No Texture Graphic option?

Anyone else notice there is no Texture option in graphics section for this Telltale game?

Past telltale games had a Texture option before and it help adjust the game so it can perform better for players if their computer could not handle texture set to Ultra.

When a game is installed the Texture setting is normally in Ultra which requires a lot from a computer so if players could not handle Ultra they could set it to High, Medium, or Low setting which allowed the game to perform better.

Telltale may need to incorporate Texture Setting into Batman because without it the Graphic Texture level is set by default as Ultra which can hamper performance on people who do not have high stat level computers.

Also was there a reason why they did not incorporate Texture Graphic option this time? it would be hard to believe it was not incorporated just because the new Engine only accepts texture setting at Ultra.

Comments

• It seems when they updated the engine, they basically set the graphics to Ultra to try and highlight the small details on the clothing as well as the physics basically wanting the engine to look better than before.

• New update : Game now has a texture option

• However, according to freelance it didn't do shit.

New update : Game now has a texture option

• i don't see it in the game option.

Will it be updated/patch into the game later?

New update : Game now has a texture option

• According to a mod, they put in a patch that'll hopefully clear up the issues but it might not come for everyone right now.

EdwinL posted: »

i don't see it in the game option. Will it be updated/patch into the game later?

• If you are using steam you should already have the option by now. I dont know about other consoles

i don't see it in the game option. Will it be updated/patch into the game later?

• I'm using the Telltale client version.

If you are using steam you should already have the option by now. I dont know about other consoles

• Hmm ok thanks. i still have frame rate issues on pc

J-Master posted: »

According to a mod, they put in a patch that'll hopefully clear up the issues but it might not come for everyone right now.

• Ye. Just checked on steam, you can choose between "High Quality" and "High Performance" on Texture Quality under the graphics option

If you are using steam you should already have the option by now. I dont know about other consoles

• I think the lack of Low, Medium, and High option for texture is a bit of a bad move as not all players have computers that can handle a Ultra level graphic setting. It may show off the new engine but it also prevents certain people from playing the game or experiencing it as smooth as possible.

J-Master posted: »

It seems when they updated the engine, they basically set the graphics to Ultra to try and highlight the small details on the clothing as well as the physics basically wanting the engine to look better than before.

• The only major issue I'm having on the PS4 is an inconsistent frame rate in which it goes from a somewhat choppy 30fps and then suddenly to 60fps for a couple seconds and then remains a choppy 30 fps through tout the episode and I'm getting the feeling the game is supposed to be 60 fps since the title screen is 60 fps.

I think the lack of Low, Medium, and High option for texture is a bit of a bad move as not all players have computers that can handle a Ultr

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

According to the support article the Telltale store and GOG versions will be updated "very soon" ( yes that word again).

If you have the Telltale version or GOG version, we anticipate the patch will be available for these versions very soon. We will update this article when we have verified these versions also have the patch.

• The "High Quality" and "High Performance" option is a bit concerning.

Other games have that "High Quality" and "High Performance" option but it is not a Texture option.

In fact this type of option usually is a option to set all graphic options in the game to lowest quality.

Without a actual Texture option in graphic section then all it will set low is that ali-sync option which is really the only graphic option in the game and the Texture of the game will remain Ultra setting.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.