Patch of non-Steam PC versions

I'm running the PC version of Batman bought directly from the Telltale store, and as far as I can tell the performance-fixing patch hasn't been applied. It hasn't seemed to download anything on start-up, despite repeated tests throughout the day, and there's no sign of the new texture option in the graphics setting. It's not available anywhere on my profile page that I can see - I even went so far as to re-download the entire game, without effect.

What gives? I'm hoping I've missed something, because it would be fairly disappointing if buying directly from your store resulted in substandard support compared to the Steam version.

Comments

• A previous Support article said that currently, the patch is only released on the Steam version.

• That is, frankly, unacceptable. It's a PC issue across the board - it makes no sense whatsoever that people who bought from GOG, or again, the store literally managed by the company that made the game, to be treated as second class users here. It's certainly an argument against using the Telltale store ever again, and plain poor customer support. And too bad, given how much I enjoyed the game otherwise, despite performance issues.

Like I said in the original post, it's disappointing, to say the least.

• By the way, I want to make clear that I'm not aiming this at you, Sniper - I know moderating this board is a volunteer gig, and you helpfully answered my question. Just venting a bit.

Winther posted: »

That is, frankly, unacceptable. It's a PC issue across the board - it makes no sense whatsoever that people who bought from GOG, or again, t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.