What's your favourite line from Episode 1?

There's some great writing and voice-acting in this episode.

I'm curious to know what your favourite line/passage of dialogue is so far, and what it is about that line/passage that really impressed you! : )

I'll get us started. It happens near the beginning of the game, on the City Hall roof, when Batman confronts Catwoman for the first time.

Catwoman looks up at Bats and says, "I was wondering if we'd cross paths."

And Batman -- in a powerful, self-assured voice -- replies, "You broke the law. Here I am."

"You broke the law. Here I am." I love the way it's phrased: as if that's the way the city works now. You break a law, and Batman kicks your ass. No exceptions. Like a force of nature. lol

Comments

• "I'm going to put you in a cage"
    That was golden,right? Right? Anyone?

• "I won't break!"

"Your bones will."

• I loved that line!

"I won't break!" "Your bones will."

• I have a few.

Batman: "You know you can bleed to death without ever spilling a drop, all on the inside" Only Batman can scare you by saying random facts.

Oswald Cobblepot: "A revolution is knocking on Gotham's door, and I'm here to let it in" Oz has so many lines that I love. He's my favourite character and he had literally one scene in the entire episode.

Bruce Wayne: "The suit, the car, this entire cave. Everything I built. I created all of this because I didn't want anymore innocent people to die. If Falcone's telling the truth about my parents, then what the hell did we do this for!?" My favourite. That was such a great scene.

• "Don't let tombstones be your family legacy."

• Every single goddamn line Oz said.

• Literally anything Batman said with the voice changer. It's not really Batman but it still sounds amazingly cool

• "Start talking, or I'll start swinging."

• edited August 2016

Yeah, I love it, actually ... much more than I do in BvS. I also love how Batman just taps hidden sensors on his cowl to activate his voice changer and detective vision. This is already one of my favourite versions of Batman ... although it's easy to be biased when you're the one controlling him, because that creates a powerful personal connection we don't have with other versions of the character.

P.S. Okay, I went a little off topic in my own thread. Sorry. lol

Clemenem posted: »

Literally anything Batman said with the voice changer. It's not really Batman but it still sounds amazingly cool

• "I hope you're enjoying my wine.. it's more expensive than you."

I kinda regretted it after realizing how it was a serious event but I was dying of laughter.

• ALFRED!?

• Ooh, oooh, this episode was a goldmine of cool lines to quote!

"Hi, Bruce!" had me in stitches. Love that line.

"Then let's put you in a cage" was sooo cheesy but good too.

"I've got some rocks to collect. Cheers." All of Oz's lines were superb but this was my favourite.

-Please, Selina.
    -Oh, so you can say please if you want!
    It's probably not the exact quote but I liked that exchange.

There's so many of those. I'd say the majority of dialogue was superb and I'd have to quote the whole script

• edited August 2016

"Beat it!".

enter image description here

• Sometimes... you need a monster - Bruce

Old families like ours should flock together, you know. Like birds. Court of owls anyone? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Vicky: Mr. Wayne, you've got something on your collar. Is that... blood?

enter image description here (source)

• Bruce is a playa.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Vicky: Mr. Wayne, you've got something on your collar. Is that... blood? (source)

• "They need something to fear."

• Time to put you in a cage.

Time to live up to my reputation.

• What a legend.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Vicky: Mr. Wayne, you've got something on your collar. Is that... blood? (source)

• edited August 2016

Some of the lines I wanted to use have already been posted! that is alright though. I chose the "enjoy my wine" line on my first playthrough thinking he would made a sarcastic joke, needless to say I was surprised haha! I also really liked the voice modifier!

"Answers! Now! or you fall!" - An awesome and threatening line.

" Someone has to be the good guy."
    " I suppose you think that makes me a bad girl."
    " Well, aren't you?" - I loved the look on Bruces face as he asked that, and how jokingly he brushed her away from his true reason for being Batman.In my mind, that is what it felt like. Someone else may disagree.

" Hey Bruce, you mind if we swap cars? I mean, mine isn't fast and the paint is rusting off...but boy does she have charm."

• LOL same here, as soon as I realized that the guests took it personally I realized how much of a dick Bruce appeared to be.

NotJustin posted: »

"I hope you're enjoying my wine.. it's more expensive than you." I kinda regretted it after realizing how it was a serious event but I was dying of laughter.

• Me too. I thought it was going to be sarcastic. I made a mistake :(

NotJustin posted: »

"I hope you're enjoying my wine.. it's more expensive than you." I kinda regretted it after realizing how it was a serious event but I was dying of laughter.

• Time to live up to my reputation.

Oooh, that's a good one too.

MatthewPaul posted: »

Time to put you in a cage. Time to live up to my reputation.

• edited August 2016

Another cool little passage that I got playing my canon, takes-no-nonsense, even from pretty women, Bruce/Batman:

Selina: "You owe me. If [my clients] don't get what they want, there will be consequences. I don't like consequences."

Bruce: "I don't owe you anything." (And he's right! Selina's trying to guilt him for stealing something that she stole. The nerve.) "As far as I'm concerned, you're on your own."

Selina: "Ah ... I was hoping we could work together."

Bruce: "Sorry. I'm a solo act."

• The writing there is exceptional. lol

Leluch123 posted: »

ALFRED!?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.