My biggest problem with this episode.

Now before anybody starts throwing pitchforks at my face, I want to say that the episode was very well done and I'm really interested in what Telltale has in store for us and I really love how this game puts you in Bruce Wayne's shoes and get into his head a lot more in which other Batman games haven't quite achieved yet and I'm planning for a second playthrough.

What I don't particularly care for is the framerate....it's not very smooth to me and is rather inconsistent.

I played this on the PS4 and that seems to be the better version right now, but still the game runs at a somewhat choppy 30fps and occasionally goes for 60fps and vice versa, now this isn't much of an issue when it's just talking to other characters but when the action starts, it's a little difficult to keep track of what's going on sometimes and it kind of makes the action scenes seem a little more janky and stiff than they ought to be plus there's this weird sound delay glitch at the ending action scene and I noticed that the lip synching is a tad off at times.

It might be the new engine which is a shame since I think the game looks incredible with the added details on the clothing and Batman's armor and the rain effects at the end was a nice touch. I hope this gets sorted out cause I don't want a great experience like this to be tainted by technical issues.

Comments

• I'm sure Telltale is right on that. To be fair, technical issues was the only problem I had with the episode, and if that gets fixed then I have high hopes.

• I played this on the PS4 and that seems to be the better version right now

It is. I played it on PC earlier, I rarely got over 15 FPS, even on the lowest possible frame size. At it's worst, 5 FPS.

• I feel like Im the only person who's played and had a constant solid high frame rate. My only issues were I had cloud save enabled at first, but the game crashed as it tried to save, and I looked at the codex in the Batcave and had to restart.

• My issue right now is that I can't play this game on my laptop. I don't know how my big PC back home can handle this.

• Hmm. I'm probably the only who had no issues then. I played this on pc and the game worked perfectly. Stable 60 frames, no crashes. This was the first telltale game that had no stuttering.

• Are you playing on Laptop or a big PC?

Tolispro posted: »

Hmm. I'm probably the only who had no issues then. I played this on pc and the game worked perfectly. Stable 60 frames, no crashes. This was the first telltale game that had no stuttering.

• edited August 2016

PC. i5 4460, gtx 960 4GB and 8gb of ram

Are you playing on Laptop or a big PC?

• Yeah. The framerate was all over the damn place. They should just lock it at a steady 30 if they can.

• I played it on a laptop and everything was pretty smooth for me. I did run into a game breaking bug though, I had a look at the codex but when I tried to leave it just zoomed out of the bat computer a bit and it was blank. Had to close the game and reopen it.

• I played it on a laptop and everything was pretty smooth for me. I did run into a game breaking bug though, I had a look at the codex but when I tried to leave it just zoomed out of the bat computer a bit and it was blank. Had to close the game and reopen it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.