The chance to Redeem a villain

13»

Comments

• Well Harley Quinn doesn't appear at all. If that therapist is actually Harley Quinn they never actually mention her by name nor is she mentioned or seen at any point of the game,
    In the playthrough I mentioned Bruce rejects Selina's advances when he is at her house. I also refused to drink with her. The trouble is that no matter what you choose, Bruce is always going to stay the night (I assume it's because he's too injured to go anywhere or the fact he so conveniently fell asleep). So even if you didn't sleep with Selina, Harvey is always going to think that you did and hate you thereafter.

SilentmanX posted: »

What result you got out of it?

• Keep Harley the hell away from this series!

• Why?

AnimalBoy posted: »

Keep Harley the hell away from this series!

• Because she is absolutely, 100% overused in every single medium you can think of.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

Why?

• It's not as bad as the Joker. He's far more exposed.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Because she is absolutely, 100% overused in every single medium you can think of.

• Which is why Episode 5 would have to play through

Well Harley Quinn doesn't appear at all. If that therapist is actually Harley Quinn they never actually mention her by name nor is she menti

• Well this is that time again, and with season 2 we have some new villains we need to consider. The obvious is John Doe, which we all know as the soon-to-be Joker. Then there is Harleen Quinzel who will be Harley Quinn, then Bane, and Hugo Strange

Same as always, who do you think should be redeemed? Harleen I'm aiming to save, but then there is Joh Doe

Opinion?

• edited August 2017

The thing with Joker is that, I really can't see him ever being redeemed. There are certain constants in each of these characters that, regardless of canon, shouldn't be messed with too much. Batman's rule of no killing is a good example of that. With Joker, while I hope they make him more complex, I hope they don't dive too much into his remaining humanity. What I have always loved about the Joker is that he has no baggage: he loves doing what he does. Not for revenge, money, or because the world hates him, but because it amuses him.

My prediction with Joker in this series is that he gradually learns where he belongs in life. Within Arkham, he enjoyed toying with people and seeing the fruits of his influence occur outside in the real world. I actually believe he had a connection to Vicki Vale; she was familiar with the patients of Arkham, so it's not too much of a stretch for her to have interviewed John on the basis of seeing if he was there on account of Thomas Wayne. He sweet talks her, learns her past, and convinces her to do something about her dark desires. He is trying to the same with Bruce. What I love about Joker is he brings out the worst in everyone. Everyone tries to change him, but he remains exactly the same, while everyone around him changes for the worse, except Batman.

He knows he has a wicked sense of humor and no empathy for people, aside from perhaps those he feels a connection with, but has only known life within walls. Now that he is free, he is learning his true calling; becoming a criminal mastermind and throwing his humor onto the world. He will try to blend into society, but will find it much too difficult. He has been forced to bury this dark piece of him away, but we can see it crying out to the surface. When he embraces it finally, Gotham is going to feel it and very violently.

I am not looking forward to a redemption arc for Joker, but I would love scenes in which we can reason with him, but in the end, the Joker realizes that this is what he was born to do. That in itself could really be the one tragic aspect of the character; the idea that he does not want to remember his past or have a normal life. He feels destined to be a villain because he is just so good at it and enjoys it far too much to ever give it up.

• i think there s a chance with Harley but i think the closest we might get With the joker is delaying his rise to crime because Joker needs to eventually need to become Batman s nemesis no matter what the medium.

• edited August 2017

Wonder if I would just pit Joker against Amanda and have the Agency have him

• I would very much like to redeem Harleen before she becomes Harley Quinn. That would be my goal if it happens

• That's where you're wrong; Telltale's batman is full of surprised. Vicki is supposed to be an ally on any other Batman medium, but turns villain instead.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

i think there s a chance with Harley but i think the closest we might get With the joker is delaying his rise to crime because Joker needs to eventually need to become Batman s nemesis no matter what the medium.

• edited August 2017

A redemption arc would be far more interesting and its never used. I would really like to see the "human" side of Joker. Similarly to Harvey, this is what makes a character non one dimensional and interesting.

alucard0667 posted: »

The thing with Joker is that, I really can't see him ever being redeemed. There are certain constants in each of these characters that, rega

• edited August 2017

Well, not in my opinion. After having so many villains with tragic backstories, it's refreshing to have a villain just laugh at all the sob stories and just do bad things for the sake of it. I admit it's not overly complex, but that's what I've always loved about the Joker. His relationship with Bruce is something that hasn't really been done before, so that it keeping it fresh enough for me.

ScootyZ posted: »

A redemption arc would be far more interesting and its never used. I would really like to see the "human" side of Joker. Similarly to Harvey, this is what makes a character non one dimensional and interesting.

• Episode 4 and we have a choice to have a vigilante Joker. Since this is the closest for a redeem villain, or whatever, would this continue until the end of episode 5 of season 2? Have Joker remain a vigilante and become an anti-hero?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.