Meta-humans. Yay or nay?

I'm curious ...

Would you be happy for super-powered people, such as Poison Ivy or The Flash, to appear in the Telltale Bat-verse, or would you prefer this world to be more grounded and realistic like the Nolan-verse (but with cooler, more comic-booky outfits and fight scenes) as currently seems to be the case?

Comments

• I think it's too early for Flash and Poison Ivy but I wouldn't mind seeing Killer Kroc.

• I'd love to see Poison Ivy in this, just because I love red heads...and her power's can be scientifically explained (not so much for the things the plants do, but whatevs) so it wouldn't be too jarring to see Batman fighting plant lady, but maybe save the big meta's for season 2, cause those kinds of characters need proper foreshadowing, like science experiments being conducted and you only get a news headline or tv blurb about it at some point. It'd be weird to just have those kinds of people show up unexplained.

• edited August 2016

I feel that things like the Superman shouldn't even exist in this series. It's always a giant plothole that they don't interfere whatever happens outside of their own cities and yet are part of the same world.

• God I hope so. I really want to go up against Clay-Face or Killer Croc at one point.

• Yay? But, its too soon for anything abnormal now. Maybe later in the season or in a next season.

• I hope we see them but either late season 1 or season 2. Because season 1 is more focused on the fall of the mobster era of gotham crime and the begining of the supervillian era. So we should only see two face,penguin,riddler and other non meta humans first

• If that's what Telltale decide to do, they should still subtly inform us that meta-humans exist sooner rather than later. I think it'd break immersion if we go through this whole season with no mention of super-powered people and then one shows up out of the blue, causing havoc, at the start of next season.

A good way to do it without encroaching on the plot would be to add a couple of meta-human stories to the news-feed of Bruce's Bat-Computer. For example, have Ryder say something like: "In international news, the President of the United States and fifteen other prominent world leaders came together today to thank Superman publicly for saving countless innocent lives since the caped Kryptonian's stunning appearance five years ago." lol

robrua posted: »

I hope we see them but either late season 1 or season 2. Because season 1 is more focused on the fall of the mobster era of gotham crime an

• I mostly wanna see the Joker >:(

• edited August 2016

I love Joker as well, but...I think Telltale should give other villains time to shine for a change.

I respect your opinion, though.

I mostly wanna see the Joker >:(

• I kind of have a simple list you see it's:
    1. Joker
    2. Poison Ivy
    3. Other Super Heroes/Villans

I love Joker as well, but...I think Telltale should give other villains time to shine for a change. I respect your opinion, though.

• edited August 2016

I'd love to have Joker on Titan (like in Batman: Arkham Asylum) and Killer Croc.

• edited August 2016

I'd like Poison Ivy to appear at some point. Because this is a talky game, we'll get to see more of her smooth, seductive ways than ever before. We'll get an actual nuanced conversation instead of just a boss-battle against giant plants and zombie henchmen. lol

I kind of have a simple list you see it's: 1. Joker 2. Poison Ivy 3. Other Super Heroes/Villans

• edited August 2016

Nay (unless we're talking about the Stefan Lorenz Sorgner kind).

• Oh yay. Most certainly. I don't really like grounded realistic stories (heck I'm in the vocal minority that think the Nolanverse is slightly overrated) I want Bats to fight everything, Especially Meta-humans. Bruce is already the best a human can be, so I want him to fight something better than humans.

• Meta humans all the way.

Nolan trilogy was meh-good -I guess making everything "normal/plain" was interresting, but I wouldn't like that it makes precedent for the following works about Batman.

• and watch him die in the process?

CathalOHara posted: »

Oh yay. Most certainly. I don't really like grounded realistic stories (heck I'm in the vocal minority that think the Nolanverse is slightly

• yay hew yay

• bane would be a cool villain

• BANE

I kind of have a simple list you see it's: 1. Joker 2. Poison Ivy 3. Other Super Heroes/Villans

• I'd like to see Killer Croc and Clayface (either Hagen or Karlo).

• Not in this first set of episodes. It would be a great direction if they do another season though.

• Yeah, I think that, if they do it, they should build up to it slowly, get everyone (and Batman) used to the idea.

Maybe Batman is aware of meta-humans, but he hasn't encountered many serious meta-human threats just yet.

Demarcoa posted: »

Not in this first set of episodes. It would be a great direction if they do another season though.

• nay I would actually go for the classy style with more gangster like setting

• Yeah, part of me agrees with you because I'm really liking the Nolan-esque tone from the first episode.

Leluch123 posted: »

nay I would actually go for the classy style with more gangster like setting

Sign in to comment in this discussion.