I think Hugo Strange is the main villain

enter image description here

1. Fits with the theme of Arkham Assylum story plot

2. Strange was the first batman villain to deduce his identity which fits with Alfred's dialogue warning Bruce what would happen if his enemies found out.

3. Fits and lines up with the neuro toxin that causes people to go psycho heist.

Comments

• It's actually Penguin, but okay.

• I think Penguin might be a secondary antagonist.

papai46 posted: »

It's actually Penguin, but okay.

• I think depending on your choices, harvey or penguin become the first villain. They sort of hinted in the Unmasked that we might be able to stop Harvey from becoming Two-Face.

I want the second villain/main villain to be the Joker. Not sure why people don't want that. His type of villainy would perfect for a Telltale Game as opposed to someone like Bane.

• So in this universe we either get The Penguin or Two-Face, but not both, based on Bruce's choices?

That would be fascinating. Do you side with your old childhood friend who knew your parents and shared many of your life experiences, or do you side with your new friend who can help clean up Gotham?

Wigams posted: »

I think depending on your choices, harvey or penguin become the first villain. They sort of hinted in the Unmasked that we might be able t

• edited August 2016

I like Hugo Strange, but I wouldn't be thrilled about him being the main villain because I've had my fill of him in Arkham City and the Gotham TV show. (You could well be right about him being the main villain, though; there are enough clues to suggest it.)

And I want to see the Joker eventually, but not just yet if there are going to be multiple seasons. I'd personally leave the Joker until Season 3, but that might frustrate some fans. lol

P.S. This isn't relevant, but is there any way to modify or delete threads you've created? You can edit regular posts, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change your threads whatsoever. I'm ... new. Even though I've said quite a lot in the last couple of days. : )

• About the thread thing, you can't update then. The thing is glitched for now.

Achilles321 posted: »

I like Hugo Strange, but I wouldn't be thrilled about him being the main villain because I've had my fill of him in Arkham City and the Goth

• edited August 2016

I've had my fill of The Joker thanks to the Arkham games, I really disliked Arkham Knight and it left a bad taste in my mouth. But, I'm just one person and of course most people would want to see The Joker.

I could see The Joker getting a season or half a season to himself, just having him show up out of the blue would have much less impact.If the Ace Chemical factory wasn't burning, I would say we could respond to a break-in there at some point during season one and deal with the gangsters and "Red Hood" leading to his fall into the vat and would set him up to pop up in season two perhaps. I keep trying to think of how a "brutal" Batman ( Break the dock shooters arm, impale Falcone, etc...) would deal with Red Hood above the vats, if you were playing that route.

I haven't seen the unmasked video yet, but that does sound very interesting! being able to prevent Harvey from becoming Two-Face would be an interesting story! I would guess the more friendly and helpful you are to him, the more likely you can save him. Kinda like Kenny at the end of TWD S1 if you sided with him a lot, he would come with you.I do wonder what the consequences would be for cutting ties with Oz, aside from him becoming The Penguin, of course.

So in this universe we either get The Penguin or Two-Face, but not both, based on Bruce's choices? That would be fascinating. Do you side

• edited August 2016

Thanks for the info. But it is a glitch, so we might be able to in the future?

(Even though I'm guessing the forum isn't TellTale's top priority. lol)

About the thread thing, you can't update then. The thing is glitched for now.

• edited August 2016

I agree with you about everything (including the quality of Arkham Knight), but my personal preference regarding The Joker would be that his origin is unexplained. I just love the idea that he's a complete mystery, as he was in the Nolan movies.

Although ... (this idea just popped into my head) it could be cool for Batman to use his detective skills to uncover The Joker's true origin and identity over the course of a season. And, if that happened, I'd like Joker's identity to be completely new and unexpected, not taken from any comics' storyline.

