PS4 Framerate is bad :(

Hello,

Never played a Telltale game before, got The Walking Dead from some sales, but haven't played it yet.
After finishing Life is Strange (amazing) i get the hang of it, and as a Batman fanboy i started episode 1 today.

But the framerate is really awfull on PS4, and it is not an amazing looking game (of course it is, in its own way!) like Uncharted 4 or Arkham knight to name a few.

The PC version has got a fix, but does the ps4 get a fix as well?

I'm looking forward for this series, but as time is limited, i don't want to mess around with annoyance about the framerate (stable 30 fps would be fine!) And rather spend my gaming time into games wich at least run smooth :(:(

Comments

• How far into the game are you? I play on PS4, and I found the frame-rate was at its worst in the opening action sequence. After that it settled down for the most part.

• good thing I decided to get the disc this will give telltale more time to fix these problems

• edited August 2016

I was about 30 minutes in, and i agree with you, it does get slightly better.
    But to be honest: it is a ps4, i've played tons of visually impressive games on it ( Relatively speaking) like Witcher 3 (Day one patch was great,then it got worse until patch 1.12 or so), arkham knight, uncharted 4 and so on.....

And in my opinion a game like this, should run fine on such hardware, without any problems.
    So i'm hoping it will get fixed soon, and i don't need to spam this forum with my dislike ( Like me, and many others, did on the official withcer 3 forum)

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

Edit: English is not my main language, so i apologise if i wrote something weird!

• You're right. The game's framerate could, and should, be far better on PS4 ...

But, on the bright side, I'm British (English, to be precise), and I can tell you that your use of the English language is great. I never would have known you aren't a native speaker if you hadn't brought it up. : )

Novius1989 posted: »

I was about 30 minutes in, and i agree with you, it does get slightly better. But to be honest: it is a ps4, i've played tons of visually i

• Thank you!

I'm from the Netherlands, our education is teaching us English in an early stage.
    And since almost everything is better in English (Dutch Folk music is really terrible, and should never be heard by anyone.....like never!), you pick it up from childhood (tv/music/movies/games).
    But not being very active on forums, and online gaming, actually appllying it, feels weird, and i make up sentences that sound great in my head but may turn out weird, when written.
    Glad to see that's not the case, and i'm doing it right!

Anyway, i started this thread, just to get it out there.
    Hoping to see a patch in the near future.
    I'm a huge Batman fan, and will play this game anyway ( and i;m stuck with it, since Sony doesn't do refunds very often ^^)

Achilles321 posted: »

You're right. The game's framerate could, and should, be far better on PS4 ... But, on the bright side, I'm British (English, to be preci

• PC version has got a fix

enter image description here

• It isn't working i guess?

I don't understand why this happens?
    Since when is beta testing something so hard for a company :S

PC version has got a fix

• The Moment you decide to use the Episodic formula, you practically cant do beta Tests. atleast not in the scales oft other games. Telltale has to release the games rather quickly. They could've released Episode 1 later this year and do some polishing, but i really dont know, if it would've helped. The Game Engine isnt great for fast cuts between cameras. Sadly.

Novius1989 posted: »

It isn't working i guess? I don't understand why this happens? Since when is beta testing something so hard for a company :S

• Hmm I thought mu framerate was good as It went on the ps4.

• edited August 2016

The fact that The Walking Dead runs 3x better is what's baffling.

To me it almost makes this "updated engine" feel not even worth it.

Why make all these improvements, when the framerate tanks because of it.

It doesn't need to be perfect 60fps or whatever, but come on. The older games already ran pretty bad here or there at times.

I was hoping the updated engine was made to fix these problems, not make them worse.

That being said, these problems are very apparent in the PC versions as well if I remember correctly. So maybe that'll give Telltale attention to just patch it all and fix it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.