Graphic Issues after changing video settings - game now unplayable

2»

Comments

• Frustratingly, in trying to research Desktop video capture software, I've hit upon a problem that is likely directly related to what is causing our bug.

Ideally, I'd be able to capture output as it is directly sent to the monitor - but because Optimus is actually causing the video card to switch output devices, and the recording software can only be attached to one source, I'm unable to capture in any kind of useful way that demonstrates the problem.

Using a camcorder would actually be more useful in this circumstance. :( Sadly, I don't have one.

I'm going to continue to try and mull over the problem. I know there's got to be a way to demonstrate the issue short of a screen sharing session.

(Though it'd be nice if Telltale in house had a laptop using Optimus to demonstrate the problem internally as well).

• edited August 2016

A Telltale staff member responded to people having issues. There will definitely be more patches. They've just run into some pretty difficult bugs.

"Hey all;

I'm not on the development team, but I do know that there is still work being done on patches and improvements across the board. This is not the experience that Telltale wants our players to have!

The best way to help us expedite fixes is to open a help ticket with our CS staff. Please provide the following information when you do so:

• Laptop or Desktop? PS4? XB1?
    • Where did you buy the game?
    • Your TTG user account
    • Your Steam/PSN/XBL user name

Also, for those having the black screen issue, here's a current workaround to at least get you past it while we work: https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/224726128-After-I-click-to-continue-the-game-loads-to-a-black-screen

Again, I understand that this sucks. Sometimes we're lucky and able to catch all these sorts of things before our products go live, but this one is proving to be quite challenging and tricky to track down. I promise we looked to see if someone had a ReducePerformance() function in the code, and it doesn't exist. :)

Threads here will be much harder to follow, so again I urge you to create a ticket and provide the information listed above. Also, while this is frustrating, please be respectful to the poor folks who are going through all of these. They're much better workers when their souls haven't been crushed, and we already have enough of their tears bottled up to last a lifetime".

sladerlmc77 posted: »

Frustratingly, in trying to research Desktop video capture software, I've hit upon a problem that is likely directly related to what is caus

• Still have not had a chance to try their latest suggestion (weekend was packed), and still have no way to capture video. Frustration levels increasing. Morale low. Send steak and potatoes. :(

• I just watched it on YouTube, im not going play this one :/

• Disconnect your computer from the internet entirely.

hemfbg posted: »

Thank you for the reply but unchecking the box has made no difference. Whether the box is checked or unchecked the window is still black, bu

• I tried that but still encountered a black window.

I just got a response from Telltale Support and they recommend that anyone having the black window issue tries the solutions on this page https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/224726128--RESOLVED-After-I-click-to-continue-the-game-loads-to-a-black-screen

I'd already tried a few of these, but I think setting it to Windows 8 compatibility mode is what did the trick. I can see Bruce Wayne again! However these solutions don't fix any resolution issues so I think they're still working on that.

papai46 posted: »

Disconnect your computer from the internet entirely.

• Just forwarded the following response to them, verbatim -

Hello XXXXXX,

As suspected, none of these solutions worked.

I and others have tried multiple things to resolve these issues. I've been reading multiple threads in the forums to try every other suggested solutions.

So far, the only commonality I have been able to see between all of the users experiencing this issue is that we are all running laptops with Nvidia cards. The only common issue seems to be optimus display switching.

Please forward this to the devs and have them test on a rig that uses Optimus to switch between the integrated and discrete video cards. If they do, they should be able to replicate the issue every time.

• I'm actually shocked telltale released this game in this condition. The mouse lags to the point of being unable to choose a chat option when responding to another character in a conversation, the controls up down right left etc doesnt recognize you pushed it unless you push it immediately, like before it even shows up on the screen... I love telltale games, and wasnt a big fan of batman... but bought it anyways because I love telltales style. Regardless of what settings I choose it doesnt make a difference in gameplay. Such a shame... it looked like it would have been enjoyable otherwise.

• Hi I Updated new patch, my game is lagin as hell, I have integrated motherboard. In some areas game runs 60 fps but all episode i just completed whit 15 - 20. Any suggestions, Ohh yea when i change to High performance In-Game my game looks blury not like it should be visuals changes to sh!t and when i change back to High Quality then it runs how it meant to run.

My Specs:
    Radeon R7 250 1gb DDR5
    4GB RAM
    WIN7 64BIT
    ATHLON II X2 260 3.20 GHZ

Sign in to comment in this discussion.