Request to optionally remove 'X Will remember that' notification

I'm not sure what others may think of this, but I would like to have an option to remove the 'X will remember that' notification that appears in the corner.
I tend to find that when I see these it adjusts my play style if I see a character remembers something I didn't expect them to, it also makes me start assuming how a character will react, potentially spoiling instances in future episodes for myself.

It would be great if we could disable these notifications, that way when the decision karma comes round at a later stage, it can be totally surprising, instead of, a moment where I go, "He did remember that, so I expected this reaction"

Anyone else's thoughts on the matter?

Also, on a side note, the failure of the smaller quicktime events during battle didn't really feel like I was punished for them, It felt more on rails than I am used to in a TellTale game.

Comments

• edited August 2016

Most of the time, I just couldn't tell if I was failing them or the following action was scripted that way. Then again, the last game I played with QTEs was Tomb Raider and I guess I can't expect Batman to suddenly get rebar through the face.

I wouldn't mind having an option to turn off the notices either. When it debuted, I always saw it as TTG patting themselves on the back. "Hey look, this will effect things!". I feel it's more important for repeated playthroughs to ensure you're doing things differently. Now, I just see it as a bit distracting. (X Noticed That) "...damnit".

• I think you can turn the notifications off.

• Do you know how? I couldn't find it in the options?

I think you can turn the notifications off.

• I actually don't mind the fact that missing a QTE isn't a bad thing. .-.; They were pretty quick and tricky this time around, so I thank the game for making up what I lack in reflexes. xD;

• I think there was only the option to turn them off in The Walking Dead.

I understand that it's kind of part of Telltale's identity, but I would definitely play with them turned off. Not because I want to be surprised by events/twists later on due to that choice, but instead because I know how unlikely it is that something like a dialogue choice will actually affect the plot. It's been ruining the immersion in the more recent games, IMO.

I think you can turn the notifications off.

• edited August 2016

You have been able to hide them pretty much almost every Telltale Games title since the Walking Dead Season 1. Tooltip however doesn't mention the part that it also hides "they will remember that" unless they changed something.

enter image description here

• Excellent, thank you. Just figured this out too, as I am doing a second playthrough where every option is just brooding silence, I changed that option and noticed they weren't showing up anymore.

Thanks!

Clord posted: »

You have been able to hide them pretty much almost every Telltale Games title since the Walking Dead Season 1. Tooltip however doesn't mention the part that it also hides "they will remember that" unless they changed something.

• edited August 2016

I use minimal too since the Walking Dead Season 1. I don't want to be told which choices the game actually memorizes.

ElWaster posted: »

Excellent, thank you. Just figured this out too, as I am doing a second playthrough where every option is just brooding silence, I changed that option and noticed they weren't showing up anymore. Thanks!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.