Whether will work game on my laptop?

Hello guys. I need your help.
My laptop is too weak for the new season of "The Walking Dead", so I want to buy a new one. And as the requirements in the new season will be such-like in Batman...
So I want to know that laptop with such requirements is enough to start the game with an updated engine perfectly?

Processor: Intel Pentium N3700 2.4 HGz (4 CPU)
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 810M 1024 MB
DirectX 11

Thank YOU for advance!

P.S. What's VRAM?

enter image description here

Comments

• edited August 2016

It will work, but it won't run well. I would wait for a patch before picking the game up just yet.

Here's an example of how the game runs for me in a window on my laptop with higher specs.

• It's pretty good.
    But in a window...

It will work, but it won't run well. I would wait for a patch before picking the game up just yet. Here's an example of how the game runs for me in a window on my laptop with higher specs.

• Yeah...Its definitely an issue on Telltale's end as I should be able to run the game just fine. Hopefully by the time episode 2 releases this should all be ironed out.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

It's pretty good. But in a window...

• edited August 2016

From my understanding, VRAM helps with loading high resolution textures and complex 3D models while doing tasks like gaming and video editing. Having VRAM available is important while gaming because it prevents the computer from needing to use its normal RAM, which can reduce game performance (i.e. framerate). Correct me if I'm wrong, people.

As freelancepolicefan11 said, you should probably hold off buying until a patch is released to fix the game's inconsistent performance. A lot of people (including myself) are having problems with the game despite exceeding the game's system requirements.

As for the laptop you're thinking about buying, what's the model (and price you could get it for?) What's your ideal price range? I only ask because even if Batman was going to run well on it, it doesn't seem worth it because you're not going to be able to run much else on it. Also I'd be wary of overheating considering how thin the laptop pictured is, unless you plan on having it sit on frozen hotdogs through every gaming session.

If you're going to get a decent gaming laptop, I would at least go for 8GB RAM and better processor, if you can. Just remember that The Walking Dead Season 3 is still at least a few months away, so you've got time to save up if need be :)

• Okay, I'll wait for release episode 2. I hope it will be quick.
    Don't worry. Basically, I don't plan to play any other games besides Telltale's games. I do play the whole game or two a year. It is mainly for work, watching video, internet, chat. Therefore, I don't need much powerful processor (2.4-2.6 HGz will be enough) and a large graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 840 will be good).
    I want a fairly inexpensive laptop. Basically just to start the third season of "The Walking Dead" and Batman for perfect game.
    And how do I know whether my VRAM is enough for the minimum requirements of Batman? I would be grateful for your response.
    Can I recommend something? I will be grateful.
    Thank YOU for your words! :)

hemfbg posted: »

From my understanding, VRAM helps with loading high resolution textures and complex 3D models while doing tasks like gaming and video editin

• Which your processor, how much RAm and which VIDEO card you have?

Yeah...Its definitely an issue on Telltale's end as I should be able to run the game just fine. Hopefully by the time episode 2 releases this should all be ironed out.

• edited August 2016

Hey guys, will my computer work on my laptop? These are my specs.

• edited August 2016

Don't see image. Sorry. Try again.
    EDIT: It' working!

enter image description here

Hey guys, will my computer work on my laptop? These are my specs.

• Click the link.

Don't see image. Sorry. Try again. EDIT: It' working!

• Hmm... 2 HGz...
    And how much video memory you have, human?

Don't see image. Sorry. Try again. EDIT: It' working!

• You have lags in FULLscreen, freelan?

Yeah...Its definitely an issue on Telltale's end as I should be able to run the game just fine. Hopefully by the time episode 2 releases this should all be ironed out.

• enter image description here

Hmm... 2 HGz... And how much video memory you have, human?

• I meant which Grafic card you have?
    How much GB video?

• enter image description here

I meant which Grafic card you have? How much GB video?

• The 6GB normal RAM looks okay but if you've only got Intel HD graphics, that'll be a problem.

• I have intel Grafic at this laptop. And It's problem...

I have black bars appear on the models in a game cause this video card.

• It's enough 1 GB Video for Batman?
    Do you know?

The 6GB normal RAM looks okay but if you've only got Intel HD graphics, that'll be a problem.

• The minimum requirements on Steam indicate yes, but considering the game's poor optimization... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's enough 1 GB Video for Batman? Do you know?

• Ohh... I hope Episode 2 will be soon.

The minimum requirements on Steam indicate yes, but considering the game's poor optimization... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Guys, this laptop will be perfect?

Processor: Intel Pentium N3700 1,6-2.4 HGz (4 CPU)
    Memory: 4-8 GB RAM
    Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 920M 2048 MB
    DirectX 11

Sign in to comment in this discussion.