Hopes/Wishes for the upcoming episodes?

First I would like to say that I really enjoyed the first episode, from the style to the gameplay! I also like the idea that TellTale is doing their own thing like Oswald being childhood friends with Bruce. Oh and that cliffhanger is how it’s done, guys [AMC’s The Walking Dead]. With that said, I started thinking about what I hope for in the rest of the episodes based on episode 1. What are some of your hopes/wishes for the next 4 episodes? Mine are down below.

Difficult choices: I hope choices become harder than they were for any previous TellTale game. I don’t want it to be “choose option 1 because you like [person] or option 2 because you dislike [person].” Make characters not so clear. Prime example would be Falcone; sure he’s a mobster, but if he’s more honorable and charismatic, it becomes harder to not see things his way. In other words, I want to feel more pressure in my choices. Like the choice with keeping the tickets or tearing them up, that was too easy imo. I feel like the hardest choice in the episode was whether or not to give a quote to Vicki Vale.

Characters: Some characters are just plain bad, like Joker, Killer Croc, etc. But villains like Catwoman, Two-Face, or Mr. Freeze, are more in the gray area of good and bad. So with someone like Harvey Dent, I want to actually have a chance to be friends with him. I want to see his good side, but he’s really reminding me of Beast from TWAU. He’s big, but not intimidating at all, soft-spoken, and clueless. The story seems to imply that Harvey’s a smart guy who has accomplished a lot given his position, but interactions with him in episode one doesn’t seem like that. I know he means well, or at least I believe he does but feel that he’s too insecure. Vicki Vale, I never liked her character in any incarnation! So if TellTale can somehow make her a great character, rather than a nosey pest that may or may not be a love interest then I’ll sing praises for years. Catwoman can rarely be done wrong; I’ve got no complaints there. However, I didn’t understand why there wasn’t an option to play dumb in your conversation with her. When I’m playing as Bruce, I act as if I’m weak or naïve – most of the time.

Gameplay: When I miss a button, I don’t want it working out anyway, I actually want to see my mistake. Like the sequence in the intro would have been very cool if each time you made a mistake, you’ll see Bruce with the injuries – consequences of your actions. I’m wishing on my knees that people will not overexaggerate anymore. I broke the sniper’s ribs and arm after he murdered cops and his own men, and Alfred said I nearly killed him. I don’t like that. I don’t want to feel like I’m being scolded each time I make a decision that tends to be a little on the brutal side. Even after Batman breaks his arm, he said something like, “You’ll never hold a gun straight with that hand again.” I fucking loved that line! I know Alfred’s the fatherly type, but I just don’t want a repeat of TWAU. Anytime you showed some aggression in TWAU, someone will act like you just ripped someone’s arm off (sorry, Grendel). Again, I don’t want to feel like things are either you’re GOOD or BAD. Like some people will do an “asshole playthrough” of TellTale games for fun, but I want it to be hard to do that in this game. I loved TWAU, still want a season 2, but that ending where everyone’s shouting at you still riles me up – so thankful for the ability to tell them to fuck off, though!

Anyway, this is my first post on the site. Sorry if I rambled too long, repeated myself, or offended anyone. Thanks if you took time to read all of it.

Comments

• Killer croc ain't flat out evil just insane due to his mutation.

• I'd also say due to the discrimination that goes along with it.

zeke10 posted: »

Killer croc ain't flat out evil just insane due to his mutation.

• edited August 2016

Welcome to the forums!

I wanna see a big bad guy being the main villain of the season but also keeping the "are the waynes corrupted" subplot . Someone pulling the strings, controlling people ( Like the Crooked man in a way). If I had to choose then I'd probably pick the court of owls. I think It'd make for a very interesting villain. I also want the Penguin to be a secondary villain, not too important to the story but important enough. It'd be awesome if Harvey's transformation depends on our choices throughout the episodes. If his transformation to two face were to happen in episode 4, I want it to be determinant based on all of our choices in the first three episodes. IF the accident happens, I want to have the option to keep Harvey sane. For example how we treat Harvey who's our friend. If we betray him or somehow do something that harms him. Stuff like this might make Harvey lose his faith in people and lose it. Also, if we romance catwoman then she might break up with Harvey which will have a big impact to his character. A few stuff that can determine whether Harvey will become two face or not should be based on choices like supporting Harvey when asked, helping him when he needs you, not romancing catwoman so she stays with Harvey (if you do, they break up), Harvey becoming mayor. Harvey becoming mayor could be based on your choices. For example, if you are not nice to falcone in ep1 then falcone won't support Harvey in the elections which will make Harvey lose the elections.

Another thing that was not done in episode 1 is choosing who you want to reveal your secret identity to. For example, I didn't want to reveal my identity to Selina but the game forces you to just for the sake of the plot ( which is understandable since catwoman is a major character, just don't let this happen again.). I want the people who know my identity to be chosen only by myself.

Last but not least, It'd be cool to choose who you want to arrest. They kind of did that in twau where you can tell to snow who you suspect and you can also choose which one to interrogate near the end of ep 1 (woodsman or twiddle dum or something. I don't remember his name xD). It'd be AMAZING to gather your clues, talk to witnesses and have the option to arrest which one of the suspects you want based on the evidence.

