Comments

• Just another guy tired of the formula. I was half paying attention because I personally don't like Joe, but I sort of understand why he didn't enjoy it. Clearly he's no longer interested in Telltale, so whatever. His loss I guess.

• By the end he says that he's tired of having to wait for episodes and the rather superficial gameplay (which he gave a 2). But he enjoyed the characters, voice acting and the story (which he gave an 8-9).

Just another guy tired of the formula. I was half paying attention because I personally don't like Joe, but I sort of understand why he didn't enjoy it. Clearly he's no longer interested in Telltale, so whatever. His loss I guess.

• edited August 2016

Which is all that matters in a Telltale game. I mean at least he likes the story (the main draw) but he doesn't like waiting a few months for a batch of episodes? Come on now. Its a monthly series its really not that bad. At least Joe gave it a fucking chance unlike fucking Mike and James.

lupinb0y posted: »

By the end he says that he's tired of having to wait for episodes and the rather superficial gameplay (which he gave a 2). But he enjoyed the characters, voice acting and the story (which he gave an 8-9).

• I'm no longer interested in Joe it seems to me that he doesn't really care much for games now a. days

• Has always been one of my favorite Youtubers but recently has become very lazy and very whiny over things that make no sense. Like the price point on Telltale Games he complained about.

• edited August 2016

I cannot believe he honestly said he couldn't deal with the waiting in what will apparently be the only telltale series to wait a SINGLE month. Did he never notice how long the others took or did he just not research this at all?

• Haven't watched but I can easily see some complaints involving the gameplay. You can literally at various points mess up on the QTE and it will continue as if it didn't even matter. You would think that with the money put behind this they would at least put some variations in if you miss those QTE's.

Another thing that can be annoying is that in a point in the game. You can either fuck up this guy or not really harm him at all. No matter what Alfred says you nearly beat him to death even when you didn't. They really need to put in some variations even if it is slight. You can have it that I can mess up here or pick this other option. Yet, the dialogue will still go the route of something I didn't pick.

• edited August 2016

They did put variations in the Alfred dialougue, its a glitch. Alfred is supposed to have three dialougues, one for Brutally beat him, one for barely beat him and one for didn't beat him which won't show up by glitch.

But even then there is variation in that dialougue.

If you were nonviolent: "You beat that man half to death"

If you were violent: "You nearly killed that man."

Haven't watched but I can easily see some complaints involving the gameplay. You can literally at various points mess up on the QTE and it w

• I agree with him. The Telltale formula is so predictable now.

Take the brutal, assertive actions and you get guilt tripped by the secondary characters. Contrived drama situations. It's too transparent.

I actually don't think the story was that strong or gripping for being the premiere episode. Mood/setting could have been done better as well. TWAU set the bar, and TT seems they can't reach this again.

I also agreed with the dislike on character designs. Alfred looks fugly. They talked so much about how much freedom they had to shape the characters to their liking; too bad they fcuked them up.

• I_DEMAND_A_REFUND

I agree with him. The Telltale formula is so predictable now. Take the brutal, assertive actions and you get guilt tripped by the second

• I am so over Angry Joe. It feels like he doesn't like anything anymore. I used to like him but now it just feels like he rants, whines and bitches.

• He is just damn tired after the absurd Ghostbusters 2016 movie fiasco

gmc1992 posted: »

I'm no longer interested in Joe it seems to me that he doesn't really care much for games now a. days

• Haven't watched his review,but he's called Angry Joe. Not agreeable Joe. I'm surprised when he gives positive reviews.(haven't seen one yet). He hates The Divison ,which I love. I found his review of it funny. People are allowed to hate what you love. Like I said though, he's Angry Joe...just sayin...

• I feel like he slowly evolves to become more cynical with the years. During 2012-2015 was his golden age. He was a funny, positive, gamer that liked to trash bad games so people could save their money as well as support good games he felt were worth out time. He was also great at informing people about the sh3t& attitude of companies (Corporate Commander was GOLD). But he barely does reviews anymore. Mostly he either livestreams games with friend while drunk, taking nothing in it seriously until he's pissed at something (Giving an odd contrast to his more know analytical persona) or his movie reviews (Which at least SOME are good. I like BVS but that was because he was pissed because of superman and it reminded me of the good days).

So I think Old Joe put it best: "WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT THE F#CK HAPPENED?!!"

AgentZ46 posted: »

I am so over Angry Joe. It feels like he doesn't like anything anymore. I used to like him but now it just feels like he rants, whines and bitches.

• He used to be funny and good with the reviews...I keep being subscribed to him for nostalgia sake and because I remember how his funny reviews pulled me out of some bad and depressing moments in my youth.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I am so over Angry Joe. It feels like he doesn't like anything anymore. I used to like him but now it just feels like he rants, whines and bitches.

• Hopefully this is just a bad year.

He used to be funny and good with the reviews...I keep being subscribed to him for nostalgia sake and because I remember how his funny reviews pulled me out of some bad and depressing moments in my youth.