I've had my fill of The Joker thanks to the Arkham games, I really disliked Arkham Knight and it left a bad taste in my mouth. But, I'm just

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited August 2016

Oswald "Oz" Cobblepot. Did someone in the game called him Penguin already?

It's actually Penguin, but okay.

• I agree! I haven't seen The Dark Knight in awhile and you bringing it up actually reminded me of how interesting and what a fresh approach Heaths joker was. I wouldn't be against that type of approach, maybe they can do something like they did at the end of Batman Begins where we are shown a calling card? setting him up at the end of season one perhaps? It would leave interest and excitement for season two.

I also agree with your last comment. It would be cool to hunt down clues and evidence trying to piece them together to see who he could be, all the while trying to stop him and his grand scheme. I wonder if they would go the Batman TAS route and give him Harley or keep him solo with just his henchmen.

I agree with you about everything (including the quality of Arkham Knight), but my personal preference regarding The Joker would be that his

• No, but who else could he be?

Omid's cat posted: »

Oswald "Oz" Cobblepot. Did someone in the game called him Penguin already?

• edited August 2016

Yeah, I think trying to thwart The Joker's crazy, sadistic scheme while simultaneously slaving away at crime scenes and in the Bat Cave to work out Joker's real identity would provide plenty of narrative fuel for an entire season.

I'd like Harley to appear. Telltale could introduce us to Dr. Harleen Quinzel this season, and she and Bruce could establish some kind of rapport that Bruce or Batman can use to his advantage later, when he's interrogating Harley about The Joker.

P.S. But if Harley does appear, I'd like her relationship with The Joker to be dark, mostly one-sided, and psychologically abusive, not the Romeo and Juliet thing we got in Suicide Squad. Madly in love as she is, maybe Harley will literally die before she gives Batman any information about her "Puddin'", so, instead of beating her up, Batman has to be smart and convince Harley that The Joker doesn't really care about her, which makes her doubt herself and spill whatever info. she's hiding.

I agree! I haven't seen The Dark Knight in awhile and you bringing it up actually reminded me of how interesting and what a fresh approach H

• Yes, in regular Bman universe Cobblepot is called Penguin. Here, I don't see a reason to give him this nickname. Not yet. He wasn't raised by penguins, he isn't short or fat, he has no beak like nose, isn't interested in ornitology, doesn't wear tuxedo.

No, but who else could he be?

• edited August 2016

It is possible that there is something darker brewing underneath the surface however all is pointing to Oz in ep 1..

Oz still likes Bruce for now (in my case with dialogue choices i guess - he still respects Bruce) He is fed up with the Wayne's; they own everything and all Oz has left is "his" park lol at least i think it still is, but it's trash.

At this point Bruce is trying to open his family's hospital (another gd thing he owns right?) although he is a humble about his wealth, Oz is still struggling his way in society.

Scenario if i used to be filthy rich: everything crashed around me, suddenly someone i used to know (to me) he owns everything to "the potholes on mainstreet" lol, my parents are dead so i can't fix it myself, i would form a plan against all the chaos in Gotham because frankly, the thugs in the city are not helping my irritability especially because they're part of the reason i can't make anything of my park so EFF IT i'm going to start a REVOLUTION TO CHANGE GOTHAM so Bruce do not get offended because i have nothing and you own everything, so does every other rich men in this city but they don't think of poor old Cobblepot anymore to care so be a friend or pick a side.

poor Oz

• I think the main antagonist is going to be Ozwald, but who knows we may deal with many different villains over the course of the season.

• edited August 2016

@Wigams

THAT WOULD BE GOOD to stop Harvey from becoming Two-Face!!! he is very likeable in this game and i think he's trustworthy i can have Vicky and him by my side IN MY NAME lol and your idea on choices on who becomes the villain but...i like Oz too it would be hard but cool to have that control and choice in the game anyone would play more than once!

Wigams posted: »

I think depending on your choices, harvey or penguin become the first villain. They sort of hinted in the Unmasked that we might be able t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.