• Im kinda expecting some sort of "Reveal your identity" to either Viki or Gordon, although I think being able to reveal that you are actually Batman to Viki would be alot more interesting and my gut kinda tells me that will be a future choice with her.

Also, Oz will also probably find out that Bruce is Batman.

I also hope for some more Catwoman/Seilina Kyle interactions, so far it looks like we will be working together in episode 2, but her character is extremely interesting, and I loved the scene where we find out she's Catwoman and she finds out we're Batman.

• That the framerate and other issues are fixed.

• It's funny that you mentioned the court of owls, I believe there was a hint of that with the old married couple at the party. The wife said something like, "Our families should flock together like birds." I raised my eyebrow so high lol. But yeah, I totally like your ideas about Harvey. I feel like there's a huge opportunity there for us to get close to him. I want reasons to like him, to want to help him, legitimate ones. Harvey in The Animated Series, he had his good and bad sides before the accident. But the friendship between him and Bruce was not forced, you understood why Bruce would be his friend. I understand this may be a new take on the character, but I want that internal conflict of if/when we confront him as Batman. Also to add onto your idea of who to arrest, I also want the choice to do it with either brutal ways, or peaceful ways. The brutality doesn't need bone-breaking results all the time either because Batman is known to be very harsh on criminals. Finally, yeah I really don't want to be forced to reveal/confirm my true identity with anyone anymore. It even irks me that Alfred says "Bruce" while I'm Batman tbh.

Tolispro posted: »

Welcome to the forums! I wanna see a big bad guy being the main villain of the season but also keeping the "are the waynes corrupted" sub

• It's a little choppy at times, and for me I had moments where their eyes or teeth would pop out for a split second. So yeah, I agree. But it wasn't too bad, I find them bearable.

That the framerate and other issues are fixed.

• I really like what they're doing with Catwoman so far, not treating her like she's precious and fragile. She took one hell of a punch from Batman several times, and still managed to hold her own in a believable way. THAT is how you write a good female character, even her personality is not exaggerated. So yeah I love how she is now, and hope they continue doing good by her. Speaking of which, I don't want to be forced into any romance with either her or Vicki, I prefer it to be by my choice alone. Not a choose Vicki or Catwoman thing. Now Oswald, I can't wait to see how they make that character turn out. I just really hope it's not gonna be another Georgie from TWAU. I don't know what to think of him as of yet, but I'd prefer he only find out Batman is Bruce based on poor choices.

Poogers555 posted: »

Im kinda expecting some sort of "Reveal your identity" to either Viki or Gordon, although I think being able to reveal that you are actually

• A character, maybe a villian, that both Batman and Bruce Wayne can relate to. I see potential in characters in ep. 1, like Catwoman, but she seems to enjoy her whole thing completely. The best kind of villians are those with good intentions and are like the hero except gone wrong.

• First and foremost I want Bruce's parents to actually be corrupt. I love that cliffhanger so if there's some "there's more to it" bullshit, it'll be ruined for me.

More Oz! I love Oz so much. He's a really cool character and I want to see more of him.

• I'm hoping that we get to see Barbara Gordan and Dick Grayson at some point in future episodes.

I'd also like to feel more pressured in the difficult decisions. For me, it was the whole Falcone private meeting. I kept feeling very tempted to make it clear I don't wanna be friends with him, but instead I played the nice guy act with him.

• Agreeing about Oz. My god that was insanely awesome reinterpretation.

I believe that the Wayne's were involved with the mob but not in the way it seems. At the very least I doubt they were the super evil crime family everyone now sees them as.

AgentZ46 posted: »

First and foremost I want Bruce's parents to actually be corrupt. I love that cliffhanger so if there's some "there's more to it" bullshit,

• I mean pure evil might be a bit much but I want them to be corrupt.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Agreeing about Oz. My god that was insanely awesome reinterpretation. I believe that the Wayne's were involved with the mob but not in the way it seems. At the very least I doubt they were the super evil crime family everyone now sees them as.

• Barbara seems possible to me. As Gordon's a major character and she was actually mentioned in his codex.

I'm hoping that we get to see Barbara Gordan and Dick Grayson at some point in future episodes. I'd also like to feel more pressured in t

• edited August 2016

Bruce's parents being corrupted would be really interesting. It could mean that they only stooped to illegal actions to help Gotham, or being flat-out evil would both be interesting. (I prefer the first one.)

And yeah, Oz may be my favorite character.

First and foremost I want Bruce's parents to actually be corrupt. I love that cliffhanger so if there's some "there's more to it" bullshit,

• edited August 2016

I'm liking the way Telltale have reimagined Oswald Cobblepot, both visually and as a former best-friend and contemporary of Bruce Wayne's.

I'm now wondering if they're bold enough (or foolish enough, given some of the inevitable fanboy backlash!) to reimagine The Joker in such a way that his appearance actually shocks us.

