A Joker Inspired By Handsome Jack

So I assume that a lot of you here have played Tales From The Borderlands, and you may have noticed that Telltale did a really good job writing the character of Handsome Jack (the half friend half foe A.I. of the protagonist's former boss that accompanies you through the game).
For me, I always thought that Jack's character was similar to the Joker's in a lot of traits, both are psychos who love to torture their opponents and joke about it whenever they are given the chance, but there's one difference between both of them: their ego.
The normal Joker doesn't seem so narcissistic or too fed of himself, but Handsome Jack on the other hand likes to talk about himself too much and bully his opponents at every given opportunity, so how about giving those traits to the Joker. Maybe have the Joker not approve of Batman's actions and think he's a threat to Gotham's highly criminal status, maybe they could also make the Joker bully Batman on several occasions or even cause psychological harm to him if he ever kidnapped Batman.
Also, I'm not saying that they should make the Joker an exact replica of Handsome Jack, but I think that they could learn a lot from his character when writing the Joker.

So in the end, what do you think of a Joker inspired by Handsome Jack?

Comments

• that would be a very good move, handsome jack is one of my favorite video game villains seeing that into the joker would be gold

• It could work. The major difference between them is that Handsome Jack acts with authority and aggression while the Joker takes a more playful attitude.

• That's what I'm aiming at here, I want the Joker to oppose Batman with style, not just madness.

Lord_EAA posted: »

It could work. The major difference between them is that Handsome Jack acts with authority and aggression while the Joker takes a more playful attitude.

• I'd be up for that

Sign in to comment in this discussion.