Updated Engine: what's new?

It seems to me that TTG finally put some new techniques in its new engine.

it definitely seems that they added Tessellation (I asked for it since 2009, 2012 and 2014... 7 years of missed hi-tech graphics -_- ).
I can see a physics engine too applied and some illumination improvement.

Next thing they'll have to apply is Mo-cap and maybe facial capture too.

Do anyone knows what other new tech features are now in the engine?

Comments

• Do anyone knows what other new tech features are now in the engine?

Yep.

This incredible system requirements!

In minimum sys. req.
    Core i5
    6Gb Ram
    GTX 580

Okay.

In The Witcher 3 the same minimum requirements, you compare the graphics. Telltale just did not optimize.

• CAPE PHYSICS! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

10/10

• Whats not! 10/10

• I really wouldn't worry about it. Specs seem like a mistake on Steam's part. I say if you can run Michonne you should able to run Batman just fine. There's also the steam refund feature if like you said they didn't optimize.

Murmle22 posted: »

Do anyone knows what other new tech features are now in the engine? Yep. This incredible system requirements! In minimum sys.

• edited July 2016

Yeah those reqs seem REALLY high, maybe they were listed wrong - Recommended seems more like it, I could buy that To a certain extent.

Cuz if that's MINIMUM, I wonder what Recommended will be.

• Well in Recommended for this game is 8GB RAM :)

Marvel_Mike posted: »

Yeah those reqs seem REALLY high, maybe they were listed wrong - Recommended seems more like it, I could buy that To a certain extent. Cuz if that's MINIMUM, I wonder what Recommended will be.

• Any TTG internal staff willing to list the new features the upgraded engine?

• Telltale Says the system requiriments are not completed and his still working on it.

Murmle22 posted: »

Do anyone knows what other new tech features are now in the engine? Yep. This incredible system requirements! In minimum sys.

• how are you so sure that tessellation is added? also I agree that telltale staff should let us know exactly was added to the updated engine!

• They added Completely New Character & Enviroument shaders, which is NEAT. These Shaders let the surfaces interact and react to certain lighting effects. Best way do show it is the scene in the trailer, where Catwoman flys up the elevator with the pink light. You can also see it in the trailer for the walking dead season 3, where the Walker slowly approches the burning car. There you can See, that its skin is a little bit wet in his back.

They also seem to add Dynamic Shadows. You can see it in the trailer, where that Soldier/Gangster is looking out the window and sees batman flying into him. In für Close up of his face, you can see that half of his face is covered in shadows. that didnt exist in older telltale games.

• edited July 2016

Currently using about 6GB of Ram out of total 16GB of ram in this system.

If I launch a game it will of course take more.

I found 12GB of VRAM quite useful with Arkham Knight. I like when games include high-res textures.

But yeah, if you think their badly optimized engine takes much, try it in 3840 x 2160 resolution and see what happens.

Hopefully they optimize their engine a bit more but I think performance penalty comes from being "house built."

Sign in to comment in this discussion.