I'm not as excited as I'd like to be for this!

As a now middle aged gamer, I know a few things when it comes to BatMan video games. The crux being that until the last decade came along,most batman games have sucked. I know TTG is working its butt off. I also know they respect the character. I have also enjoyed everything TTG has put out. So why do feel like this is gonna suck? Because I'm now where some Game of Thrones fans were two years back. I've found myself wanting to skip this just incase I hate it. Its the oldest fandom argument of that's not my BatMan! Or how I learned I'm still closed minded after years of effort not to be. I want to like this, just not certain I can. As a BatMan superfan this really bothers me. As a TTG fan its driving me nuts! So to the point then. Should I buy this game as a life long BatFan? Other fans will you?

Comments

• It feels like it is going to suck for you for the same reason that I think that it is going to be great, because you and me are superfans of both Batman and TTG, so I am already smiling at it (which I really should wait to do) and you are just concerned about it, which is normal, just relax and wait for it, if it sucks, well, in that case we can only have patience, chocolate does not necessarily gets better if you simply add more chocolate to it. You should buy it, I mean, we can believe in TTG more than we can believe in Harvey Dent right? So it is definetly Worth a shot. I will buy it for sure.

• Batman on the NES was amazing! Pop on the Game Genie and watch it break the game to the point of Batman being stuck in a physical map that's different from the visual map and you're jumping and running within the walls. People Under The Stairs stuff, man. No game has had a more awesome Batarang either. Screw that computer defense boss though. I had nightmares about beating that thing.

• Sorry for the late replies! Thanks for the support @chusets and @Johro. Just a quick update for those who care. I'll get the game and do my best to review it here. As for Batman NES, It's a fine game, for its time. But the flaws are there when you take away nestalgia. I'll have to try the game genie thing. Sounds weird I like it!

• edited July 2016

That's a bummer. I've always appreciated Batman as a character, but never actually dedicated anytime into any media involving him, but I think this series will get me more invested into checking out the comics and maybe even movies. I can't speak as a fan, but I would say wait till the first episode is out it might surprise you.

• the only problem i have is that most of the voice cast is rather uninspired, not that they're bad but we've seen them before and know what they can do, hopefully as new characters get announced the voice actors will be someone we've never seen before and can do good

• edited July 2016

I'm not excited because I'm fucking sick of Batman & the VA's for Batman & Catwoman too (Troy Baker especially is overused, they got more unknown voices for TWD and TWAU and now are using the same guy twice for a lead role..)

Was hoping for something new & fresh, maybe a superhero who isn't known that much etc. or something based of a comic again (TWD S1 and TWAU are still their strongest games by far)

• how can you criticize a game that you never played, wait until its release at least!

• Thank you thats exactly my point. I've been ready to hate this for some dumb reason even I can't fully explain. that is truly worrying.

Alex_L_P posted: »

how can you criticize a game that you never played, wait until its release at least!

• While I'm not really a fan of Batman, I am a fan of Harley Quinn and the (non-Go) Teen Titans, so I'm just as skeptical as you on this, especially because we don't really know what this offers/adds to the Batman universe and that it runs on too expensively-new computer specs despite not looking as good graphically as the new Walking Dead (which shares the same engine/version).

Tangent on being open-minded: as long as you try, it counts as okay in my book. So many people are just content on staying in mindsets that do more harm than good.

• edited July 2016

I kind of know what you mean, somewhat.

After a good Arkham Series of games, I would love if Telltale Games had funds to do a proper Batman game instead one more of their "telltale formula" games.

• Thx for replies, I've seen the trailer, seems promising. But we'll see.

• there is a chance that you like this game, because is diferent that any other batman game you have ever played, its from telltale

Thank you thats exactly my point. I've been ready to hate this for some dumb reason even I can't fully explain. that is truly worrying.

• [removed]

Chusets posted: »

It feels like it is going to suck for you for the same reason that I think that it is going to be great, because you and me are superfans of

Sign in to comment in this discussion.