• edited August 2016

But he's not reviewing. He's making an on the spot opinion upon a fraction of a game which he clearly did not do any research on. And he still liked it so it's not that. Its that the complains he made go from simple combat fixes to delays on episodes........which according to Telltale themselves will not happen.

Haven't watched his review,but he's called Angry Joe. Not agreeable Joe. I'm surprised when he gives positive reviews.(haven't seen one yet

• He liked the story a lot...and that is what counts.

• Yes it is. The game itself is the story.

He liked the story a lot...and that is what counts.

• edited August 2016

All that guy does is whine. Can't believe I used to watch him.

• edited August 2016

I don't think quality of gameplay is irrelevant in a Telltale game.

Which is all that matters in a Telltale game. I mean at least he likes the story (the main draw) but he doesn't like waiting a few months fo

• edited August 2016

Wasn't it ultimately pretty well received, and sold well?

joriandrake posted: »

He is just damn tired after the absurd Ghostbusters 2016 movie fiasco

• Sure, but you can't tell me that people play telltale games simply just because of the QTE sequences, which was his major complaint if any and having to wait...what like a hand full of months for a batch of episodes.

Flog61 posted: »

I don't think quality of gameplay is irrelevant in a Telltale game.

• No.

Flog61 posted: »

Wasn't it ultimately pretty well received, and sold well?

• He has a point, though. You can criticize everything the game has to offer. It has fractions of gameplay. so you can complaint about it.

• Mine definitely glitched. I did nothing but break his arm and Alfred said I nearly killed him and everyone acted like I was some sort of monster for breaking the arm of a sniper who took the lives of cops.

Lord_EAA posted: »

They did put variations in the Alfred dialougue, its a glitch. Alfred is supposed to have three dialougues, one for Brutally beat him, one f

• I don't believe that release schedule for a second. Tell Tale has always been horrible at keeping a steady release for their games, with the only exception being the first few minecraft episodes. And even then I can only believe that they had those episodes done far earlier because they didn't want to "sell" the disk version with only episode 1 on it.

As for if he researched or anything, I don't care if he did or not, because I think he just doesn't care about a game that gets sold you piece by literal piece over the coarse of a year, and until Batman hits that supposed "monthly" release you say, we can safely assume it won't and be grumpy about having to wait months and months for maybe 2 hours of content.

Also, this is just me, and unrelated to all that above, but I don't like this steady increase in price of episodes. In canadian funds anyway, The Walking Dead S1 and 2 were 5 bucks a piece, and great almost the entire time. But after seeing Minecraft get a buck increase and not be all that great, as well as fucking people over by selling a second season pass, I was not pleased. Seeing the batman game get another buck increase with no real improvement except for a more stable engine does not seem worth it right now, so waiting for all the episodes to come out and get actual reviews out is not a bad idea when it comes to TellTale games now.

Lord_EAA posted: »

I cannot believe he honestly said he couldn't deal with the waiting in what will apparently be the only telltale series to wait a SINGLE month. Did he never notice how long the others took or did he just not research this at all?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2016

Michonne also had monthly episodes, as did earlier Telltale series prior to Walking Dead. Walking Dead: Season 1 was different in that they made more changes on the fly as opposed to sticking to their initial vision, so in an attempt to recreate their success for future games, they took that a level further for series afterwards like Wolf, Borderlands, Thrones, and Season 2 of Walking Dead, where larger changes and revisions were made to the story from fan feedback. It is not an inability of Telltale to produce episodes on a monthly basis, but rather, they previously chose not to because they thought that revising episodes and the overall story of the game from fan feedback was a larger priority than having a reliable and punctual schedule. For newer series such as Minecraft (at least for the first four episodes), Michonne, and supposedly Batman, they are going back to their older method of wanting to release monthly episodes instead of extensively revising the story due to fan feedback.

And even then I can only believe that they had those episodes done far earlier because they didn't want to "sell" the disk version with only episode 1 on it.

That's a bit irrelevant; the Minecraft disc only comes with Episode 1 on it so people would still have to download episodes anyways, and Batman is releasing a disc under similar conditions. Should Batman also have four out of five episodes out by Sept 13 because they want to have more than one episode out?

deadproxy posted: »

I don't believe that release schedule for a second. Tell Tale has always been horrible at keeping a steady release for their games, with the

• Actually that is the one that isn't bugged. Breaking his arm was the 'brutal'/Batfleck way. It's the peceful one that bugged.

Mine definitely glitched. I did nothing but break his arm and Alfred said I nearly killed him and everyone acted like I was some sort of monster for breaking the arm of a sniper who took the lives of cops.

• I was about to reply to you but Blind already put most of my argument and said it with more information to back him up. I will add however that the price increase for Minecraft Story mode with the added episodes was Mojangs request.

And I also don't really see the problem for paying in advance for a game developed by a franchise that has never failed to deliver the promised content or in anyway canceled a series they made the first episode to.

