Who will be the villain?

I'm really looking forward to Telltale's Batman game. After playing through The Wolf Among Us again, I'm more excited than ever to see what they have in store. I've been wondering who the villain might be for this iteration of Batman. In other games we have seen villains such as The Joker, Two-Face, Dr. Hugo Strange, and plenty of others. I think that it would be cool for Black Mask to be the villain. Sure, we've seen Black Mask as the villain in Arkham Origins. But, Arkham Origins is a completely different beast from what Telltale is doing. Telltale is most likely going to make this game a thriller/crime drama and Black mask would be a nice fit for the gameplay style. On top of that, Black Mask is not the biggest villain in the Caped Crusader's rogues gallery but he is a perfect fit for the time period Telltale is going for. And we might see Carmine Falcone and Black Mask work together at some point. Who knows?
Agree? Disagree? I'd like to know what you think. Let's discuss.

Comments

• Whoever the villain is, I hope it is not the Joker. He has been given plenty of spotlight, I think it is time to let other villains to shine.

• I would have to agree. As much as I love The Joker, he's been in the forefront for way too long. That's why I appreciate that they have small timers like carmine Falcone thrown in the mix.

• Black Mask does fit nicely, so, agreed. However, I would like to see TTG'S take on Liam Distal as the Red Hood, you know, for Batman's early years he fits as well as black Mask, and there is a lot of mystery about him, he could link the story to the Joker by the end of the game, also, if we are going to see a lot about Bruce Wayne the political mind, this villain has the the perfect connections with Gotham's high society. We could have Falcone, Maroni, Bertinelli, Black Mask (Roman Sionis) and Penguin all working together with Distal, so TTG could have a general take on these mobsters villains.

• Despite my admiration for Joker, I agree.

Whoever the villain is, I hope it is not the Joker. He has been given plenty of spotlight, I think it is time to let other villains to shine.

• edited July 2016

I've always had a thing for Ra's al Ghul. I'd love it if there was a choice at the end of the game between saving Gotham or destroying it.

• I don't know that much about the Liam Distal Red Hood. But, that would be an interesting choice. JUST PLEASE!! NO JASON TODD!! I've been having a Jason Todd saturation lately.

Chusets posted: »

Black Mask does fit nicely, so, agreed. However, I would like to see TTG'S take on Liam Distal as the Red Hood, you know, for Batman's early

• I guess that would be cool. But I've seen too much Ra's al Ghul lately in other forms of Batman media lately. I do respect who you would like to see in the game though.

I've always had a thing for Ra's al Ghul. I'd love it if there was a choice at the end of the game between saving Gotham or destroying it.

• Of course, no Todd at all. Batman is a beginner on this game, he does not have any Robin. I know how you feel, even though I like the character, I do not want to see Jason Todd as Red Hood (nor even on another season) hahahaha.

NoahStevens posted: »

I don't know that much about the Liam Distal Red Hood. But, that would be an interesting choice. JUST PLEASE!! NO JASON TODD!! I've been having a Jason Todd saturation lately.

• I'd like to see a new take on the riddler.

• edited July 2016

You're telling me? Ha ha. As long as we don't have a juggalo as Joker, i think we'll be fine.

Chusets posted: »

Of course, no Todd at all. Batman is a beginner on this game, he does not have any Robin. I know how you feel, even though I like the character, I do not want to see Jason Todd as Red Hood (nor even on another season) hahahaha.

• That would definitely be interesting.

bsantanu posted: »

I'd like to see a new take on the riddler.

• Hush. I loved the story in the comics and the fact that being Bruce Wayne as well instead of him just being in the Bat suit the whole time helps since he was an old friend before Bruce's parents died.

• edited July 2016

Agreed.

You're telling me? Ha ha. As long as we don't have a juggalo as Joker, i think we'll be fine.

• I told a friend of mine that Hush would be an interesting choice for the game's villain and would kind of make sense.

bloop posted: »

Hush. I loved the story in the comics and the fact that being Bruce Wayne as well instead of him just being in the Bat suit the whole time helps since he was an old friend before Bruce's parents died.

