How isn't he dead?

I'm not here to hate on the scene, I loved the entire episode with every inch of my being, and it was awesome to be able to play as ruthless Batman. However, when you're given the choice to impale Falcone with the metal beam, shouldn't Falcone have literally died then and there? Either from blood loss or the contact from possibly rusty metal? Either Falcone has had a crapload of tetanus shots or the plot shield saves him. I'm not exactly sure if the area he was impaled wasn't exactly fatal, I'll probably have to rewatch in detail.

Comments

• Probably plot armor.

• Fully agree, lol.

Probably plot armor.

• He could create Two-Face!

GdaTyler posted: »

Fully agree, lol.

• It's based off a comic where death is like being sick

• But what if he did indeed die, and it's revealed on TV or something? What if we murdered someone, unknowingly?

Anyway, people have survived far, far worse, and the police were right there, so I think he would have surely gotten medical attention quickly enough.

• How does he manage not to kill anybody is a better question.

• There are lot's of stuff like that. For example how the hell Batman got shot when he was wearing his kevlar armor? The police bullet should not pierce it.

• Falcone was the only one that killed people in that club, lol.

How does he manage not to kill anybody is a better question.

• Batman has so much medical knowledge about the human body and Falcone's medical history, to know that impalling him in that exact spot would keep him alive and then the police can help later assuming they don't fuck up and accidentally kill him trying to get him out. Crazy enough, this is the only logical leap I can think of.

• edited August 2016

In the cave, Bruce comments on that if you inspect the suit. Something about the suit absorbing most of the damage, saving his life.

Leluch123 posted: »

There are lot's of stuff like that. For example how the hell Batman got shot when he was wearing his kevlar armor? The police bullet should not pierce it.

• I believe the more ruthless you play can actually get Batman in trouble with villains, the city, his relationships, and his fate that will seriously effect the story.

• edited August 2016

There are places in the human body that won't kill you of you are impaled, as long as they avoid major organs and arteries. Batman might have approxiymate knowledge of where he could impale him on the steel rod without killing him, ala Ben from TWDG.

As for blood loss or rust, Batman knew that there were authorities on the scene that could administer immediate medical aid, so those issues would not be able to become fatal. If he left him in an abandoned alleyway that would be different.

• I was thinking the same thing, to be fair it's not even that much of a logical leap to believe Batman would know that wouldn't kill him.

DoubleJump posted: »

Batman has so much medical knowledge about the human body and Falcone's medical history, to know that impalling him in that exact spot would

• It's just a flesh wound. Well as far recovery goes anyway in the comic books.

• Rodrik Forrester survived a Bloodied Claymore that went through his belly , if a character in game of thrones can survive this , then surely a character from the batman universe can survive a metal bleam .

• That is nothing...Darth Maul survived being cut in two and falling a million stories in a power conduit shaft. You cannot compete.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited August 2016

Falcone is slimebag. Not just despicable man. He is the slimebag.

• that would be an epic plot twist for brutal batman players.it would mess up expectations for the rest of the game

But what if he did indeed die, and it's revealed on TV or something? What if we murdered someone, unknowingly? Anyway, people have surviv

• It might have not punctured some of his organs

• BECUASE HE'S SULLY!!!!

• edited September 2016

We don't know FOR SURE if Rodrik survived the stab.

We only saw him barely breathing on the ground at the end of episode 5.

He may be dead at the beginning of season 2, we never know.

Also, don't try to get your hopes up. Because Rodrik Forrester went through worse wounds than when Jon Snow was stabbed to death by his brothers so I highly doubt he'll live.

A stab through the stomach with a large weapon like that is an instant kill.

alikir34 posted: »

Rodrik Forrester survived a Bloodied Claymore that went through his belly , if a character in game of thrones can survive this , then surely a character from the batman universe can survive a metal bleam .

• Ah. That it explains it, then. Falcone is force sensitive.

That is nothing...Darth Maul survived being cut in two and falling a million stories in a power conduit shaft. You cannot compete.

• Ah. That it explains it, then. Falcone is force sensitive.

That is nothing...Darth Maul survived being cut in two and falling a million stories in a power conduit shaft. You cannot compete.

• Falcone has plot armor plus Batman is set in a world with modern medicine unlike TWD and GoT meaning he's more likely to survive an injury that would be otherwise fatal in another game's world.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.