Should Batman Have An Adventure Pass Ala Minecraft?

Basically three episodes, post main story, each one with a different new villain or threat, or possibly something hanging from the main story? Or maybe like that but with something connecting them together? I was kind of inspired by how Arkham Knight has Seasons of Infamy with Mister Freeze, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc and Ras Al Guhl, so something like that but as a set of episodes.

Comments

• It should be a multiple season thing imho. There's so many stories the could tell like the rise of joker,the league of assassins,Knightfall. One season won't even scratch the surface.

• True, but the option of having something like an inbetween season with an adventure pass could work too. There's also the option of doing a set of episodes where you play as supporting characters like Gordon, Vicki and Harvey, whether that would be set prior to Season 1 or afterwards.

zeke10 posted: »

It should be a multiple season thing imho. There's so many stories the could tell like the rise of joker,the league of assassins,Knightfall. One season won't even scratch the surface.

• Knightfall would be amazing in this format! To me it's way under rated by the fans. Not too many of today's casual fans are aware of it. Make this happen TT!

zeke10 posted: »

It should be a multiple season thing imho. There's so many stories the could tell like the rise of joker,the league of assassins,Knightfall. One season won't even scratch the surface.

• I certainly wouldn't mind, I just hope it won't lead to what happened with Minecraft, where people whined about the price, even though it was still $5 per episode.

• I could imagine a mini-series ala Michonne for Jim Gordon, maybe Telltale's take on his origin as a beat cop. That'd be pretty awesome.

• Well lets wait and see how the season goes first.

• I don't think so. I like Minecraft and I'll keep playing the adventure pass, but it feels so separate from the original story, and so tacked-on that I can't get into it. It's like I'm playing them just so I can get on with it. I don't want that to happen to Batman.

• I would also love a Gordon mini series, something loosing adapting Year One (which is basically a Gordon story more than a Batman story anyway) would work well.

HLeigh0109 posted: »

I could imagine a mini-series ala Michonne for Jim Gordon, maybe Telltale's take on his origin as a beat cop. That'd be pretty awesome.

• Fair point, but remember that Batman comics often have single issue storylines alongside the bigger stuff, so it might be something like that, and thy could do something like Arkham Origins' DLC Cold Cold Heart (which was a new storyline but had Penguin in and tied up some loose ends with that character following the main story).

I don't think so. I like Minecraft and I'll keep playing the adventure pass, but it feels so separate from the original story, and so tacked

• I know... But I just really don't like the whole mystery of the week style. It works for a TV show where people only want to watch when it's on TV and are ok with missing a few episodes, but if there is something where people are committed to watching/playing all of it, I think that style kind of takes away from the story. It makes it feel to me like I didn't even play it for a reason. :(

Fair point, but remember that Batman comics often have single issue storylines alongside the bigger stuff, so it might be something like tha

• Maybe. If the game is actually good unlike minecraft.

• edited August 2016

I like it honestly

Maybe. If the game is actually good unlike minecraft.

• The events of Knightfall would be amazing!

You think everything is wrapping up and the credits should roll soon on the final episode of the season ( not the current one!) with Bruce alone in the bat cave, trying to rest after the events of the season... then Bane appears from the darkness. We are treated to a one sided fight as a exhausted and wounded Bruce tries to fend off Bane, I don't think there should be any QTE's at all for this. Then Bane breaks him and we are left on quite a cliff hanger.

Knightfall would be amazing in this format! To me it's way under rated by the fans. Not too many of today's casual fans are aware of it. Make this happen TT!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.