What could happen to Bruce Wayne?

Perhaps the most interesting part of Telltale's new game is the emphasis on becoming Bruce Wayne, not just Batman. Already we have entertained guests at his mansion, held a press conference, visited old friends...and now the plot seems to be focusing on his family's possible ties to the criminal underworld.

My question is this: What sort of situations do you think Bruce Wayne (not Batman!) will find himself in as he investigates this conspiracy to undermine his family legacy?

Personally, I suspect Bruce Wayne might end up getting tossed into Arkham Asylum...picture this: Bruce Wayne uncovers a suspect who is responsible for framing his family. As he interrogates that person's motives, he begins to lose his sense of calm and begins beating a confession out of them (alternatively, the suspect may injure himself to implicate Bruce Wayne). Unbeknownst to Bruce, Commissioner Gordon and his police arrive on the scene and witness him standing over the wounded suspect. With Bruce Wayne already implicated in a crime, and now apparently showing violent behavior, he is arrested...and is sentenced to Arkham Asylum for an indefinite amount of time.

There, Bruce Wayne could continue his investigation by gathering intel from inmates who may have an idea who the main threat is...or, perhaps introduce Hugo Strange, and have him psychoanalyze Bruce Wayne...allowing the player to sculpt the subconscious fears and desires he has.

Then have an amazing escape sequence. The potential for fun goes on and on.

Comments

• edited August 2016

Great idea. I think it's very possible. Arkham has been heavily foreshadowed, as has the terrible treatment of its inmates.

Another cool scene to play would be Bruce being psychoanalyzed by Dr. Jonathan Crane (AKA Scarecrow).

In fact, is it possible that the gas canister that exploded in the docks in Episode 1 is Crane's fear toxin? It sent the policeman crazy.

• I have a feeling Bruce might end up getting arrested and sent to jail at some point.

• Kicked out of his mansion by police,Cobblepot, or the people of Gotham. Making him/the player feel this giant urge to become the Batman that much stronger.

• the cover of episode 3 has oz in front of wayne tower, i think oz will take over waynes family assets and will send bruce to arkham

• Playing in jail would be so awesome.

• Looking at the episode list with the Episode 4 cover art, we'll be arrested. My guess is at the end of episode 3 it ends with the GCPD arriving to take Bruce into custody for the cliff hanger.Then the first part of episode 4 is us in jail maybe. I wonder if we'll be given a chance to escape, making the situation even worse for Bruce or try to convince them we are innocent. I could see a dialogue battle with Gordon or Montoya and depending on our choices as Bruce Wayne, It could go in many ways.

• It looked like oz being arrested due to the coat

Looking at the episode list with the Episode 4 cover art, we'll be arrested. My guess is at the end of episode 3 it ends with the GCPD arriv

• edited August 2016

I went back and looked at the episode 3 cover art and episode 4 cover art again and I agree with you, but it could also be Bruce. It's possible that Oz takes over the mansion at some point during episode 3 and raids the wardrobe.

I think we may have a choice regarding him getting arrested, maybe we find some hard evidence on him during our investigations as Batman and can give it to Gordon to ensure Oz gets locked away for awhile, or hold it, making his sentence lighter.

They are in front of Arkham Asylum, so maybe he does something there to warrant the arrest and it is out of our hands.

gmc1992 posted: »

It looked like oz being arrested due to the coat

• Maybe penguin or the court does something to implicate bruce in something that gets him sent to arkham, one of the achievements for chapter says a serious house(if you read comics you would probably get the reference)

I went back and looked at the episode 3 cover art and episode 4 cover art again and I agree with you, but it could also be Bruce. It's possi

• Good opinion

Achilles321 posted: »

Great idea. I think it's very possible. Arkham has been heavily foreshadowed, as has the terrible treatment of its inmates. Another cool

• What could happen to Bruce Wayne?

one thing for sure, he can't die

• How come? Its Telltale's interpretation. They can do pretty much whatever the hell they want.

joriandrake posted: »

What could happen to Bruce Wayne? one thing for sure, he can't die

• lol

I send Telltale a cake if they do it

How come? Its Telltale's interpretation. They can do pretty much whatever the hell they want.

• edited August 2016

Arkham Asylum, a place where opening a single cell door is a way out of there.

That facility's security is often shown to be lackluster in many iterations.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.