Can someone dumb this down for me?

Okay, this ending has me so damn confused. And I'm sure this is one of those things with no 100% certain answer. But what is the most likely explanation to the ending of TWAU?

Try to be as simple as you can be, as I've been trying to wrap my head around this for days and my brain is just about fried lol.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2016

There's quite a few interpretations. The main one (and most realistic in my opinion) is that Faith was already dead before the events of the story and that the Faith you encountered during the first fight with the Woodsman was actually a glamoured Nerissa.

• The way I understand it is this:

The Faith we meet in Ep.1 was the real Faith, but the Nerissa we meet in game is actually Faith glamoured to look like her, and Nerissa died some time before the events of the game started.

It probably doesn't help that the story was rewritten heavily after Ep.1 was released due to a slip up on TellTale's part...

• This was my first thought too. But I don't know, I just thought that the Donkeyskin background info was a heavy suggestion that Faith was glamoured as Nerissa at the end. It seems more subtly hinted in the story as well.

My only question about THAT is, if I understand correctly, wouldn't that mean there were two "Faith's" walking around for a small amount of time?

ralo229 posted: »

There's quite a few interpretations. The main one (and most realistic in my opinion) is that Faith was already dead before the events of the

• Theories, theories, and more theories... Well, to ME, the most consistent is the one that assumes that Faith was machinating the whole case in order for Bigby to solve it, as she was glamoured as Nerissa.

• edited July 2016

Faith = Alive.

Nerissa = Dead.

Nerissa in episodes is actually Faith glamoured to look like Nerissa.

Faith's head is Nerissa glamoured to look like Faith.

That's my theory, anyways.

• That's mine as well.

RhysAndLee posted: »

Faith = Alive. Nerissa = Dead. Nerissa in episodes is actually Faith glamoured to look like Nerissa. Faith's head is Nerissa glamoured to look like Faith. That's my theory, anyways.

• They never found Faith's body did they? So it could actually be Nerissa.

That's mine as well.

• Wouldn't the glamour have eventually wore off though? Unless they burned the severed head or something before it did? That's always been my biggest flaw with that theory.

Faith = Alive. Nerissa = Dead. Nerissa in episodes is actually Faith glamoured to look like Nerissa. Faith's head is Nerissa glamoured to look like Faith. That's my theory, anyways.

• Ending is simple: Nerissa killed Faith in reality, so that she can fuck Wolf and fuck him and fuck him again. Plain simple.

• Eventually? It'd be interesting if there were a season two, if you didn't go after Nerissa, you'd see Faith's head turn into Nerissa.

I recall Toad talking about glamours, and as I may remember, it seemed like he had to pay more than once.

Honestly though, if it didn't turn back to normal before the Crooked Man case, it's probably in the Witching Well now.

ralo229 posted: »

Wouldn't the glamour have eventually wore off though? Unless they burned the severed head or something before it did? That's always been my biggest flaw with that theory.

• i have a feeling that tell me there is more. ( Bigby: i feel like we've met before ) . at the end Bigby recall some sentence. almost we can answer them all but this one we can't. they met before but where? i'm dying to know

• I personally support the theory that Faith is a glamoured Nerissa and that the real Faith was dead before the game already.

• boy . that's a lot of fuck.

HokkaidoHoe posted: »

Ending is simple: Nerissa killed Faith in reality, so that she can fuck Wolf and fuck him and fuck him again. Plain simple.

• do we get an uncut edition?

boy . that's a lot of fuck.

• What slip up?

HazzatheMan posted: »

The way I understand it is this: The Faith we meet in Ep.1 was the real Faith, but the Nerissa we meet in game is actually Faith glamoure

• They originally wanted the Mundy police to discover the existence of Fabletown, but this went against the canon of the comic and so the whole story had to be rewritten to accommodate this setback... Mostly it meant less of Detective Brannigan.

This is why all of the 'Next Time' trailers barely match the final game :P

Journey95 posted: »

What slip up?

• NerissaxBigby fans be all over this shit hahaha XD

HokkaidoHoe posted: »

Ending is simple: Nerissa killed Faith in reality, so that she can fuck Wolf and fuck him and fuck him again. Plain simple.

• Interesting. I'm happy with what we got (still my favourite telltale game) but this story sounds like a good plot for S2. I wish they would just go against the canon of the comics, its already very different anyway

HazzatheMan posted: »

They originally wanted the Mundy police to discover the existence of Fabletown, but this went against the canon of the comic and so the whol

• It's actually quite accurate to the events of the comics from what I've seen. Yeah they change the characters personalities and abilities a little but that can be overlooked.

Journey95 posted: »

Interesting. I'm happy with what we got (still my favourite telltale game) but this story sounds like a good plot for S2. I wish they would just go against the canon of the comics, its already very different anyway

• I had to look up the ending also and despite theories, I'm still confused. The ending happened so fast that I was lost while the credits rolled. It also seemed as though she was whispering and I couldn't hear what she said. In all honesty it was a poor ending. The ending should have been explained more so that we had a definite ending to this great game. I'm OK with sequels, yet I don't like pointless cliffhangers.

• Some people would see it as the other way around

• That doesn't work in a game like this. Nerissa isn't just gonna be like "I'm faith, bye..."

I had to look up the ending also and despite theories, I'm still confused. The ending happened so fast that I was lost while the credits rol

• edited December 2016

Nerissa says almost the same thing Faith says to Bigby when they first met. It's a reasonable theory, but it kind of makes you wonder what happened to Nerissa if it's true.

• I don't want Narissa to say "I'm Faith, bye" I just wanted a definite ending like a 20 minute scene were Bigby is looking through the crime book after he talks to Narissa and something that she says stuns him. Then flashbacks of the choices happen and finally Bigby says "Narissa is Faith! I must track her down to see what else she has been hiding from me" then the credits roll. As it was it was way too fast and caught me off guard.

• if you read TWAU comic it shows the at the end where Narissa walks away and they crooked man grabs her and puts Faith's family ring on her. if I remember correctly he says something along the lines of you will not escape me again then it ends.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.