System Requirements Mistake?

There's a lot of talk about the System Requirements on Steam, specifically the fact that they say the minimum processor needed is a Quad-Core (the kind needed to run massive RPGs like Dragon Age/Witcher). I know the engine has undergone an update but this seems a bit much, especially seeing as the game works on last-gen consoles and on mobile platforms. Was wondering if we could get some confirmation as to whether it'll run on something a bit slower?

Comments

• Previous series needed 3GB of RAM. I say that you'll need an extra GB...maybe, but 6 is ridiculous no matter how gorgeous the series looks.

• I5 CPU for this series? :D i don't believe it and 6GB RAM? tss don't think so

Previous series needed 3GB of RAM. I say that you'll need an extra GB...maybe, but 6 is ridiculous no matter how gorgeous the series looks.

• Holy Graphics Card, Batman!

• Yes it's mistake! You can see real sys. req. on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/game/batman_a_telltale_game_series

• edited July 2016

I ran all previous games with 2 gb ram

Previous series needed 3GB of RAM. I say that you'll need an extra GB...maybe, but 6 is ridiculous no matter how gorgeous the series looks.

• Thanks! yes, that definitely seems a lot more legit than the Steam specs. It didn't make sense for a TT game to have higher requirements than Skyrim.

Murmle22 posted: »

Yes it's mistake! You can see real sys. req. on GOG. https://www.gog.com/game/batman_a_telltale_game_series

• It probably is a mistake. I don't see how they can make such a jump on reqs without trailer looking like a generic TTG. Probably will be fixed later. :P

• generic TTG

enter image description here

ata95 posted: »

It probably is a mistake. I don't see how they can make such a jump on reqs without trailer looking like a generic TTG. Probably will be fixed later. :P

• GOG site updated with Steam specs.

Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10
    Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free,
    Video Card: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 580

Fucking RIP.

• Didn't mean that in a bad way. I like generic ttg :P

generic TTG

• u wot m8

GOG site updated with Steam specs. Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10 Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Memory: 6 GB RAM Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free, Video Card: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 580 Fucking RIP.

• I have heard that both stores may still have placeholder specs for a short while longer.

GOG site updated with Steam specs. Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10 Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Memory: 6 GB RAM Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free, Video Card: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 580 Fucking RIP.

• Boy I hope that's true. I know Telltale updated their engine, but THAT much seems a bit unbelievable to me.

I have heard that both stores may still have placeholder specs for a short while longer.

• I can run Dragon Age, so I'm happy with this.

• Jesus.. i don't feel ok.

• If that requirements are true, which are on Steam and now on GoG too... bye TTG and farewell. I played almost all your games and have a very good times with them, but this is the end. Graphic just slightly improved, but reqs are damn high... Witcher 3 like. I have low-end PC, but I hoping that, if I run every Telltale games, I run Batman too... my mistake. So great reqs are probably because you are making it for consoles first... and optimalization on PC is not on "schedule". A common practice these days... such a shame. That is why I mostly stick with indie games in nowadays. So I was looking forward to WD 3... :-(

• MicahMoo11MicahMoo11 Banned
    edited July 2016

Wright Micah Simi-Final Build 04 new 07, Telltale Community

Telltale this is upsetting I'm running intel hd graphics 4000 with 8 gags of ram (VRAM 1738 or 1536). Running windows vista and Mac OS 10.12 beta. And the requirements are insane that is about intel 4th gen and bitter. Even if I pied 1,500 to upgrade my laptop to i7 it will still be 2.9 GHz. No way nera your specks and running Mac book pro mid 2012 13-inch. I will still buy telltale batman. But telltale I really hope those are place holder specs. Like bland sired. Becouse compare walking dead michonne requirements I coped from steam. And the batman game.

OS: Windows 7 64Bit Service Pack 1 (Batman - The Telltale Series)
    Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent (Walking dead Michonne)
    Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz (Batman - The Telltale Series)
    Memory: 3 GB RAM (Walking dead Michonne)
    Memory: 6 GB RAM (Batman - The Telltale Series)
    Graphics: ATI or NVIDIA card w/512 MB RAM (Walking dead Michonne)
    Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 580 (Batman - The Telltale Series)
    DirectX: Version 9.0 (Walking dead Michonne)
    DirectX: Version 11 (Batman - The Telltale Series)
    Additional Notes: Not Recommended for Intel integrated graphics. (michonne and batman)

Telltale you need to realsed. The demo that you use to do in steam before back to the future, that you stop offing for some reason. However you remove all of them except Wallace and growth. That you can access by force scoring steam on steam://install/31160 (windows only). Telltale I bought every sego of your titles becouse you use to care about your gamers. But more and more your becoming like Microsoft or Sega, licking of quality control. That the CEO of Sega. Admitted there lost they fins over the last 10 years. This is telltale as may knew it..

