Why No Italian Language ?

In Steam i can read like 9 languages but not Italian, why ? Italian was always in last 20 years one of the first 5 languages a game was translated into, now it's not even in first 9 ? Why ? Can you explain it to me Telltale, please ?

Comments

• No one knows why they hate so much Italian language.

After 10 years supporting them, I'm done. :(

• edited August 2016

On italian telltale translated was good? Because in russian minecraft and WD:Michonne translation, well, not so good. Why, telltale?

• The lack of Italian subtitles does not mean Telltale hates Italians.
    The company is not run by a bunch of idiots shaking their fists at Italy and throwing darts a map of Italy.

If was Pashok6798 is true, and the Russian subtitles for Michonne and Minecraft was bad or inaccurate, then that just means that Telltale lacks the manpower.
    Telltale is still not a big company. And if they spared the resources, time and manpower needed to make subtitles, just for them to turn out poorly, then they might as well not even bother.

Trust that no competent businessman will ever do something irrational out of spite for a country or a language.

Trust me, man. I've been dealing with Microsoft's bullshit in Egypt for years and they owe me a lot of money.

• edited August 2016

I'm not sure about Michonne, but some guys wrote that was bad too. I can tell about some problems in Minecraft though:
    1. The stats in the last episode weren't on Russian.
    2. In some episodes the translation looked like it was made with Google Translator or some familiar service.
    3. There was trash instead of Russian text in message boxes (yeah, I know, that UTF8 text was written in ANSI coding, but whatever).
    4. They've made a mistake on Sign in and Log in, they look the very same (Instead "Регистрация" and "Войти" in game writes "Войти" and "Вход". It's the same thing!).
    5. They forgot to make Russian fonts for their system messages.

And so about the Game of Thrones translation. It's not awful, but technical problems and some grammatical errors are dissapointing. About technical problems:
    1. Just like in Minecraft Story Mode, there was trash in message boxes.
    2. There was awful story with syllabification (is that the word?)
    For example, the phrase "Start the game" could look like that:
    "St
    art th
    e game"

I'll give you some screenshots not to be substantive.

Non-russian stats
    WHAT?! Why female talk like male and what is she talking about?
    I don't get it...
    "Войти" and "Вход"? Very difficult choice...
    No comments.
    Message Box
    Game of thrones
    Game of thrones 2

IDredMan posted: »

The lack of Italian subtitles does not mean Telltale hates Italians. The company is not run by a bunch of idiots shaking their fists at Ita

• Too bad, that Telltale can't to contact with fans who could help them with translation. Curse, this copyright's shit!

The lack of Italian subtitles does not mean Telltale hates Italians. The company is not run by a bunch of idiots shaking their fists at Ita

• We need an answer from Telltale.
    There are many crew that can do translation, use them!
    Or spend a little part of our money to translate by yourself!

• My point is this one, among those many languages there is even Chinese and Arab, so, if you really think that Italian is harder to translate than other 2 then let me say you're very wrong, i'm pretty sure that Italian is a language much more easy to translate and economic than other 2, but probably the money come back is inferior than those 2, i feel sad that these math calculations are made by Telltale because me and many other italians were used to love their games in past so much, but according last choices they've taken i'm reading a lot of rage posts in internet from many italians who, like me, feel like abandoned by Telltale and a company should never abandon his fans, that's a pity :(

Sign in to comment in this discussion.