Game Of Thrones ending with Season 8

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/07/30/hbo-confirms-game-of-thrones-will-end-with-season-8

I kind of figured and saw it coming, but still that sucks :/. I'm gonna miss it when it ends and they're only 13 episodes left.

Comments

• As long as it has an awesome finale, I'll be okay.

I'll miss it too, but I'll be okay.

• We still have the books :)

• Obviously they can't rush too far ahead of GRRM writing his books

• I don't think it will have a finale, not even the books have one yet.

As long as it has an awesome finale, I'll be okay. I'll miss it too, but I'll be okay.

• yes they can. GRRM basically has told them how it ends. not like its set on stone, but it was something he has a had on his mind for a while.

joriandrake posted: »

Obviously they can't rush too far ahead of GRRM writing his books

• It will be a bittersweet ending

jamex1223 posted: »

yes they can. GRRM basically has told them how it ends. not like its set on stone, but it was something he has a had on his mind for a while.

• I don't trust HBO with anything, they already created characters that don't exist in the books and omitted existing ones.

yes they can. GRRM basically has told them how it ends. not like its set on stone, but it was something he has a had on his mind for a while.

• If you noticed the show is becoming worse and worse

I don't trust HBO with anything, they already created characters that don't exist in the books and omitted existing ones.

• The Arya storyline was garbage didn't make any sense. I hope Grrm will finish the winds of winter.

If you noticed the show is becoming worse and worse

• I certainly noticed

• i wouldnt say its getting worse. it isnt becoming better, i liked the season, but it isnt garbage imo.

the Arya story line i wont deny, it was dogshit. only good part about it, kinda good, was her killing Walder Frey. and even then its like "Wtf??, how, like they let her keep the faces?? huh"

• She stole faces. Remember she had access to them.

But the scene lacked depth, also shock from Walder eating human pie, relatives

i wouldnt say its getting worse. it isnt becoming better, i liked the season, but it isnt garbage imo. the Arya story line i wont deny, i

• We didn't see her steal a face.Maybe she killed some to get it.

She stole faces. Remember she had access to them. But the scene lacked depth, also shock from Walder eating human pie, relatives

• A lot of things in the series is missing, including Arya also being a skinchanger. I doubt she would be allowed to quit with faces taken, of course there is the possibility she never quit the assassins.

Arya's training requires her to go out into the city under the identity of Cat of the Canals, a street urchin, learn secrets, and report what she has learned to the kindly man. She also begins learning the Braavosi language and the art of lying from the waif. During this time, she kills a deserter from the Night's Watch named Dareon and briefly meets Samwell Tarly, though they do not introduce themselves to each other. After these incidents, she accepts milk meant for "Arya". When she wakes the next morning, she is blind.[35] Arya remains blind and in the service of the House of Black and White in Braavos. The blindness is induced by the milk she drinks every night. She continues to dream through the eyes of her direwolf, Nymeria, but speaks of it to no one. She still struggles with leaving her identity as Arya Stark behind. While she is blind, Arya wears the guise of Beth, a beggar girl. She wanders the streets of Braavos, begging for money and listening for bits and pieces of information. She becomes better at lying and detecting the lies of others. Arya receives her sight again after she is able to identify the kindly man and hit him with a stick when he sneaks up on her. It is implied, however, that she does not simply sense his presence (as he assumes) but sees him through the eyes of a cat hiding in the rafters. After regaining her sight,[36] Arya is given her first assassination assignment. She is asked to give "the gift" to an old man who sells a type of insurance for ships. The kindly man takes her to the secret lower chambers of the House of Black and White, where thousands of faces are hung on the walls. She is given the face of an ugly, broken girl who had been beaten by her father and came to the House of Black and White to seek the gift. Arya watches her target carefully for days. She notices that the old man has guards with him wherever he goes, and always tests the coin he is given with his teeth. While watching him, she attempts to find ways to justify his fate, but the kindly man tells her it is not for her to judge the old man.

