Stuck at the Codex

There seems to be no way to back is you read the codex in the batcave. If you play the game with the controller 'B' will bring you to the Codex overview, but from there you can only go back into the codex with 'A'

can anyone confirm?

Comments

• Have the same exact problem, but with mouse/keyboard. I've pressed every relevant key, plus pretty much every other button on the keyboard just for kicks, without result. Kinda stopped what was a great experience dead in its tracks...

• A lot of people on steam are posting about this too. Just restart the game and avoid the codex. :\

• I experienced the same thing, I had to restart and chose not to look again at the codex, which pisses me off since I like to look at everything.

• You can still look at the codex once the game asks you to look at it. Before that, avoid it.

• Ya i just restarted the game

• Yep, happened to me too. Just don't look at the codex in that particular scene, it works in the later ones.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2016

Same here. From the looks of it, you're not technically stuck on the codex; the camera just doesn't turn away from the codex screen after you're done. If you try to move around, you can hear Bruce walking around the room. Not really helpful to us, but if Telltale has any intention of fixing this, that seems to be what's causing it; a faulty camera angle.

• Yeah, just as someone wouldn't want You to look for information in there ... Maybe it's done on purpose ?

• Ok, so it wasn't just me.

Yeah, basically had to return to the main menu and restart from there.

• edited August 2016

I had the same issue, but when I restarted the game I lost my save. I had to disable TTG cloud and then go through the intro again. Seems they are having a ton of bugs happening with episode 1 on steam.

• Same problem here. To fix it, I had returned to main menu and continued the game avoiding codex(in-game). Still, you can read it in main menu.

• Yep. Had the same problem.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.