How about we do a contest to breath some life back in here?(Contest)

So I hop on the forum now and then, noticing as expected that activity has slowed down which is all fine I don't think anyone expected anything else, but it would be great to reignite the flame for the Tales Community don't you think?

We could maybe organize a contest that features all types of skills of every end of the community, such as:

-Best fan-fic
-Best video tribute
-Best fan art

Even more! I imagine this would be difficult to organize, but I've seen it done on TWD before, and it would be great to do it here, thoughts? If any of the moderators, or people in the shippers want to organize it, or help, hell anyone at all wants to get involved should :)

Comments

• Damn, we really are dying aren't we? :D

• Did you just say, best fanfic contest?

Duuude, I'd be game for that! enter image description here

• Please write a fanfic. I'd read the shit out of it.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Did you just say, best fanfic contest? Duuude, I'd be game for that!

• We need more people than just us three, spread the word about the forums :)

Did you just say, best fanfic contest? Duuude, I'd be game for that!

• Well if you really wanted to go to the extreme, you could compose a message to send to every individual that's ever posted on the Tales from the Borderlands forum in the last couple of months. All it'll take you is time and a lot of milkshakes.

kaza125 posted: »

We need more people than just us three, spread the word about the forums

• Well, if it helps, I'm in the process of writing a novelization. I'm only on the first chapter, but it's definitely gonna get published on FF.Net.

Well if you really wanted to go to the extreme, you could compose a message to send to every individual that's ever posted on the Tales from the Borderlands forum in the last couple of months. All it'll take you is time and a lot of milkshakes.

• I can participate in any that don't take video or photo editing

• Aw sweet! Best of luck with that! =D

Well, if it helps, I'm in the process of writing a novelization. I'm only on the first chapter, but it's definitely gonna get published on FF.Net.

• Thanks! Say, when I get around to it, would it be okay to PM you a sample of it? (Through here or FF.Net?) No one's read any of it, and I'd like to know if it reads alright.

Aw sweet! Best of luck with that! =D

• =D sure! Go right ahead and PM me on here whenever you're ready.

Thanks! Say, when I get around to it, would it be okay to PM you a sample of it? (Through here or FF.Net?) No one's read any of it, and I'd like to know if it reads alright.

• edited July 2016

I can try to participate to the fan art but not the others.

• sounds cool

• Shall I make an official thread for the competition?

• im not good at anything, but playing tftb and racing gamez :/

• Cool idea.

I've kinda got some skill when working with photoshop - mostly icons. I could try and make gif sets once I find out how to stop the dynamic link issue with a windows 10.

• Writing is my only talent and I'm currently on break. I could maybe cook something up and predictably lose. I'm game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.