Rewind?

Is there a rewind option like in previous Telltale games? If there is, I can't find it. It's just a bit inconvenient to replay the whole episode to get to a certain part.

Comments

• No, unless it has been patched in since I last played (at release), which I doubt.

• Does anyone know why the Rewind feature was removed? Have Telltale spoken about it?

Maybe it was intentional, to make the game more challenging. Now you're committed to your choices until the end of the episode. No going back ten minutes to change a decision you felt you got wrong.

• That would be my guess and it makes sense. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it's just that we've had it since TWD S1 and I miss it, as it's sort of become an 'expectation' with TTG's products. Whereas with Until Dawn, there was never an expectation on my end.

Achilles321 posted: »

Does anyone know why the Rewind feature was removed? Have Telltale spoken about it? Maybe it was intentional, to make the game more chall

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Maybe it was intentional, to make the game more challenging. Now you're committed to your choices until the end of the episode. No going back ten minutes to change a decision you felt you got wrong.

It still seems a bit inconvenient to remove it entirely, though. A better solution would be to only allow players to rewind after they have completed the episode. I mean, that's what most people mainly use rewind for; to replay specific scenes to see different outcomes after they finish an episode.

Achilles321 posted: »

Does anyone know why the Rewind feature was removed? Have Telltale spoken about it? Maybe it was intentional, to make the game more chall

• It's really frustrating. I usually consider my first playthrough to be my "canon" playthrough and sometimes I want to go back to change a few decisions or dialog choices. It's a bit off-putting to not have the rewind option because I basically can't do that now.

• The problem I'm running into is I'm getting a bug that breaks the game and I'd like to see if changing a decision (in chapter 5 I think) would prevent the bug from happening. Without the rewind I'd have to replay the first hour and a half or so of the game that I've already done to see if I can work around it. That's incredibly irritating, since I don't know if changing a decision will even fix the problem. I could get stuck in the same damn bug over and over.

Deltino posted: »

Maybe it was intentional, to make the game more challenging. Now you're committed to your choices until the end of the episode. No going bac

• The way I look at it, it's sort of similar to having a DVD or Blu-Ray with no scene select. Not even a fast-forward function. Might be a bit of a silly comparison, but as their products are more tv shows/movies than games . . . Like I said earlier in the thread though, it wouldn't be as big a deal if the rewind option wasn't present in all of their games since The Walking Dead Season 1. Or if they'd informed us of the removal.

It's not like it's a deal breaker, for me anyway, but it does make me less inclined to replay an episode, especially if there's only one or two things I want to change.

Not often I complain about things either. I think this is only the second complaint I've had since being a member here. Like I've said though, I can understand their possible reasons for the feature's removal. It's just like Deltino says, however, which is that it's an inconvenience (especially when I expected it to be there).

And I agree, what Deltino said might be an ideal solution, assuming it wasn't implemented simply because they've updated their engine (like they didn't have enough time to implement it, or they couldn't get it working).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.