In the end, she feigns stealing a bag of coins from a captain on his way to meet with the old man. She splits the bag in the attempt, and switches one of the captain's coins with one of her own, coated in poison. After the switch, she escapes. Later, the old man's heart mysteriously gives out. The kindly man then gives Arya an acolyte's robe and assigns her to begin her first apprenticeship with Izembaro. Under the identity of "Mercedene" or "Mercy", Arya is now a mummer at a playhouse called the Gate, owned by Izembaro. She is still experiencing wolf dreams, the latest with a tree watching her.[37] When Ser Harys Swyft arrives in Braavos on a mission to negotiate with the Iron Bank of Braavos, the mummers of the Gate perform the play The Bloody Hand in which Arya plays a maid, presumably Sansa Stark, who is raped by Tyrion, played by a dwarf named Bobono.[38]

However, as the play is about to begin, Arya notices two of Swyft's guards talking. One of them is Raff the Sweetling. She seduces him and takes him to her room. She tires him out by running there, and thus she is able to stab him in his thigh, cutting his femoral artery and rendering him unable to walk. Rafford pleads to have him carried to a healer, but Arya replies: "Think so?" and stabs him in the throat, just as he did to the disabled Lommy. Arya throws his corpse in a canal and heads back to the Gate before she is due to come on stage.[39]

We didn't see her steal a face.Maybe she killed some to get it.

• all of that was, seems to me, replaced by Merynt Trant and the first part was set up this season but in a not great way.

A lot of things in the series is missing, including Arya also being a skinchanger. I doubt she would be allowed to quit with faces taken, of

• The show destroyed drone. Dorne was very interesting and unique.There was a dornish master plan. In the show they killed all of house Martel. Shame...

• I was fine with Dorne in Season 5. I wasn't on the hate train back then.

It is almost amazing how much I changed my opinion when Season 6 arrived and kicked me on board the hate train. :P

The show destroyed drone. Dorne was very interesting and unique.There was a dornish master plan. In the show they killed all of house Martel. Shame...

• I don't hate the show,but the writing went downhill since GRRM left in season 4

• Yes it will!

GRRM told the show creators back in Season 3 how the series ends, and they are clearly moving the show to the end game in Season 6.

I don't think it will have a finale, not even the books have one yet.

• Respectfully, I have no love for Dorne's story in the books (IMO the absolute weakest part of ASOIAF), so the whole show thing never bothered me.

I was fine with Dorne in Season 5. I wasn't on the hate train back then. It is almost amazing how much I changed my opinion when Season 6 arrived and kicked me on board the hate train. :P

• The books and the show will have the same ending,but the destination will be different.

Demarcoa posted: »

Yes it will! GRRM told the show creators back in Season 3 how the series ends, and they are clearly moving the show to the end game in Season 6.

• edited August 2016

You don't like dorne in the books?

Respectfully, I have no love for Dorne's story in the books (IMO the absolute weakest part of ASOIAF), so the whole show thing never bothered me.

• edited August 2016

I don't think it the weakest part in a song of ice and fire,but It's very complicated and has a lot of political plotting.

Respectfully, I have no love for Dorne's story in the books (IMO the absolute weakest part of ASOIAF), so the whole show thing never bothered me.

• but George only wrote one ep per season?

I don't hate the show,but the writing went downhill since GRRM left in season 4

• Not anymore he wrote one ep per season from season 1-4, then he left to finish the Winds of Winter.

but George only wrote one ep per season?

• I found the whole nipple play a bit pointless (I'm teasing but a lot of Dorne felt unfocused and boring). I think the political stuff will mostly be a lot of unnecessary complications and they'll just end up siding with the Targs anyways. Or they won't. I'm not terribly invested because I don't see them as that major a force in the greater story.

I don't think it the weakest part in a song of ice and fire,but It's very complicated and has a lot of political plotting.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.