Batman vs. Catwoman Fan Edit

Hey, guys. Earlier I had the idea of making a musical recap video for "BATMAN: Episode 1". But when I started, I soon realized that a single song was far too short for the task (or my editing was far too long, whichever way you want to look at it). So my recap video transformed into an abbreviated version of the game's introduction with alternative music.

I thought I'd show it to you guys, since you're the only ones who are likely to be interested, and since my YouTube channel gets precisely six views a day -- five from me, and one from my cousin. lol

P.S. This thread can also double as a "Batman vs. Catwoman" thread if you wish. If you have anything to say about their rivalry (as opposed to their romance) then say it here. :)

Comments

• It was good :)

Could be better though.

• edited August 2016

I'm pleased with it considering it only took me about an hour or two, and I didn't really plan to do it.

I think the music hits all the appropriate beats. (That silent segment at the end is intentional.)

Of course, if you're not a fan of the music choice then it won't be your thing.

P.S. The one thing I'm not totally happy with is the music that plays over Batman and Catwoman's little conversation. I wanted to make it fade quieter while they were talking, and then get louder again when they resumed fighting, but I couldn't, unfortunately, because of the limitations of my editing software.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It was good Could be better though.

• edited August 2016

I might take it down and try to make a better version. What did you think was wrong with it? Do you think I should edit it down even more so I don't have to change to the Batman Begins song at the end? Should I cut out the conversation if I can't lower the music volume when Bats and Catwoman are talking? It does make it a little sloppy. Hmm.

I was pleased with it because it turned out a lot better than I expected for something I made on a whim. But I guess it could use some polish.

P.S. I'm not changing the song. I know it's very "alternative" for Batman. You'd never get that kind of music in a Batman movie or game or anything. But that's partly why I like it. It's different.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It was good Could be better though.

• edited August 2016

one example i would have slowly stopped the music and then bring it back at 1:44

• edited August 2016

I appreciate the input. : )

But read my comment above. That's exactly what I wanted and tried to do, but the editing software I use doesn't allow it. It's very limited.

I can make the music volume quieter or louder, but only but slicing up my music and making choppy transitions; not by fading in and out.

one example i would have slowly stopped the music and then bring it back at 1:44

• in the ep 2 trailer it looks like cat woman was trying to be cute and "kiss" batman lol gross her face is the opposite of sexy and her "vilaness-ness" is already a "no for me" lol batman deserves better and so does Harvey now ha! did you ask her why she was with him? i only asked her about her eye to taunt her

• edited August 2016

I did both of those things, actually. I made a blunt remark about her black eye, and then I asked her what she was doing with Harvey. If I recall, she said not to worry and that her interest in Harvey was purely personal (but I have my doubts, he seems a bit ... naïve and predictable to be Selina's type). I also found that pairing quite funny because Catwoman and Two-Face were arch-enemies in Arkham City.

Regarding the other thing -- I think Selina is attractive; I'm not getting why you think she's hideous. lol

But I do slightly prefer how she looked in Arkham City, and I was kinda hoping she'd have short hair. I just, um, like that look on my cat burglars. --shrugs--

in the ep 2 trailer it looks like cat woman was trying to be cute and "kiss" batman lol gross her face is the opposite of sexy and her "vila

• edited August 2016

and that look on jane enter image description here

Achilles321 posted: »

I did both of those things, actually. I made a blunt remark about her black eye, and then I asked her what she was doing with Harvey. If I r

• edited August 2016

OK ... I took my original video down and polished it up a little. This one is basically the same thing, but now the quick-cuts make a bit more sense where they didn't before, and the music fades out completely during the brief convo. between Bats and Selina (which is the best I could do with my editing equipment). I couldn't improve the frame-rate: it just recorded that way because I play on PS4. But it's not awful.

And I can't post this at the top of the page, or remove the now defunct video, because this forum doesn't let you edit original posts. Weirdly.

So I'll have to leave it here instead. :)

• fight scene was awsome! despite not being a big fan of catowman,Im very curious about how batman and catwomans relationship will be in later episodes.

• edited August 2016

Yeah, the choreography was great! Brutal but flashy. Exactly what I want to see from Batman, and partly what inspired me to make this.

I hope we get many more amazing fights. Imagine something like this against Killer Croc or Deathstroke?

• yeah definitely a pleasant thought, but do you really think Deathstroke and Killer Croc could be in there?
    it would be really cool if they were in there but i dout it because Deathstroke and killer Croc are kinda like minor antagonists when it comes to the batman franchise.

Achilles321 posted: »

Yeah, the choreography was great! Brutal but flashy. Exactly what I want to see from Batman, and partly what inspired me to make this. I hope we get many more amazing fights. Imagine something like this against Killer Croc or Deathstroke?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.