it is. What is the point in remastering them one generation above - it will be the exact same generation of people buying this remaster who already own the entire Arkham series...

Should have gave it at least another generation since as the video indicates they are indeed "the greatest superhero games of all time".

Could it be that Rocksteady are attempting to atone for the Arkham Knight debacle by giving us this remaster just slightly over a year after Arkham Knight launched? Who cares I have enjoyed the Arkham series thoroughly but it's over in my eyes so I'm now just waiting for the Telltale Batman game.

• Even though they explicitly stated that arkham knight is the last one in the series?

My feelings were crushed when I found out it was just a remaster instead of a new game.

• And *SPOILERS FOR GOT SEASON 6 * Kit Harrington said Jon snow was dead. But it turned out to be bullshit.

Even though they explicitly stated that arkham knight is the last one in the series?

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

I loved Arkham Asylum, and haven't played it since it first came out. Looking forward to revisiting it on PS4 (favorite controller ever). : )

• Your point being?... Did Kit Harrington make the arkham games?

• But Jon was dead. He just happened to be resurrected. :P

• edited May 2016

My point being that people are as always truthful.

Your point being?... Did Kit Harrington make the arkham games?

• Yes, but Kit said Jon wasn't coming back and that turned out be false.

Pipas posted: »

But Jon was dead. He just happened to be resurrected. :P

• Can you give me a reason why they would lie that it's the final game? Because comparing these scenarios makes no sense at all. Also are you going to spoiler tag every comment you make? It makes conversations a lot harder.

• Well Batman AK ended on a huge cliffhanger, that could have made way to a new sequel.

Can you give me a reason why they would lie that it's the final game? Because comparing these scenarios makes no sense at all. Also are you going to spoiler tag every comment you make? It makes conversations a lot harder.

• You're overblowing it, it was a reference to the movies. Lots of series end on cliffhangers i.e. TWAU, TFTB.

Well Batman AK ended on a huge cliffhanger, that could have made way to a new sequel.

• I already played em and loved it. I don't feel the need to replay them.

• Nope. I've got both games on my pc and I'm happy with it.

• Does not make sense to me unless there was new content never accessed before.

• The thumbail looks convincing.

• Did you see the video?

The thumbail looks convincing.

• Looks great, I might get, but probably when it's on sale.

Man, seeing Asylum's cutscenes again brings back when I first saw the game, I thought it wasn't gonna be good because Bat's track record in video games, but then I went to Gamestop in a mall with my family and played the demo. I was astonished, I couldn't get my hands off the controller, I was there for about 10 minutes before I left, just playing that same beginning fight over and over again. Good memories.

• A little bit.

Did you see the video?

• It looks fucking worse.

• What version looks worse? 3 or 4?

papai46 posted: »

It looks fucking worse.

• ps4 version.

What version looks worse? 3 or 4?

• Same.

papai46 posted: »

ps4 version.