What did you think of Suicide Squad? (Spoilers)

enter image description here

So I have just come back from the theater seeing Suicide Squad. I thought it was a good movie. Not great, but fun and over all enjoyable. Seems to be a lot of varying reactions from fans and critics. Like I said, I enjoyed it. The cast was good, action was great, the like. It was nice seeing Batman from a different point of view, and the flashbacks were nice. My main complaint is probably that the Joker was top billing but barely got any screen time. Jared Leto gave it his all, I enjoyed it, but I think removing the other scenes he was in kind of made him underwhelming.

A 7.5/10 for me, good enough.

What did you think?

Comments

• I don't mind spoilers, I am interested to know how Batman was in this movie. I mean, did he seem as ruthless and dark as he was in Batman vs Superman?

• Batman is seen beating up Deadshot in front of his (Deadshot's) daughter, although he doesn't hurt her, nor does he murder people whose mothers' names are presumably not Martha. Still, kind of bad to beat someone up in front of their daughter.

He also saves Harley Quinn when the Jokermobile goes into the water. Funny enough, he does some rescue breaths on her too.

Batman has more mystery to him I guess, so I think it's better.

I don't mind spoilers, I am interested to know how Batman was in this movie. I mean, did he seem as ruthless and dark as he was in Batman vs Superman?

• i thought it was fun. although i think it had a lot of pacing and editing problems.

• the joker is one of my favorite characters, and hands down is my favorite villain ever. and he was...........pretty good. i liked his look. (aside from the on-the-nose tattoos). he's not in the movie enough for me to decide whether i love him or not. he felt like he was just shoved in there to be harley's doting boyfriend. it was a weird choice. but jared leto is a pretty good actor. so i think with a director that can guide him a little better, he'll rock it. he just seemed lost. i don't know. the harley and joker relationship revamp was interesting. they turned them into bonnie and clyde instead of a twisted abusive gross romance. i kind of liked it tbh.

• harley was also great. she could've been better but she wasn't bad. i thought she was just a little underwhelming. margot robbie also needs a better director to show her what to do. she tried. but she didn't make me fall in love with her like classic harley did.

• now onto my favorite character in this movie, deadshot. will smith stole this movie for me. without him, i would definitely dock the movie a few points. he was fantastic.

• viola davis killed it as amanda waller. she was terrifying, powerful, and should have been the main antagonist.

last thoughts: everyone else was good. they just weren't given enough time for me to care all that much. this movie needed to lower the stakes. there did not need to be a world ending event happening. it should have focused on them forming the team and coming together. the villain sucked and the plot sucked because the villain sucked. it was a mess. but the characters were great.

so 6.5/10. rocky start, but a promising future.

• 8/10. Really liked it. Love Harley Quinn and Deadshot. Margot Robbie and Will Smith stole. I personally hated the Joker. I tried so hard to like Leto, but it just felt like a performance if you know what I mean. Like, I was watching Leto try and be the Joker. Can't say the same for other portrayals. You get totally lost in Heath Ledger's. Didn't happen for me here. That being said, I really felt the relationship between Harley and Joker, and those flashback scenes were fantastic.

Pretty lackluster plot, honestly, but I don't think that was the emphasis. The ensemble was just so much fun to watch. The film nearly fell apart in the middle, but it didn't. First act is the standout for me, so energetic and fun.

• I thought the movie was a huge mess. Bad pacing, bad editing, bad plot, bad villain. BUT I still found it somewhat enjoyable. Harley was great. She really stole the show for me. Deadshot was a pretty fun character as well. I hope we see both of these characters again, down the line. The rest of the Squad barely got any screen time in comparison to those two, so I didn't really give much of a crap about them.

Pretty bummed out that Joker only had like 7 minutes in the film. Even though he was barely in it, I did enjoy his performance, for the most part. I hope he gets the chance to play Joker again eventually, because I think he could be great, in a better movie. It's a damn shame they cut most of his scenes out. Also a shame that they brushed over his and Harley's backstory soooo quickly. Their story is so fascinating, and I'd love to see the flashback stuff played out in more detail in a future film. Seriously, if you've never seen (or read) Mad Love from Batman The Animated Series, do yourself a favor and check it out.

• dont forget the post credit scene

• i really enjoyed it! so as my friends! 9/10, it was very entertaining, i think im going to see it again with my cousins, leto's perfomance was amazing! despite his limited time in the movie, he proved us his version is the real Clown Prince of Crime!

• Holy crap, check out this list of scenes that didn't make the cut. So much Joker left out, it's ridiculous. I think the movie would have been far more interesting if they had left his stuff in. Also would have been a far more accurate portrayal of his and Harley's relationship. Lots of scenes cut from other characters too. I hope they end up releasing an extended cut with all this stuff in it...

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/06/suicide-squad-rumored-list-of-deleted-scenes-revealed/

• edited August 2016

I liked it a lot and my little brother hated it a lot. Probably because I wasn't expecting much and I got more, while he expected much but got less.

But Margot Robbie did a fantastic job as Harley.

• I found it to be a dull and stupid mess. I'm kind of done with this DCEU.

• It was amazing. Lots of Action and funny moments and Harley Queen stole the show. Would watch it over and over. Also the soundtrack is a plus.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.