We're finally getting longer episodes

Comments

• Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands had episodes about the same length, sometimes longer even. Are you speaking from experience of Walking Dead Season 2 or Wolf Among Us (or Michonne) being your last Telltale game?

• edited August 2016

Oh wow, I never played borderlands but I always thought game of thrones was pretty short (my memory may be tricking me, but the pov's are a possible reason I'm thinking that). My batman play though was nearly two hours.

Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands had episodes about the same length, sometimes longer even. Are you speaking from experience of Walking Dead Season 2 or Wolf Among Us (or Michonne) being your last Telltale game?

• I got a little over 2 hours. Feels like this should be the norm.

• Like Blind Sniper said, Tales and Thrones were all pretty much the same length, around 2 hours long (with the exception being Episode 5 of GOT). Minecraft has gone back and forth, some are around 2 hours, some are an hour and a half, and Episode 2 is barely an hour.

• Nah those are just lags...

• The last episode of Tales is Telltales longest episode, its average run time is 2 hours and 15 - 30 mins.

AAA_Jane posted: »

Oh wow, I never played borderlands but I always thought game of thrones was pretty short (my memory may be tricking me, but the pov's are a possible reason I'm thinking that). My batman play though was nearly two hours.

• Episode 2 of Minecraft took me 25 minutes actually. RIP

Like Blind Sniper said, Tales and Thrones were all pretty much the same length, around 2 hours long (with the exception being Episode 5 of G

• This happens with every Telltale series. The first episode is generally a little more than 2 hours. The following are all 90 minutes generally

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2016

Not always. Season 2 consistently had episodes that were 90 minutes long, and Season 1 of Walking Dead had episodes that varied in length; I think Episode 104 of Walking Dead was the longest one. 90 Minutes was a playtime Telltale generally aimed for during Season 2/Wolf, but they since have moved on to more varied episode lengths, which seems to average at 1 hour and 45/50 minutes.

I personally like episodes that are around two hours, or two and a half hours minimum.

Clemenem posted: »

This happens with every Telltale series. The first episode is generally a little more than 2 hours. The following are all 90 minutes generally

• I thought Starved for Help was the longest.

Poogers555 posted: »

The last episode of Tales is Telltales longest episode, its average run time is 2 hours and 15 - 30 mins.

• Older Telltale episodes prior to Walking Dead were around 3-5 hours long on average. Walking Dead's success pushed Telltale to produce shorter episodes in future series.

I thought Starved for Help was the longest.

• Well I usually measure the old ones as equal length to Telltale, because I went through some of them a second time, not having to spend time to figure things out and they were the same length. I think what adds so much extra time to the older episodes was the puzzles.

Older Telltale episodes prior to Walking Dead were around 3-5 hours long on average. Walking Dead's success pushed Telltale to produce shorter episodes in future series.

• Nah. The game is 2:00 min.

Leluch123 posted: »

Nah those are just lags...

• We'll have to wait see if this was a first episode thing or just the average length of an ep for this series.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I still think 2 hours is the sweet spot for episode length. Not too short, but not too long. Long enough to fit in a decent amount of story and character development and give the players their money's worth, short enough so that someone could finish it in one sitting without it feeling like it's dragging on (in all honesty, there's some moments in S1 that even on repeat playthroughs seem to drag on a bit more than they need to), which I remember them mentioning as one of the things they started to aim for after TWD.

Not always. Season 2 consistently had episodes that were 90 minutes long, and Season 1 of Walking Dead had episodes that varied in length; I

• I honestly think Tales from the borderlands and game of thrones hit the perfect sweet spots in terms of pacing and length. Hopefully Batman can go into that direction.

Deltino posted: »

I still think 2 hours is the sweet spot for episode length. Not too short, but not too long. Long enough to fit in a decent amount of story

• I just went on youtube and looked for the average run time for each episode.

Tales from the borderlands ($4.99CAD/episode)

• Ep1&5: 2hrs
    • Ep2-4: 1hr45

Game of Thrones ($4.99CAD/episode)

• Ep1&6: 2hrs
    • Ep2-4: 1hr45
    • Ep5: 1hr20-30

The Walking Dead Michonne ($14.99CAD for all three)

• Ep1: 1hr20
    • Ep2: 1hr
    • Ep3: 1hr

Minecraft ($5.99CAD/episode)

• Ep1: 1hr 20
    • Ep2: 50min-1hr
    • Ep3: 1hr20-30
    • Ep4: 1hr40-50
    • Ep5: 1hr30
    • Ep6: 1hr30
    • Ep7: 1hr30

Batman ($6.99CAD/episode)

• Ep1: 2hrs

I would hope that Batman has longer episodes like Tales from the Borderlands. I would really hate to go from a 2hr episode to a 1hr15min episode or something.

• 2 mins huh?

Lord_EAA posted: »

Nah. The game is 2:00 min.

• Yeah but at the same time, Walking Dead Season 1 had a ton of puzzles, and episode 2 had a side mission of fixing the swing, and having to walk around giving people food and things like that.

In terms of just straight up story, Id say Tales ep 5 is the longest.

I thought Starved for Help was the longest.

• 2 hours MINIMUN. As in you HAVE to at least play two hours for it to end.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

2 mins huh?

• Batman felt a bit shorter too me, but that's probably because I started after the cat woman fight and I was playing through a tiny window, but I hit 110 minutes and loved the hell out of it. I don't mind if the other episodes are 90 minutes, but if all the episodes were the same length as the premiere that would be swell.

• I swear to God, the 2nd episode of Michonne legit took me a half hour to complete. It was so much fun but then I blinked and before I knew it, I got the "Next Time" reel.

Wigams posted: »

I just went on youtube and looked for the average run time for each episode. Tales from the borderlands ($4.99CAD/episode) * Ep1&

• For me the episode felt longer. Maybe it is because that the episodes spans at least four days and Bruce/Batman are busy both with their personal and vigilant life.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.