[Ep5 Spoilers] Loaderboat question

[Replayed the whole thing on PS4 recently and had a question]

so before we knew that the stranger is actually loaderboat, back in ep1 he treated Rhys much violently than Fiona. and I remember myself speculating way back when that the stranger favored Fiona thus the stranger was harshed with rhys. and all the flashbacks up until the finale is him basically hating rhys MORE than Fiona. now back to EP5 and the reveal, when you chose to be nice all the way to loader boat, then why he hates rhys so much? and I mean before the reveal happens when rhys actually was nice to him (a player choice)? i'm confused. and why does he favor Fiona even tho he do not know her THAT well? am I missing something?

Comments

• Telltale never knew who the stranger was going to be until about episode 4, so it's just gonna have to stay as making no sense

• that's a bummer. since the stranger was the 1st mystery and who set the mood in the beginning of the series. I thought maybe there was a thing I missed, or a choice glitch or something. a bummer indeed. now I feel stupid speculating who he was since I 1st saw him. :/

Poogers555 posted: »

Telltale never knew who the stranger was going to be until about episode 4, so it's just gonna have to stay as making no sense

• Yeah I feel like the stranger being loaderbot was kinda disappointing . Don't get me wrong, I loved that it was loaderbot but I just wish telltale had planned for whoever the stranger was going to be from the start so it would make sense why he acted the way he did. In reality he should have been more pissed at Fiona.

Mercyva posted: »

that's a bummer. since the stranger was the 1st mystery and who set the mood in the beginning of the series. I thought maybe there was a thi

• yeah :(

I was not expecting that tbh, but I felt confused and amused at the same time. oh well, it finished months ago, hopefully BL3 is soon enough

Yeah I feel like the stranger being loaderbot was kinda disappointing . Don't get me wrong, I loved that it was loaderbot but I just wish te

• I like to think it was a bit of payback for Rhys taking him for granted. Loaderbot has feelings too.

• I was nice to him? what payback? plus he totally loved me during my playthrough, so his ''present'' scenes being violant toward rhys and so nice to Fiona makes no sense.

I would have understood if he was mean because you were mean to him, but I wasn't. so the reveal was confusing when I made the time to think more about it.

KCohere posted: »

I like to think it was a bit of payback for Rhys taking him for granted. Loaderbot has feelings too.

• Loaderbot loved me too, but he did seem to get a little exasperated at Rhys toward the end for constantly getting into scrapes and having to get bailed out. I agree its a bit of extreme reaction to that, but Im just trying to give a little bit of perspective on his part. I mostly was okay with it because Loaderbot looked so awesome in his new body.

I was nice to him? what payback? plus he totally loved me during my playthrough, so his ''present'' scenes being violant toward rhys and so

• It doesn't make sense.

• edited August 2016

I already explained that Loaderbot was putting on an act to conceal his identity. Plus he's a robot that has a really messed up AI and was going through an emotional turmoil and he also doesn't quite understand how humans work. I also wouldn't say he hated Rhys as much he was just putting his anger out on Rhys.

• What?! That wasn't planned from the beginning?

Yeah I feel like the stranger being loaderbot was kinda disappointing . Don't get me wrong, I loved that it was loaderbot but I just wish te

• edited August 2016

Nope, a while back Telltale said they didnt know who was going to be in the suit.

Im sure thats a lie though, we all know Tales got some rewrites, so they probably did have a plan at the start but it changed.

Ekelund21 posted: »

What?! That wasn't planned from the beginning?

• Am I the only one that thought this guy was talking about Loader Bot in the shape of a boat?

• i don't think that was an act. it got violent for a minute plus he verbally wasn't a fan of rhys, he got Fiona kick and spit at him.. I know its all in fun but my choices towards him did not translate well with how the reveal went

J-Master posted: »

I already explained that Loaderbot was putting on an act to conceal his identity. Plus he's a robot that has a really messed up AI and was g

• i'm not a guy, if you were talking about my post xD

Am I the only one that thought this guy was talking about Loader Bot in the shape of a boat?

• i'm not a guy

Are you a gal, then?

i'm not a guy, if you were talking about my post xD

• I'm glad they did it like this though, I couldn't predict it. My jaw dropped pretty hard when I saw who the stranger was!

Nope, a while back Telltale said they didnt know who was going to be in the suit. Im sure thats a lie though, we all know Tales got some rewrites, so they probably did have a plan at the start but it changed.

• Well, I say it is an act considering LB is a robot going through some hard times and doesn't know if he can fully trust Rhys and Fiona in order to save Gortys. I can understand it can be a bit iffy on the consistency side but trust me, it was the better way to go to make the story much more engaging and climatic.

i don't think that was an act. it got violent for a minute plus he verbally wasn't a fan of rhys, he got Fiona kick and spit at him.. I know its all in fun but my choices towards him did not translate well with how the reveal went

• I thought it would be cool if it were timothy in the suit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.