Batman Need's Co-op!!!!!

strong textFirst and foremost the next batman game must have co-op, not multiplayer. Multiplayer is cool but co-op could would put an accountability on your fellow player/players if it was based on (earlier batman) of course when he had Robin aka nightwing, Catwoman, batgirl along with multiple supporting characters from the DC universe.

This is just an idea that I think should be considered hardly and seriously. Everyone I've talked to was curious why Batman: Arkham Kinghts didn't have co-op with the biggest cast of characters so far as playable's! This is a sign to take batman in the newest direction, as in forwards. Please support my thread and help me, help you!

A few candidates to suggest for supporting cast.

• Deadman
  • Green Arrow
  • Black Canary
  • Wildcat
  • Spector
  • Johna Hex
  • Plasticman
  • BlueBettle
  • Outsiders
  • Huntress
  • Jim Gordan (in the batman armored suit)

Comments

• I don't know how to react but want to post a confused comment regardless.

• If your talking about the Telltale game not going to happen.

• edited June 2016

enter image description here

• If you're looking for a game like the Arkham series, this isn't the right place to be.This is going to be a single-player only game, no multiplayer, no co-op, just story.

• I can already tell you that's not going to happen. You're going to get a single player, story driven, point and click style adventure game, this is not going to be anything like the Arkham series.

• Telltale does single-player story-based games. They do not have multiplayer of any kind, nor co-op, although people sometimes plays in a group or at the same time.

This is also helpful, from Telltale's blog:

Fresh interpretation of the universe set in current times, not tied to any existing iteration of Batman in games, film, or comics. Story will focus on Bruce and Batman, not an examination of the extended 'Bat-family,' (Robin, Nightwing, etc.) Fans can expect certain series staples such as Alfred Pennyworth, Vicki Vale, James Gordon, and Renee Montoya. Telltale is looking to keep the villains more tightly under wraps until closer to the premiere.

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/105073/first-details-on-telltale-s-batman-series-discussed-at-sxsw

• Not Telltale's M.O.

• You seem to be very uninformed.

• Actually, now that I think about it, co-op would be kind of cool in a telltale game. Imagine you team up with someone else, like in the Walking Dead Season 3, one person is Clem and the other is Javier. Then their choices affect your game. I know it's just wishful thinking, but that would be cool. Definitely not like he means here though.

• Do you even Telltale, bruh?

• There's a game that can be played co-op and both players can choose dialogue options when prompted. However it's full fledged RPG game, while Telltale Games do something closer to adventure/visual novel stuff.

• Twitch plays batman

• I love that every time a new Telltale game comes out you always get that one thread begging for Co-op.

How do they honestly think this would work for a narrative point and click adventure game?

You do realize you aren't going to get some open world, free roam, beating bad guys up as you please kind of game right? It's gonna be like every other game of theirs. You will choose a dialog option, maybe see a few cutscenes, wander around an area hub talking to people and solving puzzles and then back to dialog again. Co-op is pointless for it.

• How old is the guy that made this thread 8?

• You must be new. Hi. Welcome to Telltale Games. You're going to be getting a single player, point and click, entirley story-driven game.

• He didn't check back on this thread since he made it.

Rhaeygar posted: »

How old is the guy that made this thread 8?

• Now it's confirmed that Batman's going to have a multiplayer mode.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

GOOD NEWS.

• I wonder how that will work. Will it be online (meaning I have to play with someone else that has to have the game) or offline (meaning I can play with my friend who sits next to me) or both?

Now it's confirmed that Batman's going to have a multiplayer mode. https://twitter.com/Twinfinite/status/757712074726252544

• You need to have access to a PC or Smart Device, and you will visit a custom URL generated by the game for a unique Crowd Play session where you will vote from there. :)

Menofthe214 posted: »

I wonder how that will work. Will it be online (meaning I have to play with someone else that has to have the game) or offline (meaning I can play with my friend who sits next to me) or both?

• Ohhh I see now. Thanks Blind Sniper.

You need to have access to a PC or Smart Device, and you will visit a custom URL generated by the game for a unique Crowd Play session where you will vote from there.

• :P

GOOD NEWS.

• You troll you. ;)

GOOD NEWS.

• How is this going to work? I guess it will be just text with no video..? Even if a streamer does it, there's a small delay so the choices might show up before its streamed. Wouldn't that be confusing?

GOOD NEWS.

• Currently Telltale is not recommending people use it for streaming, but I say a smaller Youtuber or streamer can probably still give it a shot since it can host up to 2000+ players. Here's Telltale's recent blogpost about the feature. https://telltale.com/news/2016/07/introducing-crowd-play/

Tolispro posted: »

How is this going to work? I guess it will be just text with no video..? Even if a streamer does it, there's a small delay so the choices might show up before its streamed. Wouldn't that be confusing?

• edited July 2016

That blog post doesn't really explain his question though. I'm quite interested as well on how it'll work. Will it just be choices with no video? Will the crowd players have no idea what's going on? Or will telltale let up to 2000 people play the game with one man's copy?

Currently Telltale is not recommending people use it for streaming, but I say a smaller Youtuber or streamer can probably still give it a sh

• Well I'm just going to take a wild guess, but I think it will play like the games on you don't know Jack. Where you'll see the choices and you pick one and you wait till the next one appears.

That blog post doesn't really explain his question though. I'm quite interested as well on how it'll work. Will it just be choices with no v

• Wow, that was an unexpected twist.

Now it's confirmed that Batman's going to have a multiplayer mode. https://twitter.com/Twinfinite/status/757712074726252544

• Oh ya lets just do splitscreen and everything!

It plays like the regular game. But when choices come up, everyone using crowd play can vote. There are two modes- either the choice with the most votes is the one the game uses, or, the main player (the one using the controller/ mouse & keyboard) gets to see what everyone voted for, but has the ability to override.

That blog post doesn't really explain his question though. I'm quite interested as well on how it'll work. Will it just be choices with no v

The delay is slightly too long to use well with streaming. You can try, but given the amount of time it takes to read each choice, it would make it so people with lag's votes won't make it in.

Currently Telltale is not recommending people use it for streaming, but I say a smaller Youtuber or streamer can probably still give it a sh

• What does a user voting see on the browser compared to what the player see's.

It plays like the regular game. But when choices come up, everyone using crowd play can vote. There are two modes- either the choice with th

• Also, I didn't know you guys are so mean. I guess I will only help with one thing, I will leave this community.

:P

• Thanks for the explanation Emily.

It plays like the regular game. But when choices come up, everyone using crowd play can vote. There are two modes- either the choice with th

• edited July 2016

okay?...

Also, I didn't know you guys are so mean. I guess I will only help with one thing, I will leave this community.

• I honestly can't see he how co-op could work with Telltale's interactive movies.

Co-operative QTEs, dialogue and decisions?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.