Whose Your Favorite Forrester (and why)?

edited June 2016 in Game Of Thrones

Vote here: http://www.strawpoll.me/10546177

Rodrik Forrester 43%

Asher Forrester 34%

**Mira Forrester** 14%

Ethan Forrester 9%

For me my favorite Forrester was Mira because because she had a very interesting storyline of a simple handmaiden effectively manipulating what little resources she had to save her family while staying miles away from Ironrath. She really did play an appropriately scaled down version of the game regarding the Crown's relation with the Northern ironwood trade. Shame how her actions ultimately led to her downfall but a handmaiden from a third tier nobility can only go so far...

Its difficult to choose between Asher and Rodrik - when I first played the Lost Lords I found Rodrik rather boring and stern while Asher had a lot more energy and wit that made him instantly likable. However over the course of the season Rodrik began to grow on me as a character and I gradually felt his struggle in keeping his House standing against the overwhelming odds. The Whitehills called him 'Rodrik the Ruined' and I wanted to turn him into 'Rodrik the Unbroken' and thus felt quite invested in rebuilding him. Telltale did a great job with making him feel so human, both strong and vulnerable.

I never disliked Asher and he too had his character journey from the brash and playful sellsword to choosing to help the family that exiled him and becoming a better man in the process, and in his own Episode 6 walkthrough he definitely had the makings of an amazing leader. Still I felt Rodrik's struggle was more compelling. Asher is still Awesome though.

And Ethan... quite possibly the second most overlooked Forrester after Ryon (non-POV Forresters aren't included on this list), he probably could have made a decent ruler given enough time and his death did technically trigger the ensuing storyline and his choice for sentinel had a major impact on the last two episodes. And he definitely had personality, a little childish yet clever and it was easy to feel his struggle as the unlikely new Lord of Ironrath and all that entailed. In another life I could easily picture him becoming a bard or a maester, his end was tragic and though his overall function towards the main story was essentially as a plot device he still had character.

As his death was unavoidable he did have the least character development though it was interesting to play as Ethan in the brief time that we had with him.

So whose your favorite Forrester and why?

Comments

• Rodrik Forrester, at least for me. A badass with a big heart.

He's got everything that makes a good lord, and all the traits I admire in a person. He's strong and loyal, yet compassionate and wise. Even at his worse moment, injured, humiliated, forced into a corpse cart alongside his deceased father, he didn't whimper, he didn't pity himself, all he did was try to help his family. He put almost everyone ahead of himself.

And of course, a lot of this is down to my version of Rodrik, but just look at the facts--look at the options we're given when playing him. When Arthur is being tortured, all of Rodrik's options are to try and stop what is happening. Because it would break character for Rodrik, not to help.

When those Whitehill soldiers are mocking Ethan, there is no option for Rodrik not to put them in their place, and defend his late brother, despite what could happen to him.

So, there you have it. A through and through selfless badass, with the amazing Russ Bain for a voice actor.

• Mira. Because I love how everybody needs to scheme their maneuvers in KL. Besides, she is beautiful, intelligent, strong willed and realist. The main reason that makes me love the character though, is how we can play her as a northern viper in KL, I felt confortable playing a treacherous Mira in a way that I would never feel if I had played Rodrik or Asher like that, I mean, the whole family is so honorable, so Mira stands out on this matter.

• Which brother did you choose to save though?

Rodrik Forrester, at least for me. A badass with a big heart. He's got everything that makes a good lord, and all the traits I admire in

• edited June 2016

I have 2 saves. One with Asher, and one with Rodrik.

But the first time I played this game, I saved Asher.

Harian96 posted: »

Which brother did you choose to save though?

• I love Rodrik and I dearly hope that I will continue to guide his story and character development in Season 2.

He is one of the most immersive playable character since Lee from the Walking Dead for me. I find his character inspirational that despite the enormous challenge he face, he never truly get his spirit broken. Every time he face a defeat both to his pride and personal lost, he simply rise up and keep fighting for his family.

• Rodrik,Asher and Ethan are my favourite forresters

Rodrik The Respected

Asher the fighter

Ethan the underestimated

• edited June 2016

Asher fucking Forrester is my favorite by far.

Everything about him is just so badass. He is a great fighter who can use anything as a weapon or even just break necks with his bare hands. Capable of both extreme violence and enormous generosity. After all of his accomplishments he just seems legendary to me. He's one of the only people alive who have fought a dragon and he helps overthrow an ancient slave city for the Targaryens. I also love how he is respected by his people and how Ludd is terrified of him. He also has the highest kill count out of any playable character and possibly the whole cast except perhaps Beskha. I also agree with Malcolm that Asher is the most like Gregor, despite Rodrik being the firstborn.

• Asher is the most like Gregor? More so than Rodrik?

Asher fucking Forrester is my favorite by far. Everything about him is just so badass. He is a great fighter who can use anything as a we

• Ahem, I think you're forgetting someone.

enter image description here

• That's what I believe

Asher is the most like Gregor? More so than Rodrik?

• She's not a POV Forrester - at least not yet - despite her obvious character development - she's definitely the most interesting non-POV Forrester (I can't help but ponder what her relation with Mira was like).