I don't believe that release schedule for a second. Tell Tale has always been horrible at keeping a steady release for their games, with the

• edited August 2016

That's real nice that they have reasons for wanting to space out releases and crap, but that doesn't really change my opinion on anything. It still feels like their releases always take far too long, either missing the intended "bi monthly" goal by weeks, or just appearing to have so many series going on that time frames get skewed and wait times seems longer cause your waiting multiple weeks for multiple episodes of multiple games.

As for my irrelevant bit. Yes, it's entirely irrelevant, but it's the only thing I'm willing to believe to explain how Minecraft episode 1/2/3 were released within weeks of each other, and then future episodes had to take multiple months again to come out. Sure, anyone who bought the disk would have had to download the episodes anyway, but I'm going to assume most telltale fans are too impatient not to get the digital version, so they could have held off on releasing Ep1 until Ep2 was practically done, so Disk buyers wouldn't feel hugely ripped off for buying the game and having to wait another month before putting it in. Doesn't matter at all if any bit of that is true or right or correct on any level, my mind is made up though, games out, doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Just read the actual last line of your post. The graphical differences between Minecraft and Batman are way too different to expect anything like that. Minecraft is fucking blocks. There's little reason that should be hard to do compared to actual rounded models and detailed environments.

Michonne also had monthly episodes, as did earlier Telltale series prior to Walking Dead. Walking Dead: Season 1 was different in that they

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2016

Episode four also came out fairly quick; Episode 5 (the Season Finale) took longer because they were tying it into a new story arc for the bonus DLC (Episodes 6-8) as opposed to continuing the story in Episodes 1-4. If all five episodes had the same story arc, I am sure that Episode 5 would have come out quick as well.

That's real nice that they have reasons for wanting to space out releases and crap, but that doesn't really change my opinion on anything.

• There's little reason that should be hard to do compared to actual rounded models and detailed environments.

I first expected that was the reason for Minecraft's quick releases as well, but Michonne also had quick monthly episodes - and it also did not have a Season pass disc, so there was no incentive for them to get episodes out quick so people would not be disappointed at the disc only having one episode.

That's real nice that they have reasons for wanting to space out releases and crap, but that doesn't really change my opinion on anything.

• Well we're branching off topic now, but at least this post wont feel as negative as my other ones.

For Michonnes quick release, which I will admit was nice (even though I didn't particularly like it) that probably had more to do with having just the 3 episodes. It didn't really have any "useless" moments that I can think of, or at least nothing that wasn't important to the story, unlike say, episode Whatever Days for TWD season 1, which really only existed to introduce the red haired girl and everything else was fluff, so they could just focus on telling the story at hand, instead of trying to establish some deep bonds with the other characters.

Well...that was almost as negative as my other posts.

Honestly...I just want more Tales from the Borderlands, that was magic and everything is paling in comparison, ESPECIALLY since that was coming out alongside GoT which I thought was terrible and I bought every episode >.>...Wow that went off topic.

There's little reason that should be hard to do compared to actual rounded models and detailed environments. I first expected that w

• edited August 2016

I feel that something goes really off with these popular critics.

I mean.

Angry Video Game Nerd made an entire video to justify why he will not see Ghostbusters (2016) because the first trailer wasn't good enough. He basically told that his nostalgia factor to original film doesn't allow him to see the newest one and give it a chance. His delivery in general comes out as very smug in that video, like if he was some kind of critic elite and that movie was below his attention.

Now Angry Joe, his popularity must come from something earlier as his livestreams show he's not paying much attention anymore towards whatever he supposedly reviews. His attempts to be funny are often "how loud I can be?" things. Since his review process is generally public when it comes to actually playing the game, it's also something you wouldn't probably boasted about decades ago when you couldn't live off by your viewers but actually making those reviews properly.

I don't know, I guess fame "corrupts" these people without them noticing it. These guys start to direct their own movies, become video game characters and more like that, and each time it seems like they further drop what made them popular in the first place.

Just to point out, I might be wrong.

• Not really a good review (especially because he personally did not reviewed the full episode nor did him addressed the problems people are having when trying to play the game on PC), but not something to be pissed about.

He mainly had problems with the gameplay, the good old clone army and the business model (and I think there are some merits into these complaints). But, on the other hand, he considered it good where it is more important: the story and the characters. And they also liked the voice acting.

• exactly

papai46 posted: »

No.

• edited August 2016

angry joe is nothing more than a superman fanboy when it comes to DC comics, any of his opinions concerning batman should be irrelevant .

• AVGN wasn't really being smug he's a huge GB fan who thought GB 2016 looks shitty and honestly i thought it was

Clord posted: »

I feel that something goes really off with these popular critics. I mean. Angry Video Game Nerd made an entire video to justify why he

• I thought they hit mood and setting pretty nicely. I agree with everything else though...

I agree with him. The Telltale formula is so predictable now. Take the brutal, assertive actions and you get guilt tripped by the second

Sign in to comment in this discussion.