Telltale please don't abbended your windows users that got you in business.

• Sorry but it just seems ridiculous that a game like GTA V only requires a 2.4GHz processor and a Telltale game requires 3.3GHz. Also I'm going to be completely honest; the game doesn't look nearly as good as expected.

• Unbelievable! I can't play the game on PC then! if so, how do mobiles even run it?

I have heard that both stores may still have placeholder specs for a short while longer.

• I am also shocked

On mobile graphics will be the same as before - very bad. But I'm even on the mobile can not play, I have the old phone.

I really wanted to play WD S3, hope graphics can be lower and play on minimum settings At least.

Unbelievable! I can't play the game on PC then! if so, how do mobiles even run it?

• I agree those system req. are very high for this game i don't wanna see for The Walking Dead Season 3 then if this in minimum have 6GB RAM.

• Can't wait to hear about how this game runs on last gen consoles. Probably sub-HD@20FPS. Seriously, my pc can run it, but those requirements seem like overkill for a TT game. I didn't even think the improvement was all that big.

• Seems like Story Mode would be the last thing I get from Telltale.

Murmle22 posted: »

I am also shocked On mobile graphics will be the same as before - very bad. But I'm even on the mobile can not play, I have the old phone. I really wanted to play WD S3, hope graphics can be lower and play on minimum settings At least.

• Ridiculously high system requirements. This game looks nowhere near as good as other games with those specs. It does look better, but not that much. I really hope this turns out to be a mistake, otherwise tons of people won't be able to play this game.

• thats good to hear it's a mistake. i was worried i would not be able to run the game or season 3 of walking dead. it did seem werid that the processor would be that high as the graphics did not change that much.

• i have been able to run most of telltales games on a very bad intel hd graphics card [ only issue i ever had was a white screen crash during episode 5 of wds2] and they all ran fine i just had to lower the graphics down.

joriandrake posted: »

I ran all previous games with 2 gb ram

• I guess I'll buy it to see if it runs on my computer. If not I'm returning it to Steam and getting my money back.

Good thing I have a PS4. But the feeling of what makes TTG great might be lost on a console.

• I prefer playing the games on PS4, because a controller will always be better than mouse and keyboard. Selecting dialogue options etc is much better on console, and on current gen consoles the games run almost the same as on PC.

I guess I'll buy it to see if it runs on my computer. If not I'm returning it to Steam and getting my money back. Good thing I have a PS4. But the feeling of what makes TTG great might be lost on a console.

• edited July 2016

I mean its not like a controller is out of the question on PC, that's how I play most Telltale games.

I prefer playing the games on PS4, because a controller will always be better than mouse and keyboard. Selecting dialogue options etc is much better on console, and on current gen consoles the games run almost the same as on PC.

• edited July 2016

I was about to ask how reliable the system reqs are, especially the graphic card part. I have a laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 860m card with 4gb ram on it and it's not as good as the card listed it seems.

If they are reliable, these specs will apply for future games as well, I take it? Like TWD S3.

Thing is, if I buy the Batman game on the PS4, it's not so bad for me because there are no prior seasons. With TWD S3, however . . . I have S1 and S2 for my laptop. Import isn't essential, but it'd be nice considering they're story-based. Hopefully Telltale can work out a way of retrieving save files for games held on different platforms.

Also, I am rather surprised at the specs. It tells me I might need to upgrade quite soon if I want to play upcoming games, and I do really like Telltale's products as I'm a non-interactive/interactive story fan, but as I can play Total War: Warhammer, Hearts of Iron 4 and Stellaris (the most recent games I've bought), I'm wondering what's going on really, as I imagine they're a fair bit more demanding. Especially considering the Batman game is still releasing on PS3? And sure, I understand every game/company/engine is different, in terms of optimisation and such (even between platforms), but it just seems like a big leap from the Michonne system requirements.

Anyway, no big deal. Just hope there's an option to grab save files from a different platform. If not, I do own TWD S2 via a PS Plus sub, but . . . I'd rather not take a month's sub out just to get a save import. Waste of money really. As an aside, if there is one benefit, it's that I can buy the episodes piece by piece, I guess, like I've done with Minecraft. (I still need to buy episode 3 onwards)

PS: I think this is the first 'sort-of complainy' post from me . . . ;) It's rare!

Also, I'm not sure the security captcha's are working for posting. At least they weren't for me. I had to come off the page, come back on, copy + paste the post and then submit. It worked straight away, without a code being needed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.