Part of me wants Telltale to avoid The Joker because he seems to be at the heart of every major Batman story; but part of me wants Telltale to blow our minds with their unique and twisted version of The Joker. I mean, to be honest, I'm just as sick of characters like Mr Freeze, Hugo Strange and The Riddler after playing the Arkham series and watching shows like Gotham.

I'd also have great respect for Telltale if they did what Rocksteady pretended they were doing in Arkham Knight, and gave Batman a completely original villain to fight. Someone so good that he (or she) becomes a permanent member of Batman's rogues' gallery.

• I think they'll show up in season 2

I'm hoping that we get to see Barbara Gordan and Dick Grayson at some point in future episodes. I'd also like to feel more pressured in t

• I'd like to start of by saying that I very much enjoyed the first episode of the Batman series, telltale have really got me interested in the series already. I truly hope they manage to build from where we (the players) have stopped.
    My hopes/wishes
    1) Storyline- From this point of the story, I would like much more intense dialogue and intense responses from Bruce/Batman. I feel that finding out the truth about his parents will set him off a conflicting pathway in the story. He has an alter ego that he is also fighting to control, and with the news of his parents I want to see that struggle from the choices that are offered to the player. I want to be able to make choices that will really stir up drama and entertainment in the story. Furthermore, I want ally's and enemies to play more of a role in the choices that the player makes, I feel that the more they are involved, the more harder it is to make decisions in the game, which would ultimately lead to more interesting outcomes.

2) Relationship developments (Rivalries/Love Interests)- I loved how the relationships with different characters were clearly initiated from the first episode. Specifically with regards to Harvey Dent, Oswalt, Vickie Vale and Selina Kyle. I feel that Bruce and Harvey's friendship needs to become a reivalry to be honest. I feel as though Harvey is only in it for himself, and would gladly set up Bruce to get rid of competition. Harvey is a shady guy and I want to see him demonstrate that side rather than this polite sophisticated bs that hes trying to fool the players into endulging. I want a rivalry between Wayne and Dent in the next two episodes. With regards to Oswalt, we already know that Oswalt is intending on ruining Bruce's enterprice and is willing to do anything to take control of gotham, already that has set off a rivalry between them two, which I find interesting. I'd like more confrontations with these two and perhaps one a particular occasion for Oswalt to meet Batman! I would like a fight sequence with Batman and Oswalt at some point because I think that's where the story is building up to. A showdown is very common, especially with the telltale series, so I hope to see a lot of action in the next few episodes, however I anticipate this happening in episodes 4-5. I would like to see Bruce and Vickie Vale get closer, and more personal with eachothers private lives, and more intense and brooding dialoge. I desire to see a relationship forming, and I want the relationship between them two to develop nicely. Not like Bigby and Snow in TWAU, because that was just proffesional, and tbh it killed alot of the dialogue because it was always cut short. I want something different with Bruce and Vickie, Vickie should be interested in Bruce, and Bruce should be decisive on what he tells her and how he behaves with her. Lastly, with Selina Kyle I really enjoyed Bruce's dialogue with her, they were teasing eachother and having their own agendas while Harvey was clueless about their previous interactions. I'd like to see more scenes with Batman and Catwoman, both of them kicking ass would be epic! Maybe a few more scenes of Bruce and Selina, and perhaps another relationship interest (love interests). Intense dialogue and extreme choices, that's what I'd like more of with regards to these two.

3) Environment- So far I have enjoyed the scenes in the game and the areas of the episode. However I'd like more scenes in the city, and some other scenes in more secluded places. For example, I'd like opportunities to visit peoples homes, got to hospitals, Police Stations, Parks, Warehouses, City Buildings, Streets, Highways etc. I'd like more diversity in the environment, more options during the fighting sequences, and more creative ideas brought to the scenes. I'd like the characters to also change ther clothing every few scenes when convenient! However, I think the more diverse the locations of the episodes, the more interesting it'll be.

That's my hopes and wishes for the next 4 episodes of the episodic Batman series. I can only hope that telltale continue their great work and not let us down in this series. I haven't been disappointed so far! I'm really enjoying the series and I have high hopes for the next 4 episodes!

• I hope the next episode be better, the first episode wasn't that good, you know, good as (walking dead, wolf among us , tales from the borderlands), by the way, the graphics got better. much better

• I really do like this idea of having the Waynes actually be corrupt, this can be a great concept.

• Croc could certainly add some nightmare fuel and with that M rating imagine the shit he'll do.

• Yeah, you're very right about Joker. He's one of my favorite characters of all time, but I rather they save him for the season finale as a teaser for the second season. I'll be more impressed if they managed to do this without him, it'd be a challenge. Although I'd want something new, I wouldn't want anything like a Frank Miller version of Joker like Dark Knight Returns or All Star. In DKR he's buff (like Harvey), and in All Star he's serious and doesn't find himself funny. Again, a new take on Joker would be exciting, but there are some essential traits.

Achilles321 posted: »

I'm liking the way Telltale have reimagined Oswald Cobblepot, both visually and as a former best-friend and contemporary of Bruce Wayne's.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.