Digital Foundry's tech analysis if Batman (this game's framerate is not tailored by how you play)

PS4: 1600x766
Xbone: 1280x614

So, sub 900p on PS4 and sub 720p on the XBone. Framerate goes anywhere from 15 FPS to 60FPS. PS4 has no AA. Never thought this would be the game to bring these consolrs to their knees. :P

Comments

• Its nice, that they added New graphical features, but they need to polish it, too. Its like putting a tripple big mac into a package for normal burgers.

• Yeah, though as John said, they usually don't acknowledge or fix the framerate issues in their console ports. Hopefully it'll be different this time. I still think they should work on less games at once, in order to have more people work on one game at a time, and then not rush them out the door. Batman doesn't give me much confidence about how TWD S3 will perform.

GSSalvador posted: »

Its nice, that they added New graphical features, but they need to polish it, too. Its like putting a tripple big mac into a package for normal burgers.

• I think what makes this even worse is the fact this is TT's 28th game. It's not like they're some small dev, they have more than 250 people working there, and they still have problems like these.

GSSalvador posted: »

Its nice, that they added New graphical features, but they need to polish it, too. Its like putting a tripple big mac into a package for normal burgers.

• edited August 2016

Still asking myself why they don't use tessellation.
    Or use Unity (Mr. Riccitiello is currently the CEO of Unity Technologies and Telltale too).

They simply cannot pick what's necessary from what's not.

• They also need some mocap, because animations seem like they are as stiff as ever, though maybe with some improvements here and there. It's not like mocap is anything new. Pretty sure MGS2 on the PS2 used it back in 2001.

Really feels like they knew the Batman name would help sell it, and so it was rushed out the door. Wonder how bad the Marvel game will be.

Still asking myself why they don't use tessellation. Or use Unity (Mr. Riccitiello is currently the CEO of Unity Technologies and Telltale too). They simply cannot pick what's necessary from what's not.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.