Season 2 - Play as Talia?

So, after the Game of Thrones show finished I've found myself going back to the Telltale game. Reading through the board I noticed that lots of people are guessing that Ryon might be the new protagonist.

Will we play as the Forresters in Season 2?

First off I think the story will continue under house Forrester due to them building such a connection between the player and the house throughout Season 1, plus things like the outcome of Gared and Malcolm seem like it has a lot of potential.

The one thing that kind of annoys me is that regardless of which Forrester you decide to keep alive, they either wont show up in Season 2 or will be killed off immediately; due to Telltale not wanting to spend time and resources on building completely different stories to match those of Season 1.

Why I think we will play as Talia

Talia is the only character that we influence so drastically in Season 1. Ryon is barely old enough to even comprehend all that's happened around him, we've had barely any interaction with Ryon himself; he's probably spent more time with the Whitehills than his own family, probably because they all died.
The actions of Ethan and Rodrik (Who we play) obviously influence Talia a lot, and it only makes sense for the player to be able to understand her.

Overall

Indeed the Forresters did have a very rough time in season one, but there is a larger story to be played out. What may seem like small victories after the downfall of Ironrath are important ones. The choices players make in season one set the stage for what's to come.

-Kevin Bruner, Telltale's CEO and co-founder and executive producer on the Game of Thrones adaptation

I'm really curious in how they're going to continue the series and if we're going to play characters like Gared and Talia or if we'll get to have a taste for some new characters. Due to all the different endings with Rodrik/Asher and since there are different outcomes (Lord Whitehill or Gryff dying, if Duncan/Royland comes with you or dies, etc.) it's hard to tell how they'll continue their arc with House Forrester.

Comments

• edited July 2016

My guess is that they will keep us under the Forresters' perspective, also, about Talia, I think that we are only going to play her if Mira is dead by the end of Season One.

• Reading through the board I noticed that lots of people are guessing that Ryon might be the new protagonist.

For me Ryon is too young to be a playable character. I think that we will play as Beskha instead.

Will we play as the Forresters in Season 2?

First off I think the story will continue under house Forrester due to them building such a connection between the player and the house throughout Season 1, plus things like the outcome of Gared and Malcolm seem like it has a lot of potential.

I agree there. We might get a good view of how things are going for both Gared and Malcolm.

The one thing that kind of annoys me is that regardless of which Forrester you decide to keep alive, they either wont show up in Season 2 or will be killed off immediately; due to Telltale not wanting to spend time and resources on building completely different stories to match those of Season 1.

I don't think that they will kill of the remaining Forrester you decide to keep alive right away. That would be a huge downturn in the game and not many people would want to play it after. But yeah IDK why Telltale didn't branch off different stories for Season 1. Hopefully they will do it for Season 2.

Why I think we will play as Talia

Talia is the only character that we influence so drastically in Season 1. Ryon is barely old enough to even comprehend all that's happened around him, we've had barely any interaction with Ryon himself; he's probably spent more time with the Whitehills than his own family, probably because they all died. The actions of Ethan and Rodrik (Who we play) obviously influence Talia a lot, and it only makes sense for the player to be able to understand her.

Yes! I would love to play as Talia in Season 2 to get her perspective on things. She learned alot from what Rodrik had told her. Hopefully we will get to play as her in Season 2.

Overall

Indeed the Forresters did have a very rough time in season one, but there is a larger story to be played out. What may seem like small victories after the downfall of Ironrath are important ones. The choices players make in season one set the stage for what's to come.
    -Kevin Bruner, Telltale's CEO and co-founder and executive producer on the Game of Thrones adaptation

When did he say this?

I'm really curious in how they're going to continue the series and if we're going to play characters like Gared and Talia or if we'll get to have a taste for some new characters. Due to all the different endings with Rodrik/Asher and since there are different outcomes (Lord Whitehill or Gryff dying, if Duncan/Royland comes with you or dies, etc.) it's hard to tell how they'll continue their arc with House Forrester.

I'm curious too on which choices and how our choices will play out in Season 2. Hopefully it will help the Forresters.

• edited July 2016

I would say its probably a pretty safe bet that we will continue to play as house forrester. We might see a more diverse selection of characters though, possibly Malcolm (since he stayed behind in essos). I was actually thinking it might be interesting to play as one of the whitehills, Torrehn maybe. That could really help give a more varied perspective.

When will season 2 get here already?!

• Talia's best as a supporting character. I still think we'll be playing as Asher/Rodrik.

• Playing a Whitehill character would actually be pretty cool, I wonder if they'd let us play from two sides of the rivalry.

HDD42 posted: »

I would say its probably a pretty safe bet that we will continue to play as house forrester. We might see a more diverse selection of charac

• I do not want Talia as a pov and I don't think think she's likely to be one either. It was great to see her development during season 1 and I'd like to continue to see her grow but as Asher. She really is best as a supporting character.

If there is going to be a child POV it will be Ryon. HE is the ideal blank slate character that players will love to mold and develop. I mean we've really only talked to him in episode 1 (briefly in episode 2 if you kiss the ring) but his role as a previous hostage and youngest heir is just ripe with POV potential.

I don't understand why people want to play as these established characters like Talia and Beshka who are outstanding supporting characters by both GoT and TTG standards. Please just let us play as Ryon, Malcolm on his Essos mission, and the characters we had in season 1.

• I'd LOVE to play as her.

• If I had to choose Talia or Ryon I would easily choose Talia, however I really hated playing as Ethan because he was a child, and I feel like playing a child in the GoT world just wont work well, Talia is also pretty defined as a character.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.