a case-file thing?

I think it would be really awesome if there was a thing like the Sam & Max Case Files for SBCG4AP. Here is my idea for it;

It would come in a plastic inter-department mailing tube from Strong Bad's work (that he stole, of course), and inside would be;

1. A copy of Homestar's criminal record
2. Strong Sad's Pretendix (made from that gooey plastic that all those stretchy aliens are made from)
3. Bubs' Gold Record (like the Friendly Demon record, with a Two-O-Duo song and a few more from SBCG4AP)
4. Dangeresque's glasses made from cardboard OR a bullet with either Purducci, Sultry Buttons, Diamonocle or Killingyouguy's signage on them
5. The Logic Board from the TROGDOR!!! game or the key to the cabinet of said game.

Also, there would be a "hand-written" note from Strong Bad, that said something like;

“Hey, loser! You know my game? Well, while I was making it, I managed to steal all this crap from Telltale! I’m sending it to you for safekeeping. Oh, and if there’s anything missing, it was probably too awesome, and I took it. –Strong Bad”

Well, that's my idea! Expand and comment at your will! I mean, there's not really much I can do to stop you...

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Jagger88 wrote: »
    I think it would be really awesome if there was a thing like the Sam & Max Case Files for SBCG4AP. Here is my idea for it;

It would come in a plastic inter-department mailing tube from Strong Bad's work (that he stole, of course), and inside would be;

1. A copy of Homestar's criminal record
    2. Strong Sad's Pretendix (made from that gooey plastic that all those stretchy aliens are made from)
    3. Bubs' Gold Record (like the Friendly Demon record, with a Two-O-Duo song and a few more from SBCG4AP)
    4. Dangeresque's glasses made from cardboard OR a bullet with either Purducci, Sultry Buttons, Diamonocle or Killingyouguy's signage on them
    5. The Logic Board from the TROGDOR!!! game or the key to the cabinet of said game.

Also, there would be a "hand-written" note from Strong Bad, that said something like;

“Hey, loser! You know my game? Well, while I was making it, I managed to steal all this crap from Telltale! I’m sending it to you for safekeeping. Oh, and if there’s anything missing, it was probably too awesome, and I took it. –Strong Bad”

Well, that's my idea! Expand and comment at your will! I mean, there's not really much I can do to stop you...

About how much would that cost to produce?
  • edited July 2009
    Well, probably a bit. I just wanted to put my idea forward. If it ever did get taken on, there would definitely be cuts made to keep the cost down.

Edit: Don't forget that Soul Train Token. That is probably the most expensive in that Sam & Max Case File.
  • edited July 2009
    these are the best idea for a SBCG4AP case file
  • edited July 2009
    If you make a little package like this, then Strong Bad 3D glasses should be in the pack for people who are too lazy to make there own and don't already have them.
  • edited July 2009
    3D Dangeresque Glasses would be perfect.
  • edited July 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    If you make a little package like this, then Strong Bad 3D glasses should be in the pack for people who are too lazy to make there own and don't already have them.

People like me, on one of these pages, I had like 3 plans for 3d glasses all failing, and I need 3D
  • edited July 2009

I would prefer a Cave Girl Sqad Postcard
    Dangeresque's glasses made from cardboard OR a bullet with either Purducci, Sultry Buttons, Diamonocle or Killingyouguy's signage on them
    Or maybe a heart that can be split in two parts like they are in the game. Made of plastic
  • edited July 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I would prefer a Cave Girl Sqad Postcard

Or maybe a heart that can be split in two parts like they are in the game. Made of plastic

I like the idea of a Cave Girl Squad Card. That Pretendix could be prohibitively expensive to make.

However, I kind of like the idea of the bullets. That is kind of like the soul train token equivalent, except it would be made of a cheap metal, or even plastic.

If these things ever got made.

Which they probably won't.

Oh! By the way, the other night, I was bored, so I wrote up a draft of Homestar's Criminal Record! Holler if you want to see it!
  • edited July 2009
    I just thought of something!

Instead of the logic board for the Trogdor machine, how about a page from one of the funmachine game manuals?
  • edited July 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    People like me, on one of these pages, I had like 3 plans for 3d glasses all failing, and I need 3D

I didn't mean to imply that anyone who doesn't have 3D glasses is lazy. On re-reading my comment, it did give that impression. I apologise to anyone who may have been offended.
  • edited August 2009
    Instead of the logic board for the Trogdor machine, how about a page from one of the funmachine game manuals?

Ooh, maybe a few of them like how there were a few Time Cards? And Bubs' gold record would be AWESOME.
  • edited August 2009
    :eek:Genius Idea:D!!! The trogsword, like a toy kid version of the sword, taht would be cool as long as they are not like blow up toys, but like a fake wooden, silver painted, sword you get what I mean.:D:D:D Genius:D
  • edited August 2009
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    Ooh, maybe a few of them like how there were a few Time Cards?

That would probably be with the Cave Girl Squad cards, but its not like they're ever going to make this, so, what the hell, that is a good idea too!!
  • edited August 2009
    ...it's not like they're ever going to make this, so, what the hell, that is a good idea too...

Now THAT's the power of positive thinking.
  • edited August 2009
    even though i do always like some pointless nicknack for my games...i doubt that telltale will do something for the strong bad games. the disc is already out and shipped, so releasing a "case file"-thingy now, wouldn't really work.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.