Will you try to prevent Harvey from becoming Two-Face?

In the game you will play the early years of the cape crusader and meet Harvey Dent before he becomes Two-Face and it has been stated on DC all access that your choices will have consequences for characters in the game and that got me thinking about Harvey. I was thinking that you can possibly prevent Harvey from becoming Two-Face or actually be the cause of his transformation. It's uncertain that we will get the choice for the game is not out yet, but knowing Telltale they might have that option in it.

I personally would let Harvey become Two-Face for I find his character much more three dimensional with his internal conflict with the schizophrenia struggling to have control over his body. Plus if they did it like the animated series it would be nice to see Batman having a guilty conscience of what happened and have him struggle to take down Two-Face.

So will you choose to prevent the transformation or let it happen?

Comments

• edited July 2016

I would actually love it if in their rendition that never actually happens. I think that would be pretty groundbreaking and create another Ally for Bruce. But, if it were to happen I hope it won't happen until at least at the end of episode 2 or 3, and of course I would do anything in my power to stop Harvey, since he's Bruce's buddy. It would be pretty fucked up for Bruce to just let it happen.

• It would be cool if based on choices Harvey becomes Two Face or not. For example, Im getting a feeling there will be a choice to get Harvey to be Mayor or not, so maybe if he doesnt become mayor he becomes Two Face.

• Knowing telltale I think such a big thing won't be determinant, or you'll just delay his transformation for a little bit.

• I would let it happen. More villains more fun

• Of course I'll try to prevent it from happening, because, you know, I'm Batman so, yeah you get it.

• edited July 2016

Honestly, I don't think Telltale will left such an immportant plot detail to the players choice xD
    But a cool thing they could do would be something like, depending on your relationship with Harvey you can go as Bruce instead of going as Batman, and convice him to hand himself over to the police.

• Oh my God, if Telltale actually were to do that, that'd be fucking amazing.

I'd try my best to prevent the transformation. As much as I like Two-Face as a villain, I think it'd be interesting to see what Gotham would be like without him.

• I think it'd be a better story if he becomes Two-Face.

...so no.

• I think Harvey will become Two-Face regardless of the choices we make.

• Knowing Telltale, Harvey will become Two-Face whether we try to prevent it or not.

• I agree.

ralo229 posted: »

Knowing Telltale, Harvey will become Two-Face whether we try to prevent it or not.

• edited July 2016

We've had plenty of Batman/Two-Face encounters (the confrontation between Batman and Harvey in the climax of THE DARK KNIGHT being the most popular example), but as far as I can recall, there's never been a showdown between the characters where both men were aware of the other's secret identity. This could be a great chance for Telltale to do exactly that. The fact we'd actually have a chance to influence said showdown is twice as exciting.

• I mainly do two-sided game-saves for telltale games to explore all my options. If we get the option to do this, I will most likely get to do both.

• I've been wondering whether in the game you can prevent Harvey from becoming Two Face or Oswald from becoming Penguin... but you can only avert one of them.

• I will certainly try my best to prevent what horrible tragedy that turns Harvey into Two Face, but more than likely it's gonna happen anyway. Also, shouldn't Harvey have his Father's coin? Or maybe TT decided to get rid of that character trait for their take on him.

• I genuinely feel that both Bruce and Harvey are friends in this game. I will do my utmost to prevent him from becoming Two-Face. And if he becomes Two-Face, I will try and redeem him.

• I honestly hope it happens. Maybe after a time skip or something so it makes more sense. They actually have descriptions of each upcoming episode and one of them says that a "New Generation of Villains" rises to prominence in Gotham, maybe he'll be one of them.

• Such decision would mean that character would likely either go-away or die in a next episode.

Their episodic format doesn't really allow such major branching to go for long. They're not fans or doing long branching paths like that.

Now, you would have two different Harvey Dent characters, that would mean a lot extra work to development team in tight schedule if they actually allowed him to stay. Unless the change would be mostly visual and dialogue would mainly be altered a bit to fit. They would likely then cut him out from the future seasons.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.