Canon changes to the Borderlands Universe*Spoilers*

In Tales we made a great many decisions, some big some minor and others that forever changed the face of Pandora.
If and when a new Borderlands comes out what will the impact be of the choices we made.
Major events that happened no matter what we did.

• Rhys and Fiona entered the Vault of the Traveler and disappeared,
  • Helios space station was destroyed and the surviving Hyperion employees formed a new tribe of bandits, the Children of Helios led by Vaughn.
  • Scooter is dead
  • Athena was captured by Brick and Mordicei to be interrogated by Lilith-The Pre Sequel.

Any others that might affect any future Borderlands games?

Comments

• If and when a new Borderlands comes out

Gearbox confirmed a few weeks ago that Borderlands 3 would be their next game once they are completely done with Battleborn, and that it will be written by Mikey Neumann (the VA of Scooter).

As for changes we might see in BL3, we may have the return of Atlas weapons, as Rhys did restart Atlas, and along with that, the almost certain disappearance of Hyperion weapons now that Helios, and most likely all of Hyperion, is gone. I assume the Catch a Ride's will be taken over by Janey Springs now that Scooter is gone, that was sort of confirmed in Tales. Although, Neumann talked about the idea of creating Scooper, who will be Scooter's son, but we don't know if they will go forward with that idea. News of a 4th Vault opening could have some effects on stuff in Borderlands 3. I can imagine places like the crashed Helios and maybe even Hollow Point being places to go in Borderlands 3, possibly have characters like Vaughn, Loader Bot, Sasha, etc. make cameo appearances and give out missions (or if you're like me, pray to God or the Almighty Robot Policeman, which ever one will listen, that Gearbox makes Sasha a playable Vault Hunter in Borderlands 3).

• Well Helios being gone and Scooter dying are obviously going to be the big ones for the next game.

Hopefully if they do try to implicate some Tales characters, they wont be very big, and maybe just side quest givers, maybe some hints about Rhys and Fiona. This is mostly because I feel like Telltale should handle those characters the most, and they might have to make choices cannon, which would defeat the point of Tales being cannon based on your play through, for example, you meet August in the purple skag and he talks about how he helped take down he Traveler when the vault was opened.

• Could it be possible to have our choices in TFTBL somehow be incorporated into BL3, because if they can, that would be amazing. Obviously with TWD, our choices from Season 1 carried over into Season 2, I'm curious if the same could work for Tales and BL3, even though they are made by two different companies. And for those that didn't play Tales, they could just randomize the choices. I feel like it could work.

As for the character appearances, you could easily have a couple of the writers from Telltale help write some bits and pieces of BL3 just so they can make sure Gearbox gets the characters right. Gearbox did the same when 2K Australia was making The Pre Sequel, they lent some writers like Anthony Burch to help them in writing it, Telltale could easily do the same. And speaking of Anthony Burch, he did write some big scenes involving both Rhys and Fiona, and he wasn't a Telltale writer.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well Helios being gone and Scooter dying are obviously going to be the big ones for the next game. Hopefully if they do try to implicate

• Yeah, I figure if Gearbox and the main Borderlands staff/writers really want the story to flow with Tales, they could always add a "Did you play Tales from the Borderlands? Please answer what choice you made here!"

Could it be possible to have our choices in TFTBL somehow be incorporated into BL3, because if they can, that would be amazing. Obviously wi

• I really don't see that happening, gearbox isn't bioware. Can you really think of any choices in TFTB that should affect BL3 anyway? I can't, all were impulsive choices that didn't change the world itself.

Could it be possible to have our choices in TFTBL somehow be incorporated into BL3, because if they can, that would be amazing. Obviously wi

• If you meet up with Moxxi and/or Ellie, they could talk about Scooter and the satellite if you decided to honor him.

If Janey and Athena are in the game, they could either be married or not.

If Zer0 is in the game, or pretty much any character you recruited for your Vault team, they could talk about taking down the Traveler and opening the Vault.

I'm not saying they have to be impactful choices and have a huge impact on the story, but to avoid any issues of making a certain choice canon, like what Poogers is worried about, why not just have them carry over, even if they don't mean that much.

I really don't see that happening, gearbox isn't bioware. Can you really think of any choices in TFTB that should affect BL3 anyway? I can't, all were impulsive choices that didn't change the world itself.

• It would be nice but I really don't see gearbox making the miniscule choices you provided carry over.

If you meet up with Moxxi and/or Ellie, they could talk about Scooter and the satellite if you decided to honor him.

It shouldn't even matter if you honored him, you should be able to talk to them about Scooter no matter what.

If Janey and Athena are in the game, they could either be married or not.

Gearbox will probably just make their marriage canon.

If Zer0 is in the game, or pretty much any character you recruited for your Vault team, they could talk about taking down the Traveler and opening the Vault.

I definitely see gearbox just making them all the canon team and letting you talk to all of them about the traveler vault.

If you meet up with Moxxi and/or Ellie, they could talk about Scooter and the satellite if you decided to honor him. If Janey and Athena

• Anyone else tired of Pandora?

We've been on the same planet for 2 games, and though I really like how different the planet was from borderlands to borderlands 2... We've already found 3 vaults in Pandora (if you include Tales).

Maybe it's time to go big or go home. We need more in the game for BL3. We need at least 2-3 planets that we have to travel from. We need 6 characters from the get go. I mean like they said in TPS, a war is coming. It's time to prepare.

• Yeah, well I think with the ending BL2 where it shows a map of other vaults on other planets so I imagine they'll be tons of new planets.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Anyone else tired of Pandora? We've been on the same planet for 2 games, and though I really like how different the planet was from borde

• Well.. Bossanova's dead so...

• It would be pretty cool if they did bring the choices over but I agree about that they probably wouldn't carry over the choices from tales

It would be nice but I really don't see gearbox making the miniscule choices you provided carry over. If you meet up with Moxxi and/or

• Bossanova had the best entry in borderlands

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Well.. Bossanova's dead so...

• Ain't no rest for the Wicked

Except Roland

kaza125 posted: »

Yeah, well I think with the ending BL2 where it shows a map of other vaults on other planets so I imagine they'll be tons of new planets.

• Tector Hodunk was alive but he was a determinant in a mission to kill him or the the Zafords. So i'm guessing misc side quests aren't story canon

Sign in to comment in this discussion.