• Falcone is going to appear? Awesome. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy it but now I have to. If this game is going to be like The Long Halloween style it will be amazing.

• While i am excited as well for this game, I wouldn't shoot your expectations through the roof. Try to go in with lower expectations so that you are the least disappointed when playing it.

GF1115 posted: »

Falcone is going to appear? Awesome. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy it but now I have to. If this game is going to be like The Long Halloween style it will be amazing.

• His own mind, his hopes, fears, guilt and anxiety

• I fucking love your comment. Am I allowed to curse here?

His own mind, his hopes, fears, guilt and anxiety

• Fuck yeah you are!

I fucking love your comment. Am I allowed to curse here?

• FUCK YEAH!!

Fuck yeah you are!

• enter image description here

He would work so well with the telltale formula.

• I would be down with that.

He would work so well with the telltale formula.

• edited July 2016

Joker, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Riddle, two-face, Miss. Kyle (Catwoman). I hope some of them are in the game. ;P

• I'm hoping Penguin, Bane, and Joker (as the original Red Hood).

• There are bunch of cool underrated characters, but man, it would be fun if they would throw in condiment king. Just as reference (i'd be happy with just ketchup and pepper on table)

• probably Two Face.

• I heard Joker's laugh on trailer.

My surprisement level is zero.

• Welp...I hope that Joker is a one episode villain instead of the main villain. It would be a nice twist that we expect Joker to be the main villain only to turn out to be a side villain.

Clord posted: »

I heard Joker's laugh on trailer. My surprisement level is zero.

• While it looks like Episode 1 will be Falcone, it would be nice if the main villain was surprising. Egghead anybody? No? Fine. Then someone else besides Joker, Scarecrow, Two-Face... Unless the whole story is about his changing. It would be nice if Two-Face's transition wasn't so sudden, like it was in TDK and more like the cartoon where he struggled with a brain injury.

• I think that the Penguin might work, as he has a lot of power and I can see telltale making very good use of his skill.**strong text***italic text*

• Make it about his love for Selina and then turn it into some tragedy with her seeming dead at the hands of the Joker. Only to then find out in the end that she is fine and probably some shit of him coming home and seeing her purring on his bed.

Bonus: Alfred is tied up in the next room because he was planning to express his love to Bruce.

• if this is in the first years of batman i guess this is taking an approuch of Batman Begins. I would love to see Joker or Bane, but its probably going to be " lame " villains like Two-Faces or Falcone.

• I disagree with putting Two-Face among the "lame villains". Having Two-Face as a villain can be a very emotional story, since both Bruce and Harvey can possibly start out as friends and stays that way for maybe three episodes only for their friendship turns tragic when Harvey becomes Two-Face.

There can be this dilemma whatever you as Batman want to redeem him because of your past friendship when he was Harvey or forced to stop him because all the damages he does as Two-Face.

GCardoso posted: »

if this is in the first years of batman i guess this is taking an approuch of Batman Begins. I would love to see Joker or Bane, but its probably going to be " lame " villains like Two-Faces or Falcone.

• court of owls, black mask, professor pyg

• I heard that Joker laugh. I won't mind a lil' bit of Joker in the first episode, but I would prefer Harvey Dent as the villain.

• Dunno. I don't like the classic penguin but I fucking love his version in the gotham tv show.

Hollins28 posted: »

I think that the Penguin might work, as he has a lot of power and I can see telltale making very good use of his skill.**strong text***italic text*

• Hush. The comic was great just for the bruce-selina stuff and batman's characterization. Hush had a pretty good build up but his motives and his reveal felt flat and rushed. I feel like ttg has what it takes to pull off a great story and a great and interesting hush with actual motives.

Still, Harvey dent and falcone? I'm sold. Sounds like it's going to be detective crime fighting like in the wolf among us.

• Not necessarily as a villain but I'd really like to see Harley. Love everything she's in.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.