Season 7 (and maybe 8) prediction thread

edited June 2016 in Game Of Thrones

It's never too early to start discussing and predicting what will happen next season.

It's been confirmed at this point that the next two seasons will span 13 episodes.

So what do you think will happen? If you want you can break it up by section/region or by storyline.

Comments

• I saw the directors for season 7 and it seems like it may be more of a build up season like season 5 was. I see season 7 being about Dany's arrival and the fall of Queen Cersei while season 8 will be the arrival of the white walkers. I see season 7 ending with the wall falling

• So in a sense the Game of Thrones will end, and the Song of Ice and Fire will begin. I can totally see it.

But by build up season, you mean the burning of Kings Landing, and a whole lotta other shit that isn't obvious yet.

I saw the directors for season 7 and it seems like it may be more of a build up season like season 5 was. I see season 7 being about Dany's

• IM usually pretty bad a predictions, anyway reading too many theories just sets you up for dissapointment

• I think it would be awesome if we had a regular season 7 with 10 episodes and then instead of season 8 with 3, we had a full length movie.

• The Wall will collapse, Jamie will kill Cersei, Arya will run into Red Lady and the Hound.

• What comes to directors, I think Shakman (new to GoT) might surprise people the way Sapochnik surprised people with Hardhome. Shakman directed the last two episodes of Fargo season 1, and those were awesome.

Though Alan Taylor (directed Baelor, Fire and Blood, The North Remembers, The Nightlands and Valar Morghulis) is probably given the last episodes.

I've always liked Podeswa's directing in GoT too, Mylod is a bit meh, but they'll probably do just the setup episodes.

But yeah, s7 will definitely be a build up to s8. Act 1: s1-s4, act 2: s5-s6, act 3: s7-s8. Still though, there is so much shit that's going to happen that it surely won't feel like a slow season.

I saw the directors for season 7 and it seems like it may be more of a build up season like season 5 was. I see season 7 being about Dany's

• One thing I know for sure...

enter image description here

• enter image description here

One thing I know for sure...

• edited June 2016
  • edited June 2016

enter link description here

I want more of the Night King - Loved this scene

• True true... Aka CleganeBowl

IM usually pretty bad a predictions, anyway reading too many theories just sets you up for dissapointment

• You know I wouldn't even be mad. If the last three episodes were like 1.5-2hrs and straight action packed... Long night edition of GoT.

Might sprinkle in a few sex scenes here and there

I think it would be awesome if we had a regular season 7 with 10 episodes and then instead of season 8 with 3, we had a full length movie.

• Hopefully Beric doesn't die... Cause I'd love for Arya and The Hound to be running with Mel and the Brotherhood before shit hits the fan

kaza125 posted: »

The Wall will collapse, Jamie will kill Cersei, Arya will run into Red Lady and the Hound.

• The only reason it would even be classified as a sort of set up is because we all know winter has finally come. Still gotta deal with Euron, Cersei, the whole Game Of Thrones part of the show (kings and queens bs) before we can finally get to the real war.

And we're still waiting for you Jorah. We can't start this war without you. You and Sam.

Note: wouldnt it be awesome if the last season 7 scene had a full on stark reuinion (including Benjin) and as they finally get to hear about Brans adventure and all he learned... Crash comes the wall

What comes to directors, I think Shakman (new to GoT) might surprise people the way Sapochnik surprised people with Hardhome. Shakman direct

• And when it comes, it'll be one cold Bastard.

• One thing I really hope D&D do, but it's probably really unlikely with the short time they have.

I'd like to see sort of a white walker origin story. Like not how they were made, but more how they maybe operate. What is there language? Are they intelligent life capable of more than their programming? Do they want to take babies and transform them into more white walkers? Is there something extra behind why they do what they do, besides them being from the children?

I know we know the children made them, but there's still so much to learn. And I'd love to learn it from the night kings perspective.

Definitely need more night King

enter link description here I want more of the Night King - Loved this scene

• edited June 2016

I have a feeling that they'll talk in english to them but it'll be simple and sound demonic, the usual stuff "WAR", "DEATH" something along those words, the nights king destoyed his creator, they're going past what they were meant for, they want the world.

or maybe a select few can understand them, like Bran

ShaneGrimes posted: »

One thing I really hope D&D do, but it's probably really unlikely with the short time they have. I'd like to see sort of a white walk

• I hope that sowhere around end of season 7 there will be huge battle between Dany and Cersei. (Cleganebowl maybe?)

• I could dig it.

Damn children of the forest.

I have a feeling that they'll talk in english to them but it'll be simple and sound demonic, the usual stuff "WAR", "DEATH" something along

• I'd want to see that, but I'd also love to see the Faceless Hound come through and steal Danys kill.

Just like you said, CleganeBowl. Arya gotta cross the name off her list.

PanJogurt posted: »

I hope that sowhere around end of season 7 there will be huge battle between Dany and Cersei. (Cleganebowl maybe?)

• Father always promised, didn't he?

• I only expect one thing next season and it's a big f*cking storm .

enter image description here enter image description here

• enter image description here

alikir34 posted: »

I only expect one thing next season and it's a big f*cking storm .

• Wow I need to rewatch this whole season. Lines that connect like that are scattered throughout this season and man... It's hard to tell when you watch an episode a week

alikir34 posted: »

I only expect one thing next season and it's a big f*cking storm .

• This is how I see it going down....
    Team Daenerys will land in the area where Nymeria burned her ships...gain the 50,000 spears and start to head to the Trident to meet the Highgarden forces...but then they will learn about what is going on in the North and head there....meanwhile Euron and his force will get to Mereen and surprise...no Queen, no dragons...just a pissed off Second sons and plenty of attitude...so he will head to Kingslanding...no Daenerys but a Queen with his kind of mind set.

Season 7 and first 8...taking care of the Nightking and pals...then settling Cersei's hash.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.