A female Joker?

It remains to be seen whether or not the Joker shows up in this season or the next, but could Telltale offer a more radical re-interpretation of the Joker by giving the role to a woman?

This idea isn't exactly new. During the DC series "Flashpoint," which depicted an alternate reality wherein Bruce was killed by Joe Chill instead of his parents, Martha Wayne went insane from the incident and became that universe's version of the Joker:

enter image description here

Now, I'm not advocating a sex change for the Joker simply as an underhanded gimmick. (GHOSTBUSTERS remake, anyone?) But at the very least, it would make for a hell of a post-end credits stinger if Bruce were to come across the body of a Jokerized victim, their face twisted into a grotesque grin, followed by a distinctly FEMALE laugh overwhelming the soundtrack...

Comments

• edited August 2016

No.

• I don't really want any version of the Joker honestly, he's too overused.

• If Joker does appear I hope its a really interesting take.

Technically something as unexpected as Harvey becoming the Joker could happen in this Telltale world, instead of Harvey becoming Two Face.

• Oh wow. Not sure how I'd feel about that.

Poogers555 posted: »

If Joker does appear I hope its a really interesting take. Technically something as unexpected as Harvey becoming the Joker could happen in this Telltale world, instead of Harvey becoming Two Face.

• Part of me suspects it might happen to Oz.

Poogers555 posted: »

If Joker does appear I hope its a really interesting take. Technically something as unexpected as Harvey becoming the Joker could happen in this Telltale world, instead of Harvey becoming Two Face.

• Listen, I don't think this would be a good move. Change for the sake of change alone nartively sucks! At least to "the fandom" But if DC's already done it the doors open for it. Just saying make it a choice ok. Make it "cannon"and it will ruin the flow, Besides Poison Ivy is practicaly made for the plot we've seen so far...just saying:)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.