No rewind feature?

Hello,

Played through the episode on PS4 last night and enjoyed it. But I couldn't find a rewind feature? I was only able to restart the episode from the beginning, which I find odd. It's a bit of a downer really, and it's going to cut back on replaying scenes to change a decision or to see all of the branching options.

I can understand why it's been done, because you likely want people to live with their choices. But it just feels really . . . odd, after having every game since TWD S1 have the feature before this one. Kind of miss it.

Comments

• If I'm not mistaken I think you are talking something like how Until Dawn has it where you can play certain chapters over. Actually, I think its funny because doesn't LIS have that feature where you can go to a choice directly and change it?(I'm pretty sure)

I think it would make sense to have a option to go to one of the major decisions in order to change it. Though, changing those choices may not really mean anything besides little variations or even no variations besides the immediate reaction.

• edited August 2016

When you play an episode, you can rewind to a previous chapter. There's normally 5 or 6 of these points that you can rewind to. In Until Dawn, you had to wait until you cleared the game and it made sense really due to the slasher elements. Plus it was a new game from a different company, so I didn't mind it there. I think you could only restart individual episodes/chapters in Until Dawn as well, so there were no sub-sections for each episode/chapter. You still had to play through each episode in it's entirety, though I could be wrong in that regard.

Life is Strange indeed had rewind points. You can revisit any scene within an episode, basically, and play from that point on.

Wolf Among Us episode 1 as an example . . . take the bar sequence at the end. You could rewind it and choose one suspect over the other for two different saves. To do that in Batman, you'll have to replay the entire episode. A bit of a bummer really especially if you make a quick mistake and want to change it.

Again though, it wouldn't be a big deal if all of Telltale's games since TWD S1 hadn't had this feature. Other games haven't included it, but it's just that I'm missing it a lot. I can't easily explore the dialog options and such.

If I'm not mistaken I think you are talking something like how Until Dawn has it where you can play certain chapters over. Actually, I think

• Really, that's missing? I loved that feature, and it was really helpful in TWAU to get all of the trophies. I would never play the whole episode again just to (not) rip of Grens arm.

Rob_K posted: »

When you play an episode, you can rewind to a previous chapter. There's normally 5 or 6 of these points that you can rewind to. In Until Daw

• edited August 2016

Yep, seems it. Unless I'm missing something obvious or it's a bug that's not been fixed, I'm only seeing the 'restart episode' option.

I mostly posted this for myself and to let Telltale know in case it is an error or oversight. However, I also figured I'd mention it in case others are put off by there being no rewind feature, as I can imagine plenty of others missing it. I haven't seen reviews mention it yet anyway.

But on a whole, if you're not bothered about there being no rewind feature, the episode was good in my view.

PS: I'm guessing this might have something to do with the updated engine, but it still seems odd or like a oversight to not include the feature. It's funny really as well. I rarely make complaints, as many things are subjective anyway and I don't go looking for faults, but this is the second complaint I've made this year. Both of them have been about Telltale's Batman, the first being the rather high system requirements for the PC, as I have TWD S1 and S2 on the PC and I'm guessing I won't be able to play TWD S3 with the imports. Just that the system requirements seem a rather large jump from MIchonne and I can run Total War: Warhammer, Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4.

captainivy1 posted: »

Really, that's missing? I loved that feature, and it was really helpful in TWAU to get all of the trophies. I would never play the whole episode again just to (not) rip of Grens arm.

• Holy moly. I had like 6 comments from this thread, all edits by you. :)

Yea, and I am with you on everything you're saying. Making a lot of sense, all of it.

Rob_K posted: »

Yep, seems it. Unless I'm missing something obvious or it's a bug that's not been fixed, I'm only seeing the 'restart episode' option. I

• Sorry, I should really make sure posts are perfect before I post. Bad habit, I know. It can lead to people accusing me of saying things I haven't too, so that's another reason to knock it on the head.

On the plus side, I don't think this needs editing. ;)

captainivy1 posted: »

Holy moly. I had like 6 comments from this thread, all edits by you. Yea, and I am with you on everything you're saying. Making a lot of sense, all of it.

• I must not have paid attention to that feature then if TTG had it as I just played the whole episodes over.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.