Ahem, I think you're forgetting someone.

• Ethan is still my favorite TTG protagonist. So much wasted potential for cheap shock value... Have I whined enough about it yet? :V It's irritating, but that's how I feel about it still.

• Ethan was my favorite because he wasn't your typical protagonist. In my opinion, he was a little more realistic than the other protagonist.

• Asher, with Rodrik being a close second. Ethan didn't have time to grow on me and I honestly didn't like Mira all that much. Rodrik had the better story until Episode 5, but Asher is a more interesting character/lord imo

• Mira. I found her story really interesting and I don't know why people think that her story was bad. I mean, what were the flaws of her storyline, with an exception of the whole Morgryn situation? I seriously feel like she's entirely underrated.

Also, I love Mira cause of how she turned out. From a handmaiden that needed help in King's Landing to a badass talker that knows how to rek people for good, especially Andros. ;)

• Asher. Because he's cool, badass and funny. And that grin...

• Rodrik, far and away. He has all the humanity of Eddard Stark, but none of the gullibility. He can dance between darkness and light in such a way that makes it impossible for the villains to get a fix on him. My version of Rodrik can tenderly lift Talia out of the mud one minute, and beat Gryff to a braindead pulp the next.

I really hope Telltale doesn't do something as obvious as kill him off. They can force him down a path of trial and torment, much like Arya Stark (so far), but please, leave him alive to fight another day.

1. Rodrik
    2. Gregor
    3. Ethan
    4. Mira
    5. Talia
    6. Asher
    7. Elissa
    8. Ryon
  • I'm surprised, I never expected to see Asher of all characters so low on a personal favorites list, you like Gregor and Ethan more than Asher?

* Rodrik * Gregor * Ethan * Mira * Talia * Asher * Elissa * Ryon

• Rodrik truly is/was a figure to admire - I think he represented everything a proper Northern lord should be - both honorable yet also intelligent enough not to let passion blind him from reason. Despite his broken body he has/had a will of iron and I found his story quite relatable - one can only hope he won't be killed off and replaced in the premier of Season 2...

Rodrik, far and away. He has all the humanity of Eddard Stark, but none of the gullibility. He can dance between darkness and light in such

• Is Mira underrated?

• Eh, she kinda is. Most people find her boring cause of her story, actually. However, to be completely honest, I wasn't a fan of her story in the beginning, either, cause politics are just not my thing. However, it turned out that I liked the "GoT politics" and everytime I played as Mira, I was excited about what was happening next. Even though her story doesn't have much action, it's still kinda intense, in my opinion.

Is Mira underrated?

• Yeah. It's not so much that I don't like Asher. I love all these guys. I just had to choose between them. Gregor is a badass and Ethan's story was really interesting, as much as I wanted to like it, Asher's story didn't really do anything for me.

I'm surprised, I never expected to see Asher of all characters so low on a personal favorites list, you like Gregor and Ethan more than Asher?

• Wow, Rodrik's winning.

• edited June 2016
    • At the beginning of the game, Gregor says he is proud of the man Rodrik has become. He also wasn't on good terms with Asher . Throughout the course of my game however Rodrik became a worse and more dishonorable leader while my Asher kept becoming a greater and more admirable leader. So in GoT style both of their father arcs subverted expectations, Gregor would probably be ashamed of Rodrik's actions and proud of Ashers. Not case by case but in general.

• Asher looks so much like Gregor it's uncanny. Rodrik has his fathers colouring and is firstborn so people like to say he is the true heir, but he looks most like Elissa. Asher is the opposite, he has the Branfield colouring but looks like Gregor.

• Malcolm, who knows Asher better than everyone except maybe Beskha and Elissa, frequently brings up Asher's father. He says that Asher is truly his father's son and that Gregor and Asher just had differences that made Gregor blind to Asher's true potential. Reminds me of my own father and I think it really sets up Asher to step into his father's role.

• Asher is an amazing leader just like Gregor. His men respect him for his fearlessness and fierceness, but he can also joke and drink with them which is exactly what Gregor does with his men.

• Both are pretty angry and scary when they need to be. We didn't see much of Gregor but after he's attacked he slaughters a bunch of guys, breaks a crossbow bolt that's lodged in his chest, and says "Walder Frey you fucking traitor". Bowen seemed scared of him. Asher is obviously scary as fuck and luckily even Ludd is terrified of him.

Asher is the most like Gregor? More so than Rodrik?

• Cute

Ahem, I think you're forgetting someone.

• T A L I A

If you mean protags then I 100% am a Mira-stan

• Rodrik is winning but I thought many people left him behind.

• Asher until ep 6, then Rodrik.

• Rodrik the one true lord of Ironrath and protector of the Ironwood grooves,complicate character always dancing between the shadows and lights.
    But at the end he will always rise up from the mud and spit the famous quote:Do you know what they did to me in the Twins?

Then here is my list:
    1.Rodrik
    2.Mira
    3.Ethan
    4.Gregor
    5.Talia
    6.Asher

RAFAELAM96 posted: »

Asher until ep 6, then Rodrik.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.