Troy Baker as batman so should he play the joker if in the game.

I just read a comment on one of the discussions and it got me going. It's well know Tory Baker is a legend of impressions/voice acting. The man has played both Batman and the Joker in different things all done very well .But never has he had to do both characters at the same time in one series. Now we have no idea if the joker will even be in this series but if he is should they have him just do both roles it would save them money and time as they know he can do both. My opinion, absolute not. and it has nothing to do with Baker performance the man is amazing and he could probably pull it off but come on it's batman and joker no one series should have the same man play both period you take away the magic of two people playing off of one another in what is known as one of the greatest rivalries in media, sure Baker can make both roles sound completely different but deep down you will know its just the same man doing different voices you need that chemistry that can only come with two actors playing at each others strengths. But i am curious to here what the rest of you think does it not matter as wee know he can voice both real well or is better with two?

Comments

• Pretty sure Joker has nothing to do with this series. The info we have so far is leading me to that conclusion.

• I love Troy Baker, but I am genuinely sick of hearing his voice come out of everybody's face. I can always tell its him. Divide his work alone amongst ALL the rest of the world's voice actors and everyone will be employed forever.

• As far as we know this is Telltale's own take on Batman, it has nothing to do with the comics, films etc. so whilst none of us know if the Joker will show up, I doubt it.

• If Joker does appear I dont think it will be Troy Baker, it be weird to have the same voice actor for Batman and Joker, also many people weren't super found of his Joker, alot of the times you can hear Troy through Joker.

• I'm my personal opinion, John Dimaggio should voice the Joker. Here's proof!
    enter link description here

• I actually would like someone new to play The Joker who's never played him before, Nolan North was one person I was thinking would likely be able to do a great Joker, the guy's got brilliant range and might do a fresh take on the Joker voice like John DiMaggio did in contrast of just trying to do a Mark Hamill impression.

• edited June 2016

That actually sound rather awesome. We finally get Tory Baker vs Noaln North and in the most iconic rivalry in comics. I know there good friends but lets be fair know one cares about that lest see them throw down. Plus we know they have relay good chemistry working together.

CathalOHara posted: »

I actually would like someone new to play The Joker who's never played him before, Nolan North was one person I was thinking would likely be

• The concept has been done before. Bigby Wolf and The Woodsman had the same voice actor in The Wolf Among Us and it worked well.

Poogers555 posted: »

If Joker does appear I dont think it will be Troy Baker, it be weird to have the same voice actor for Batman and Joker, also many people weren't super found of his Joker, alot of the times you can hear Troy through Joker.

• I can totally understand what you mean. Well, I agree when you say that Baker could do both just fine, and to be honest I would love to see that. So you can call it a fetish of mine, if you want, but to me it would be even more interesting to see one person playing both, since Batman and Joker are opposite sides of the same coin. This would be amazing, as Troy could perform them both exceptionally. I understand the importance of another person here, but one person playing both explores this unique and incredible conception about these characters.

• To add to what @Piggs said, it is pretty common in animation for one voice actor to voice multiple characters for example Dan Castellaneta voices Homer, Grampa, Barney Gumble, Krusty the Clown, Groundskeeper Willie, Mayor Quimby, Hans Moleman, Sideshow Mel, Itchy, Kodos, the Squeaky Voiced Teen and Gil Gunderson. Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer also voice many characters.

Poogers555 posted: »

If Joker does appear I dont think it will be Troy Baker, it be weird to have the same voice actor for Batman and Joker, also many people weren't super found of his Joker, alot of the times you can hear Troy through Joker.

• I am well aware the idea of playing multiple parts in a show or game is nothing new. Baker him self has played multiple roles in a project before and that's fine but i am asking if you think its a wise idea for them to do that for the role of batman and joker.

alexgo posted: »

To add to what @Piggs said, it is pretty common in animation for one voice actor to voice multiple characters for example Dan Castellaneta v

• O I just got a relay cool idea. What if Roger Craig Smith plays the Joker. The poetic of it all is Roger played batman and Baker joker in Batman Origins now they switched roles. That be relay cool to see.

• I THINKenter image description hereSHOULD PLAY EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER

• edited June 2016

Joker wasn't confirmed.

The only bad guys that have been confirmed are Carmine Falcone and Catwoman (probably). Harvey Dent was confirmed, but not Two-Face.

• I THINKSHOULD PLAY EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER

• THEN YOU ARE CLEARLY WRONG

bigdogg0821 posted: »

• For all we know, Dave Fennoy could be reprising Lucius Fox.

THEN YOU ARE CLEARLY WRONG

• People I know he is not confirmed I was asking IF it were to happen, You all need to start reading the full title and post more clearly before you comment gees.

• Mark Hamill's Joker as Clementine. Creepy, creepy child.

Anyway, if the Joker gets included then their probably rather expensive option would be Mark Hamill.

• edited June 2016

For real? I never look up voice actors for games, so I wouldn't know, but I never figured that out and I played the game three times. Superb voice acting

Piggs posted: »

The concept has been done before. Bigby Wolf and The Woodsman had the same voice actor in The Wolf Among Us and it worked well.

• How the hell did you aquire this picture? xD

I THINKSHOULD PLAY EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER

• I just looked up Dave Fennoy on google images lol

How the hell did you aquire this picture? xD

• edited July 2016

With respect to all others who have played the Joker, Mark Hamill will always be the Joker for me. That said, if he doesn't do it, I'd still really enjoy hearing these other suggestions.

Except not Troy Baker for either Batman or the Joker. He's a fine voice actor, but in most of his roles except for Joel in TLoU, his voice has started to sound kind of the same for me. For instance, watching GameSins' video on Catherine and playing Tales, both his roles in those games sound nearly identical. Maybe he's demonstrated a greater range in games I haven't played or seen, but I'm not sold on his "default" voice as either character. In my humble opinion, Nolan North has a much wider vocal range. Again, not saying Baker is untalented, just oversaturated at the moment.

• I think @Swingpoynt should voice the Joker, because... skip to 3:47, his laugh is so hilarious and sounds a little bit like Joker:

• Troy baker could play every character in the game, and it would turn out awesome. That man has talent.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited July 2016

Troy Baker.....yet again . There are other voice actors Telltale.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.